American MilSim
Sign in to follow this  
Charlie

What to Use

So on my current chest rig i have a mag pouch that holds six M4 mags. I also have a dump pouch. I was wondering if any other items would be useful to add on. I am planning on getting an IFAK soon.

THis is something that is going to evolve for you over time to fit your needs.  I'd add on a pouch to carry a radio and spare battery (they can go in the same pouch) pistol mag pouches if you carry one.  How much space do you have?  Can you link to the brand/model of chest rig you are using?

That vest will get the job done.  I moved to a battle belt a few years ago and never looked back.  I kind of went all battle belt and decided I needed a bit more space/weight distribution so I added a micro chest panel. 

If you play long enough or get into real guns you are going to develop a mountain of used gear over time.  I've got a few Tupperware totes full of gear that I loan out or give to family and close friends. 

That chest rig can honestly carry everything you need.  But I like being able to tailor my gear to what I'm doing.  If it's going to be a 20 min pickup game I probably dont' need to carry my chest rig and battle belt.  But if it's going to be a full day game I may want to carry it all along with my assault pack added in. 

I started with a plate carrier and I too moved just about everything to a battle belt. The only things still on my PC is enough mag pouches for 8 mags for long ops like AMS games and my hydro carrier for my Geiger rig. Oh and a chest panel admin pouch which again I only need for long milsim games.

I am always moveing/adding/removeing pouches though based on how they have been working for me in games. You will eventually find a way you like everything based on your play style, and you will also have a lot of extra gear and thats ok.

Like the others have said, your gear with change over time as your hobby changes and your interest grows/shrinks.

Currently, I run a PC with a triple on the front (3 mags with BFG pistol mags) a fastmag on my weak side and an IFAK pouch on my strong side which I keep extra things (2 bandages, phone, keys, wallet, pens, chemlights, extra battery).  My cummerbund has built in radio pouches so my weakside has a radio and my strong side has an extra mag (I run 5+1)   I have a MAP pouch on my back with a pouch that I keep additional chemlights, mags, green gas.  My extra batteries I keep in a baggie on my helmet.  Of course this will evolve further just as it has to this point but for me I like to run slick with only essentials.  My pants (LBX assaulter) have enough pouches to keep extras smaller things if necessary.

I have a really simple belt that I intend to hook up a standard FAK and dump pouch.  I really like the idea of running this for additional quick grab items, a FAK and hook my dump pouch to:

http://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Fanny-Waist-Pouch-Green/dp/B00Z8M9434/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1453131552&sr=1-1&keywords=sas+tactical+fanny+packhttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Z8M9434?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=AW5VCQ8QJC9FD

The real estate on the vest you've chosen is very flexible and gives you all the space you need to run gear.  Always remember you can run a MAP or slightly larger backpack to keep additional gear necessary.