American MilSim
Rebel

Weather proofing you AEG against the rain

100 mph tape over ejection port/dust covers. I may even bag my muzzle.Unless it's a torrential downpour, we should be ok. How about this... as far as AR style AEG's motor plates. Heat sink/vented vs stadard TM style? Heat sink may be better to vent any water out from acring your pos and neg motor terminals, BUT... it lets water in. Standard TM type motor plate wont let much in, BUT, It wont let much out either.

I've never bothered weather proofing my AEG's. I've never had a problem with malfunctions due to water in anything but an old headset. Ben in one of my videos from Op Bright Rain you can see me fall right into a mud puddle on top of my G&G M4 and that thing is still trucking along to this day with no problems. As long your battery isn't taped the th outside of your gun or something, most of us will be perfectly fine.

Nothing. You don't need to weather proof your AEG. I've played in tons of storms. Shoot you can submerge your AEG in a pool, bring it back out and still shoot it (granted you will have to re-clean and re-grease the insides).

Believe it or not but an AEG is not that vulnerable to weather. Water is a terrible conductor of electricity and you will not have anywhere near enough water being dumped on you to be close to shorting your electrical system.

I wasn't planning on doing anything anyway. Nothing's ever happened to it before. I just love hearing what people do. Everyone's creativity in this sport amazes me and was hoping for a really whacked out story. Plus if I burn something out it'll just be a couple things and it'll be fine anyway.