American MilSim
STARK

Front Range Airsoft Fire Support Vehicle

Who here shit their pants the first time they saw the business end of the Team Element up-armored Humvee and its minigun? (FRAG Fire Support Vehicle)

If you have any pictures or videos (and I'm sure somebody has some since I can't remember driving past someone who wasn't either shooting at us or taking a picture) of the Humvee, in action could you please send them to my email: TRW0399@gmail.com or if you have any especially badass ones, go ahead and post them up right here

I would also like to thank everyone for being such good sports about the Humvee while we were still figuring out how to use the vehicle appropriately since this was the first national op that we have brought a vehicle to. I would like to thank all of the admins who gave us guidance as to the rules concerning the vehicle and I would like to thank everyone at AMS for allowing us to use it. I for one had a blast at this op and will definitely be coming back next year.

Other than that I'm just wondering what everyone thought of it, so go ahead and post it here

I must commend the gunner on that Humvee. I never once saw you guys just laying on that trigger towards one target. You seemed to keep the turret moving as to not let anyone get to hot headed.

Very well played gents.

I really think the switching sides added to it. Both teams learned to deal with the humvee. Not to mentioned it allowed the civilians a lot a leeway.

I agree, I was skeptical but it seemed to fit the game play well, except for always wondering which side it was on.

Ah yes the convoluted strategy that involved switching sides multiple times resulted in Element repeatedly leading either CoST or UFS to a major victory in Coleville. I must say the reaction of the green team after our first side switch was priceless... (as was their eagerness to get us back when we showed up in their camp on the final day offering our services in return for $10,000)

and thank you Kilroy, I too must commend the gunner - "Dagger" - on a very good performance, he did quite well for his first time on the gun and counted approximately 200+ kills

That humvee was scary as shit, but you guys did do an excellent job with safety as well as trigger control on the mini. We teamed up with you for one rush into Coleville and ended up getting dominated, but it was fun either way. if we have video of it I'll post it up.

thanks

the problem with that push (if your talking about the one i am thinking of) was that we went down the road to the left instead of the right. If we had gone on the road to the right we would not have come under the kind of heavy fire we did and might have made it to the east side of the church instead of getting bogged down on the road.

it was still a blast, and i enjoyed playing with everyone there.

i still remember forming up behind the Humvee and looking behind me to see about 50 guys from the tan team following suite.

And then there was the second push on the green team on the last day that got our foot in the door in Coleville, that was also quite epic watching the green team push into the building to the north of the church after we had wiped out the tan defenders.

everyone on both teams all did their jobs very well and i enjoyed playing with so many highly skilled individuals.

Yes, it was the one you were thinking of. We were Tan rolling up the left side to Coleville. Someone (not in the rush) shouted to watch our LEFT side, so naturally guys shifted left.. only to get owned by guys on the right. I think the Tan player meant "right" as our left were nothing but friendlies. Thanks for helping us out either way.

And yeah, near the end of the game Sunday you guys were Green, a bunch of green guys were on the passenger side of the humvee, our saw gunner saw the clump of guys and rained down about 600 rounds walking them in.. he caught all of them off guard and they stepped away from the vehicle after calling their hits. It was sweet sweet revenge.

Yes, it was the one you were thinking of. We were Tan rolling up the left side to Coleville. Someone (not in the rush) shouted to watch our LEFT side, so naturally guys shifted left.. only to get owned by guys on the right. I think the Tan player meant "right" as our left were nothing but friendlies. Thanks for helping us out either way.

And yeah, near the end of the game Sunday you guys were Green, a bunch of green guys were on the passenger side of the humvee, our saw gunner saw the clump of guys and rained down about 600 rounds walking them in.. he caught all of them off guard and they stepped away from the vehicle after calling their hits. It was sweet sweet revenge.

sounds like a good time, if only the time i spent on the ground was that easy. The only firefight i got in was the hardest of my life. I had to kill a dozen guys to move ten feet only to get pinned down again. over about a half hour i had managed to move about 100 yards up to the intersection to the south of coleville (i was on tan team at the time) having been medic'ed once already only to get pinned down one final time at the "twin towers" - as i heard them called - and get hit again at which point i was out of the fight. that was a pretty good fight (don't even know how many kills i got, wasn't counting) and it was some good old fashioned fun going squad on squad, man on man against some good players. if only i got a chance to take out a whole squad with one pull of the trigger... <_<

seriously guys if you have any pics of it send them to me, i havent found any pics of it anywhere and that is hard to believe... <_<

my email is TRW0399@gmail.com

Theres a great moment of the 42nd running like hell from you, and you drove one of our guys into a ridiculous rage, both should be on video. Patience....Patience,,,

Doc, you should have said something and we'd have given them a speeding ticket (we had them handy just in case) As it stands I rarely saw the humvee while it was moving.

The HMMV did need to slow their speed at times.

thats true, we found out on the second day that the speedometer shows 5-8 mph slower than the vehicle is actually going.

i have no idea why that is, but i will definitely look into it.

Theres a great moment of the 42nd running like hell from you, and you drove one of our guys into a ridiculous rage, both should be on video. Patience....Patience,,,

sounds like a funny vid, you gotta send that to me when its done

thats true, we found out on the second day that the speedometer shows 5-8 mph slower than the vehicle is actually going.

i have no idea why that is, but i will definitely look into it.

Go and sin no more, my son. You are forgiven. :)

Go and sin no more, my son. You are forgiven. :)

thank you

i will definitely talk to any of the drivers who intentionally violated the speed limit as i heard did in fact happen during one of the gun runs.

i will make sure that everyone understands the speed limit and all rules regarding the vehicle, but i think more often than not we were going more like 20-25 which looks considerably faster than 15 (probably because it is :P ) because of the malfunctioning speedometer, and so were flagged for that quite justifiably.

regardless, i will make sure everything gets sorted out.

so.......

still wondering if anybodies got pic's of the humvee or even better, videos...