AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook. ×
American MilSim
AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook.
Sign in to follow this  
TheJP

Blue Force 10 Speed Triple Owners?

I have been thinking of grabbing a Blue Force 10 Speed Triple for the front of my JPC with the idea of when it is unloaded it will compress enough to be basically out of the way and really add no depth to my rig.

Anyone with the Blue Force 10 speed have experience and tell me if that's how it will work in reality?

My observation of this piece of gear is, that it works well when removing mags, but can be difficult especially with Pmags to re-insert a mag into it. But my opinion is biased as an HSGI Taco user :)

My observation of this piece of gear is, that it works well when removing mags, but can be difficult especially with Pmags to re-insert a mag into it. But my opinion is biased as an HSGI Taco user :)

I am really not worried about having to re-index my mags back into those pouches. I just want it to lay flat and compressed, totally out of the way once it's empty.

I did a little bit of T&E on them. I have the same complaint about putting magazines back in them is a PITA. Additionally the elastic will wear out over time. I only used them for about a month and found in that time that they had already started to warp from use. I had to restitch a portion of the double pistol pouch I purchased as the stitching started to fall apart literally after only a few uses. This was probably just a bad product as I did not have the same problem with my double M4 magazine pouch. Overall it is a neat idea but not very practical and I don't believe they will hold up well under long term use/abuse. However, they do lay very flat to your rig and if that is all you are concerned with these are definately the pouches for you. My advice, pass.

Nasty from D9 has something similar, only his is actually a chest rig type thing that holds about 5 mags I think. He seems to like it for now. Extremely low profile and light weight, but I can see Gunfather6's experience happening to Nasty's rig down the road if he used it more often.

I'm not sure if you were paying much attention to my rig this last weekend, JP, but I put a Tactical Tailor MC tripple shingle on my Gellman PC. There's a pic of it on this forum in the '2nd Line' thread. It lays really flat with nothing in it. Very light weight and has bungie retension loops to go over your mags. Mine will actually hold AK74 or AK Beta Project mags fairly well and is not difficult at all to re-index the mags into the pouch. I think it ran me a little over $27. I got mine new for that price on ebay, but all the CB one's I'm finding are all around $40.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tactical-Tailor-Triple-5-56-Mag-Panel-Coyote-New-/180823076917?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a19e53035

I haven't used it enough to give you a good review on wear and tear, but it worked well at RDGX. I used 2 of the pouches for a radio and tornado. Super low profile.

You might ask the M7 guys too. One of their recent video's showed them using the pistol mag pouches, but im not sure if they have used the m4 mag pouches.

Thanks for everyone's input, prob just pull the trigger and find out first hand. Might be a WTS 10 Speed thread soon thought, keep your eyes peeled!

I have been using them for a little while now (over a month). At first they were EXTREMELY tight, but after leaving the mags in for a while they got better. Now, they are looser now but still have great retention. They have also deformed a bit (into the shape of the mag) but that is perfectly fine in my opinion. Wile they are difficult to re-index/insert with one hand, thats not what I use mine for. I use mine to feed a secondary source such as a battle belt or the left of my chest rig that has fast mags or tacos. I like the clean look, and I am expecting mine to last a long time. Hope this helps if anyone is looking at getting any (since it looks like you already ordered yours Jp).

-Voodoo (Colorado).

JP,

I run the TAG triple mag pouch inside my map holder on the Banshee. I run the 10 speed on the outside for the very reason you are asking about. It is a really low profile and works like a charm imho.

I have been using Ten Speeds consistently for quite a long time and do not have any complaints about them.  
The elastic is very durable, and has held up to airsoft mags (light), loaded AR mags (heavier), and GBBR mags (OH DEAR GOD).

The "lay flat feature is outstanding for minimizing space when not in use, and while re-indexing is a PITA, its a HORRIBLE habit to get into, hence why God invented dump pouches.

BFG on the front of a kit, and HSGI on the side...  win win.

I've been using them for a year. There is some obvious wear and tear but they still work. I can put my pmags back in them now and they still constrict the mags and fold flat when not in use. It's a good buy.

Sign in to follow this