American MilSim
TheJP

Purposed Improvements for all future AMS events

[quote name='Mojoe' timestamp='1339030408' post='5621']
Sadly, I didn't get a chance to attend BH, but I'd like to really give AMS accolades for garnering feedback from everybody in such a public forum. Furthermore, the responses from the AMS staff have been insightful and resonate with a tone of really wanting to hear what the players had to say, bravo.

Keep it up AMS, this positive and humble demeanor is exactly what this sport needs, thank you.
[/quote]

Thanks!
We really are trying to make sure we get a good idea of all thoughts good and bad. As I have said before....this game and the many more after this one is for you guys! We truly understand all that you do as players to gear up and get here. If we do not take into consideration everything ... how can we improve?. Also.. like I always say.... " If I own a mexican restaurant and I serve you bad cheese dip and you dont tell me... Ill keep serving bad cheese dip and lose customers." lol

Thanks again guys for all the thoughts, ideas etc. We really want to implement these moving ahead!

[quote name='D-Train' timestamp='1340187774' post='5900']
Now if you have done all of this and still think the heat is to much. You mite be a Eskimo. If that''s the case can't help you. J.K.
[/quote]

HAHA I might just be one, but thanks for the advice. Right now is just not the year for me and my family, I still have alot to learn, every day I pick up something new about airsoft. Hopefully I will have it figure out for next year, ok enough complaining from me. I will just keep doing what I can at the games, I know I could be more fit and in better shape. Maybe it's that time hell I'll be 33 on the 1st. Ams has the best games so I should not be bitchen about the heat, anyways I bet my grand pa been in much worse during WWII.

Yogi

I don't think that holding people's rifles if they chrono hot is the answer. It creates more liability for the AMS staff, and could turn out to be quite the undertaking. Also, if I don't bring a gun to chrono, then you will not even know that i have it. So if your intention is to stop cheaters, then the cheaters are still going to cheat. Also, no offense but I don't want you holding onto my guns for four days.

I think that the easier soluition would be for admin's to simply check chrono tags in the field. The two things that I feel are most neglected at any op that I've been to are checking chrono tags on the field occasionally, and enforcing full seal goggles. It seems that once the game starts most of the time admins are busy with game play and don't focus on rules enforcement if it doesn't come in the form of a complaint. You can go through the pictures that the photographer took and see examples of rules violations. I do like the idea of spot checks with the chrono though. Throw that thing in a pouch and roll out.

I was also going to suggest to Bo next time that we spoke about putting water at the mash units. Brad and I were running around on the four wheeler giving out water, and it was clear that the two water buffalo's were not enough. There were lots of places that the 4 wheeler could get to faster and easier then the buffalo could get to.

You guys rock,

[sup] This just came to mind. Putting out a chain of command roster for each force. Including pic's and rank so that if someone happens to walk up on someone in command they will know who they have in there sights. A posible prisoner or a K.O.C!![/sup]

[sup]Jammer[/sup]

I know we (the cops) had a 5 gallon jerry can of water that we offered to anyone that we came across who wasn't on the road from Caen to Pegasus to Coleville (which is where we always saw the deuce). We got quite a few takers so I like to think it helped.

We drove all over that AO, patrolling areas even if we didn't think anyone was out there (we rolled up onto the MOD prepping for something that way, and some other various groups in the act of deviousness).

My only suggestion relates to the night DAM mission that took place @ ESR.

The regular game ended at about 7:30 pm on saturday and a few of our squad decided to take advantage of the latter night DAM mission, while the rest went home to soak their wounds ;) . Unfortunately, we had to wait almost 3 hours before we were called for our DAM mission. Im not sure if doing a night mission was a new thing, but I would have liked a bit more communication on scheduling for each team.

Thanks for listening,

Solo

No, DAMs at night is not a new thing, I know Frosty was unable to get one of the squads on comms -- possible that was your squad  other than that I am not sure what would have caused the delay, might PM Frosty.

more OPs/AOs closer for us northeast guys! we want to throw our money at you but that 13hr drive to FG3 sucked. I was up for 30+ hours straight both Friday and Sunday. Still fucking worth it but would like to be able to go to more OPs. 

As more females attend AMS events as players and support, I would propose women only portapoties or other facilities for them to use.

I overheard several complain about the conditions at the ones at FG3. Let's be honest; most of us men are great shots but don't seem to care about aiming centermass of a toilet.lol!

I am not sure this is the place but I want to suggest a place a for a game, I haven't been there but been looking around online. What about Crisis City, ks http://www.kansastag.gov/kdem.asp?PageID=370 I think this would be a cool place?

If you would like to submit an idea for an op location, send and email to [email protected]  If we use your submitted location for an event, and your location wasn't already on our proposed AO list, then you will receive a finders fee.  That being said, I believe that we have seen this AO before, and determined that it is much too small to support an airsoft event on. 

I have a suggestion. This past weekend I was playing at ESR19-3 and I noticed with my own eyes twice, and heard about several other instances about active players using standing dead players as cover. Now I know I have never seen a real person get shot, but I'm pretty sure most of the time you're shot, you don't stand up in combat. I know AMS has been refining the rules to make it more milsim, specially in regards to medics and dragging. It would seem to me that if hit players who are bleeding out have to be dragged or carried, they should be on the ground waiting for rescue. This would also serve to mitigate other problems. Problems such as not being recognized as hit and being over killed/shot because if you lay down on the ground and just raise your dead rag in your hand then you will be less likely to be hit. Exceptions would be for safety such as not being in a vehicles way. I myself am used to standing up when hit, and encountered a problem when us forces kept shooting at me though dead with a rag out but not visible to them, and I wasn't getting angry, but for some reason they were. It would also emphasize the role of medic and keeping things hidden. If you see an enemy who was standing duck down behind his cover, you know he is getting medic attention, but if he was on the ground, it adds mystery to everything. That's just my two cents. I don't think it would be too hard to implement, and gross forgetfullness/ I tension al neglect of this rule could be counted as a war crime. Troops shouldn't use standing dead as cover when they have to fully drag them.

^^^^^ nothing like laying into someone and wasting ammo just to find out they are hit and you feel like ass for shooting at them. I personally fall down if safe when shot..... sometimeS yelling at people about how they 'WHERNT THERE MAAAHN''  :D

So after Broken Home I have a few things that would have helped us. I'm a little different in that my job allows me to print nice maps etc etc. I would like to see maps posted before the event for those of us that can laminate, print etc. I used an older map but would have been nice to have current points on it for us pre-planners haha.

The secure forums I think could be utilized better to begin the planning... Again this was my first AMS so I kinda sat back and watched to see it all played out. Next one I plan on contributing more to enhance my own game and I hope others. I also plan to visit more with command the day before if nothing more for comraderie and to learn who's who. I would have this game but a gun shooting hot an a guy, myself, who never changed a spring ate up most of my day (damn AEGs)... you live and you learn.

From a marketing stand point I think a basic start to the story to unfold be included in the packs handed out so everyone kinda has a idea of whats to come i.e. There will be 9 check points with UFS troops securing six in these regions missions will be to locate and the other 5. We also have LRRP that was spotted in the field and counter insurgents have been tasked etc etc. to build why we are there and what we are doing. Maybe its not a big one but I like literature and learning who is command for both us an them and why we are there. Its dorky but lets the plot thicken.

From a marketing stand point I think a basic start to the story to unfold be included in the packs handed out so everyone kinda has a idea of whats to come i.e. There will be 9 check points with UFS troops securing six in these regions missions will be to locate and the other 5. We also have LRRP that was spotted in the field and counter insurgents have been tasked etc etc. to build why we are there and what we are doing. Maybe its not a big one but I like literature and learning who is command for both us an them and why we are there. Its dorky but lets the plot thicken.

FNN Headline Stories

This is always a good reference for back stories. As far as any IPB, that would be what the secured forums are good for.

FNN Headline Stories

This is always a good reference for back stories. As far as any IPB, that would be what the secured forums are good for.

No agreed and I love reading them as it adds something more than just two sides slinging BBs. I just work in marketing and its one of those things I pick up on to make things more enjoyable. a Quick 8.5x11 piece of paper mocked up to look like a newspaper helping to outline or hint at where checkpoints might be etc. Just a cool story for those that want to play detective or feel like something more. Also the paper could be used for sponsors to place rebates/ads etc.

And for the secure forums I will say I under utilized them as my first event and didn't know what to expect. This won't be the case next time to start getting squad involvement and setting proirities if possible sooner. I don't really know when command starts getting info from AMS to disperse but if its a few weeks, days out, some of that could be utilized by those active on here.

Unfortunately due to espionage, the amount of information we can share early is limited.  Come to the team leadership meeting and work through your command staff more and you can get the information you desire.  We definitely under utilize the private AMS forums for the events on purpose.