• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

TheJP

TheJP

AMS MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 3,261 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, OK
After hearing and reading all of the players feedback for what went right and wrong at OBH, the staff will compile a list of "Improvements" to be made at future American MilSim events.

This will be a collaborative discussion feel free to voice your opinions and concerns. These are lsited in no paticular order.
  • Strict "Hands Off" Policy for Admins to follow regarding player command, unless it's a safety issue
  • Admins appointed to "Zones" to prevent Admins "rubber necking" in one place
  • Adhere to the Time Table
  • No Early ENDEX.
  • Random Chrono Spot Checks During Game Play
  • Dedicated MASH Admins
  • Water at all MASH Unit
  • Better Defined Role for all Non CoST/UFS forces
  • Better ID for Enemy Vehicles (possible whip flags)
  • Any FRAG device used to destroy vehicles in the cab (must leave pin in - not be active)
  • MoD embedded with the force they are working with (adhering to that force's uniform standard)

Edited by TheJP, 19 June 2012 - 11:35 PM.
Update

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
THEJP
Facebook.com/THEJPAMS

Blackbird

Blackbird

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationDFW, TX
Whip flags are good.

UFS had a plan setup to use radio/antenna/whip flags on our PoV's but it didn't come to fruition, I know we set it up for our assault buggy that blackout militia brought up, but since nobody else was using it, we removed it.

all these ideas sound great.

My only other thought besides a zone admin, would be to assign an MoD to each unit at maybe a platoon level. So you always have an admin, but because he's shooting too, doesn't feel like a babysitter. I'd suggest using a member of the platoon so you don't have to recruit as many MoD's but I forsee potential issues with honesty and "bending" the rules to the gain of a given faction on either side. A dedicated admin, even if he is another shooter, seems better. I know theres a logistics headache in finding such able bodied individuals willing to handle the task though.

Did I mention Im a big big fan of the spot chrono? It didn't occur to me until sunday, when I came back into the AO after an injury, and had handed a teammate the gun I'd been using all weekend, but when I reached for a backup, I went for a gun I hadn't chrono, and it occurred to me, nobody really was checking for the zipties and I could have brought that in, and had that been a hot or dangerous gun, for the record it wasnt, but if it was, that could have been very bad. I sat out the extra 15 minutes to top off the battery I used the day prior and play with my other chronoed replica, but I don't know I would trust all others to do the same if they were itching to get into the fight, I know it was a hard wait for me.

Keep up the good work gents, this year's game was amazing, and from the looks of things, its only going to get even better.
Posted Image

Yogi

Yogi

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationWichita, Ks
I was weighing the reason's and what not but it also bugged me why may why not sooner to avoid this heatwave. I know it's a four day weekend but who cares when we have almost a year to plan to take days off. why pay honor every-time we play, but as you can see and I am agreeing that's it has to be a safety issue. I know most are fit enough but I am not fit and I am sure lot's are not either. Even with learning how to breath right and control your heart beat it may not be enough. Hell everyone may know me from 5 years ago and I learned alot I just knew I had to call it quits and I did.

It kill's me to be smart and quit the game but at the end it was the right choice. Not only I was just about to overheat but ended up drinking to much water. I was tired of drinking any water for a week. So I know our hearts are in the right places when we have this game at the end of may but I can see it becoming a safety issue do to the extreme heat. I rather buck up and play in the cold weather instead the heat, but the again you might of been able to cook some eggs on the rocks out there ;) .

I love to game and if I could I'd eat and breath airsoft, remember that old movie Field of dreams. "If you build it, he (they) will come."

Yogi = Senior +18
AMS=Promoter
MilSim Addict
MilSim for Life
Just a lonely Merc
I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Operation: Balldrop I,II,III, Beauty Queen, Oklahoma Invasion III,IV,V,VI,VII,VIII Uprising, Black Gold, Fire Blossom III, Winter Garden I,II,III, Foreshadow, D-Day, Black Op I,II, PAD I,II, Battle for Liberty I, Broken Home I,II, End State
Facebook Airsoft

AMS-Banner_zps2c04a8ea.jpg

Jager

Jager

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationYou Will Never Know
Untill you have a larger staff and cover the other issues regarding more admins, I think the in-field chrono is unnecessary at this time, as they have been checked already. Being a game of honor and potentially detracting from game-flow, this suggested requirement should be demphasized untill a need is determined and game admins have more spare-time. All players know the importance to comply with this safety issue.
Jager
Jager
Administrator-Oklahoma Badland Regulators
OP:Beauty Queen:(08) OP:Uprising:(08) OP:Wintergarden:(08)(10)(11) OP:Foreshadow:(08)
OK:Invasion:(08,09,10)SQL 1-1 OP:Coffeebreak:(10) co-CO Black OP:(10) SQL.1-2
Player Appreciation Day:(10)Sheik Of Carpet Pilots OP:Night Owl:(10,11) A-Force-XO,ADF SO
OP:Counter Strike:(11)Insurgent SQL 1-1 OP:Heat Wave:(11)Insurgent Special Operations
OP:Battle For Liberty1(11) Insurgent OP:Covert Action(12) Op:Night Strike:(12)SOF
OP:Broken Home:(12) CoST SQL 1-1

Blackbird

Blackbird

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationDFW, TX

Untill you have a larger staff and cover the other issues regarding more admins, I think the in-field chrono is unnecessary at this time, as they have been checked already. Being a game of honor and potentially detracting from game-flow, this suggested requirement should be demphasized untill a need is determined and game admins have more spare-time. All players know the importance to comply with this safety issue.
Jager

and assuming that is also what causes issues. the larger the game, the greater potential for issues. this is as simple as have a couple of staff carry portable chronos, which aren't horribly expensive, to occasionally stop players and chrono them. it'll be annoying for us, but it should scare off the cheaters.
Posted Image

Aswayze

Aswayze

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationKansas City
One potential fix for hot guns is requiring any gun that shoots hot to be checked in for the duration of the event. That's what we do at East Wind. If it's hot, it will never see the field. This both avoids potential sneaking on of hot guns and also provides SERIOUS encouragement to make sure you gear is right before you show up. Only gun you've got chronos hot? Hope you've got a buddy with a loaner, otherwise the Kastaway booth is right over there.

Doc Dodge

Doc Dodge

AMS Staff Medic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationStill on duty
Strict adherence to vehicle speed limits.
Caution tape around admin areas and instructions forbidding use of those areas for cover by players.
DDAP haviing the porta-potties serviced before the event.
A dedicated 'taxi' vehicle making regular runs through the AO.

91B20/19D20 1974-1988

"Silverbacks don't run. We swagger, stagger, mosey, huff, puff, stroll, roll, troll, trot, sneak, seek, hide, glide, slide, ride, stride, and take lots of well-deserved breaks, but we DO NOT RUN."

--Doc Dodge

D-Train

D-Train

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • LocationSAN ANTONIO TEXAS
Need to have admin with GO PRO'S so that we can see who is doing what.
SEISOPS GROUP (SOG) XO
ESR-19
RDGX
RED DAWN
OKI6

STEEL SPIDER
JUST REVENGE
OKI5
BROKEN HOME
REBEL YELL
STAR BURST-4

Random Cynic

Random Cynic

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX
  • Integration of an admin or MOD into the civilian side.
    • Course of action for the civilians / insurgents after initial contacts.
  • Reduction of non game traffic on roads
  • Camp site coordination
    • power / water not being on thursday?
    • Possibly assign generalized locations for factions?
  • Vehicles requiring hit whip flags as well or everyone in the vehicle to hold up flags

Blackbird

Blackbird

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationDFW, TX
Some organization to where sides should camp would be cool, team cohesion and stuff would be greater. Doesn't have to be super hardcore enforced but a map saying "UFS here" and "CoST" here would be nice to help keep everyone together with team/squad mates, i spent a considerable amount of time trying to track down a set of players who just straight up didn't show insofar as Im aware.

Hit flags or markers for vehicles would be nice too.
Posted Image

Jager

Jager

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationYou Will Never Know

• Integration of an admin or MOD into the civilian side.
    • Course of action for the civilians / insurgents after initial contacts.
  • Reduction of non game traffic on roads
  • Camp site coordination
    • power / water not being on thursday?
    • Possibly assign generalized locations for factions?
  • Vehicles requiring hit whip flags as well or everyone in the vehicle to hold up flags

I agree Blackbird. This year The Regulators, Robinson Recon and our CoST Platoon1 CO, Rocketman camped together this year. It does increase intersquad cohesiveness. I believe we will try to, informally, within our platoon, get more of the squads to camp together next year.
Jager
Jager
Administrator-Oklahoma Badland Regulators
OP:Beauty Queen:(08) OP:Uprising:(08) OP:Wintergarden:(08)(10)(11) OP:Foreshadow:(08)
OK:Invasion:(08,09,10)SQL 1-1 OP:Coffeebreak:(10) co-CO Black OP:(10) SQL.1-2
Player Appreciation Day:(10)Sheik Of Carpet Pilots OP:Night Owl:(10,11) A-Force-XO,ADF SO
OP:Counter Strike:(11)Insurgent SQL 1-1 OP:Heat Wave:(11)Insurgent Special Operations
OP:Battle For Liberty1(11) Insurgent OP:Covert Action(12) Op:Night Strike:(12)SOF
OP:Broken Home:(12) CoST SQL 1-1

Tusk

Tusk

AMS Shaman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

My only other thought besides a zone admin, would be to assign an MoD to each unit at maybe a platoon level. So you always have an admin, but because he's shooting too, doesn't feel like a babysitter. I'd suggest using a member of the platoon so you don't have to recruit as many MoD's but I forsee potential issues with honesty and "bending" the rules to the gain of a given faction on either side. A dedicated admin, even if he is another shooter, seems better. I know theres a logistics headache in finding such able bodied individuals willing to handle the task though.

I can dig that. After some discussion, Russo and I both agree that MOD's should be assigned and permanently embedded to their squads or platoons. They should wear the same color camo pants (Green Digi's or Tan Digi's) and become part of that squad a bit more. I unfortunately had weapon issues and that just wasn't an option for me, but I did try to stick to the green side to admin and follow.

I can also guarantee you, there will be no shortage of individuals who want to fill that role. It was very satisfying to be one part admin, one part mentor and one part LARP'er. I know there are others who felt the same way and would be more than happy to play as MoD and keep their point of views unbiased as well.

I loved having the SEISOPS guys there because they brought a lot of fight - but I have to admit, I think I have helped to permanently taint the ability to flip-flop. (Civies will always need to retain this ability. Free will in their role is an inherent right) But having a large force like the SEISOPS switching sides was probably not the best thing to do. They did it as right as they possibly could by not being cheap and stabbing someone in the back. There flips were as announced as it could have been and any failure to recognize it was more than likely a break int he COMMO chain. (Which is always bound to happen anyways with dead radios, radios not properly programmed, etc.) I think we should have broken them apart and given them assignments to stick with. This isn't a cut on them, they did a great job as always. I just think that "Raven" guy has ruined the flop ability for a while.

bar-patriot-tusk.jpg
bar-cpc.jpg
bar-heathen.jpg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CPC Advocate, AMS Viking
benji @ kilonine.com
"Boldly do men talk from a distance." (HS) Icelandic Sagas

teeth

teeth

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationLewisville, TX

I can dig that. After some discussion, Russo and I both agree that MOD's should be assigned and permanently embedded to their squads or platoons. They should wear the same color camo pants (Green Digi's or Tan Digi's) and become part of that squad a bit more. I unfortunately had weapon issues and that just wasn't an option for me, but I did try to stick to the green side to admin and follow.

I can also guarantee you, there will be no shortage of individuals who want to fill that role. It was very satisfying to be one part admin, one part mentor and one part LARP'er.

After hearing about what you and Ghost got to do, I would have jumped on the chance to do something like that as a MoD. Although, I did have fun doing what I was doing.

Like any grunt, fueled by tobacco, Monster, and a little bit of whiskey.

Yogi

Yogi

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationWichita, Ks
I would love to be a MOD, anything I can do to help

Yogi = Senior +18
AMS=Promoter
MilSim Addict
MilSim for Life
Just a lonely Merc
Operation: Balldrop I,II,III, Beauty Queen, Oklahoma Invasion III,IV,V,VI,VII,VIII Uprising, Black Gold, Fire Blossom III, Winter Garden I,II,III, Foreshadow, D-Day, Black Op I,II, PAD I,II, Battle for Liberty I, Broken Home I,II, End State
Facebook Airsoft

Blackbird

Blackbird

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationDFW, TX
Tusk, I get what your saying.

The flip flopping was ridiculous, even if this little story I heard from Kilroy about being held at knife point was funny as hell.

I know just having the civilians flip flop on us pissed me off to no end, especially with the humvee, which I thought to be horridly out of place for a civilian unit. We never encountered the MoD flipping, but I could see how either of the two big teams that were MoD this year flipping at the worst possible moment would just totally destroy a side.

They should be combat admins, and be there to do cool stuff like what you and ghost were doing with the evacs, but shouldn't be used the way they were, I think. It worked out here, but I've seen this same concept fail pretty hard down here at some local games of admittedly a lesser caliber than AMS.

We had a big problem with not having admins available to do things when we needed them to be done, and this was my primary complaint this year, and probably the only one AMS has any real control over. Anything we can do to have more admin coverage is better, and I think letting the admins get to shoot will help.
Posted Image

Rocketman

Rocketman

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Another I would suggest is no throwing of any device (thunderB, tornado, pea grenade, etc.) Dropping into a building or vehicle but they should never be thrown. Not everyone is wearing helmets and some of that stuff is kinda heavy.

Blackbird

Blackbird

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationDFW, TX

Another I would suggest is no throwing of any device (thunderB, tornado, pea grenade, etc.) Dropping into a building or vehicle but they should never be thrown. Not everyone is wearing helmets and some of that stuff is kinda heavy.

there was a rule about only underhand tossing during the briefing I recieved friday...

as pitt said, thunder B's hurt when thrown sidearm... according to the dude he hit with one.
Posted Image

TheJP

TheJP

AMS MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 3,261 posts

Tusk, I get what your saying.

The flip flopping was ridiculous, even if this little story I heard from Kilroy about being held at knife point was funny as hell.

I know just having the civilians flip flop on us pissed me off to no end, especially with the humvee, which I thought to be horridly out of place for a civilian unit. We never encountered the MoD flipping, but I could see how either of the two big teams that were MoD this year flipping at the worst possible moment would just totally destroy a side.

Agree 100% -- our hands were somewhat forced this ONE event on grandfathering in some special teams in. The issues of anyone "randomly" changing sides will not happen again. I have always hated that as well BB.
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
THEJP
Facebook.com/THEJPAMS

Yogi

Yogi

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationWichita, Ks

Big thanks to Swayze for his help on Comms.

Staff/Admin/Emergency

FRS Channel 2 Public Information - Camping/Check-in Questions (Thursday/Friday)

FRS Channel 1 Staff / 911 1-1 (462.5625 PL 67.0 Narrow)

22-2 Staff/Pyro (462.7250 PL 71.9 Narrow)

Note: default staff channel on staff radios should be set to receive Channel 20 and broadcast on Channel 1 to ensure effective use of repeater. Second channel should be programmed to receive and transmit normally on channel 1 in the event the repeater fails.

UFS

2-2 UFS Command Net (462.5875 PL 71.9 Narrow)

3-2 UFS 1st Platoon (462.6125 PL 71.9 Narrow)
4-2 UFS 2nd Platoon (462.6375 PL 71.9 Narrow)
5-2 UFS Marines (462.6625 PL 71.9 Narrow)
6-2 UFS QRF Units (all) (462.6875 PL 71.9 Narrow)
7-2 UFS Contractors (462.7125 PL 71.9 Narrow)

21-2 UFS Alternate (462.7000 PL 71.9 Narrow)

Civilians

8-2 Civilian Militia (467.5625 PL 71.9 Narrow)

CST

19-2 CST Command Net (462.6500 PL 71.9 Narrow)

18-2 CST 1st Platoon (462.6250 PL 71.9 Narrow)
17-2 CST 2nd Platoon (462.6000 PL 71.9 Narrow)
16-2 CST 3rd Platoon (462.5750 PL 71.9 Narrow)
15-2 CST LRRP/SOG (462.5500 PL 71.9 Narrow)
14-2 CST QRF/Contractors (467.7125 PL 71.9 Narrow)

Jp does this all mean American Milsim will only be using Sub channels at all it's OP's or was this just for Broken Home and trying something different. I read everything afew times for the game but I guess I didn't understand the coms matrix think the numbers were confusing. But I need to know if I need to reprogram my Icom, I should of grabbed my other radio for the game. Ofcourse I am know thinking of getting a puxing for backup of my back up ;)

Yogi = Senior +18
AMS=Promoter
MilSim Addict
MilSim for Life
Just a lonely Merc
Facebook Airsoft

moses

moses

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationNebraska

Some organization to where sides should camp would be cool, team cohesion and stuff would be greater. Doesn't have to be super hardcore enforced but a map saying "UFS here" and "CoST" here would be nice to help keep everyone together with team/squad mates, i spent a considerable amount of time trying to track down a set of players who just straight up didn't show insofar as Im aware.

I got to say I disagree strongly with this. Part of the fun of camping is being able to meet those around you, CoST included. We had a great time chatting with the UFS Army guy camping near us the CoST squad as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users