AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook. ×
American MilSim
AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook.
Tye

Camping Information

Small Fire pit at camping site?

I hope so. It may be cold!

Average high for that area the first wee of March is 55* and low is ~34* according to wunderground.com

I would like to suggest designating a spot for RV's, I know we are planning on brining ours heard a couple others mention it and wouldn't want to park by someone that was tent camping and have them listening to the drone of or generator all night if the need was there to run it.

Average high for that area the first wee of March is 55* and low is ~34* according to wunderground.com

So with this, are soft shell combat jackets allowed (if it's cold cold?) I have a CB soft shell that matches "Tan team" but not the pattern. Still able to wear it?

So with this, are soft shell combat jackets allowed (if it's cold cold?) I have a CB soft shell that matches "Tan team" but not the pattern. Still able to wear it?

Yes, outer gear like that just needs to match the Faction's base color.

With the venue change, will this change on site plumbing (showers and toilets) also the indoor camping, is that changing as well?

With the venue change, will this change on site plumbing (showers and toilets) also the indoor camping, is that changing as well?

We are working on this, we have indoor camping covered, but not 100% sure if that will include showers. will know Wednesday.

Never, ever, ever, ever try to predict the weather in Oklahoma. It's like trying to pick up chicks at a lesbian bar...

Here in KC, if you don't like the weather, just give it a few hours...it will change :D

Give it up cuz none of you live in Colorado.

Lol have you ever had a day where it was 85 degrees at 8 in the morning and by 5 that afternoon there was 2 inches of snow on the ground?

Just a couple weeks ago the temps dropped at a rate of almost 20* per hour here in the 4-state area. Went from high 60's to the teens in a little over two hours. Your move, Colorado....

Don't make us pull the Tornado card on you....

Just a couple weeks ago the temps dropped at a rate of almost 20* per hour here in the 4-state area. Went from high 60's to the teens in a little over two hours. Your move, Colorado....

Don't make us pull the Tornado card on you....

You guys are busting my balls...

Think FG was the best milsim weather I have ever seen for an OP... I just don't want rain or wind!

Driving home from work on a Tuesday:

Leave work where its a complete blizzard, white out, snowpacked roads

Drive through town where its spring like and warmer with rain

Pick up my daughter from her grandmothers house where it is rather warm and green and she is playing on the lawn - blue skies

Pull into my driveway where its cold but no snow/rain, with Fall like conditions and cloudy

4 Seasons in under two hours. Your move OK. (and we have tornadoes too ;) )

BTW GZ is in colorado.

I remeber having a white OUT BLIZZARD, that the ARMY got called to help people over, while the north side of Colorado Springs didn't have a single flake, and was warn enought to wear a tshirt only.

July 4th it snowed.

LAST SUMMER june 6th http://www.koaa.com/images/thumbnails/BFDE5272209B69EF7F6A10D5C05D3324_600_600.jpg FEET of hail not inches, and not a foot, FEET. That picture is less than 100 yards from my work. Only two cars got hail damage and we had less than an one half an inch of hail here, again LESS THAN 100 YARD AWAY.

It was 85 for Xmas once. That night is dropped to 10.

We have the most sunny days of any state, becuase no matter how bad the weather is the sun is shining hard at some point.

Yesterday is was 75 and I went on a motorcycle ride, it is sposto be -10 tonight thru sunday, monday it will be around 60. I am happy becuase this is over 5 days, somethings its like this in a three day span, for weeks on end.

You guys are busting my balls...

That's what I do, man. It's like my second job, but enjoy it so much I do it without geting payed. Just ask Bash or Nasty. Oh, and *insert standard D9 - JP greeting phrase here*. You know what I'm talking about....

Anyone know if a small camp fire will be allowed at our tent site for cooking?

It depends if there is any type of burn ban, this should be an issue but you will need to build a fire ring.

Weather forecast for Roosevelt, OK

• Friday Sunny, with a high near 47.
  • Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26.
  • Saturday Sunny, with a high near 52.
  • Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
  • Sunday Sunny, with a high near 56.
  • Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 36.
  • Monday Sunny, with a high near 60.

Was there any resolve to the question about showers/heads at the new AO? If so, are they female frindly, or will she just have to shower with me, and pee in an old station wagon? :)