4 replies to this topic

kdot

kdot

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hey everybody.

My name's Kendrick coming by way of Houston, TX.

Any locals in or around my area let me know perhaps we can car pool to some future milsims. 

Looking at possibly attending Ironclad if I can find somebody to car pool with, but I'm 100% going to the next reindeer games in Fort Hood for sure once that's announced. 

Fyre Koiss

Fyre Koiss

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Arkansas here. 2 hours south of Little Rock. Unfortunately the forums are pretty dead so dunno how much of a response you will get. Welcome anyway though. Will you be playing for UFS or CoST/PSA, or are you undecided? My buddy and I here play for CoST/PSA. Just got finished attending Copperhead with him. It was his first, but he enjoyed it despite the long drive and really tough AO. We will no doubt be attending some of the closer ones in the future, though I doubt we will go back to Copperhead.

kdot

kdot

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hey Frye!  Any milsims in the near future I'd be coming as UFS for sure. 

Did you enjoy copperhead? That's the AO that caught my eye the most, but it's reallly far out and I couldn't make it this time around, but Ironclad and Reindeer Games I'm strongly considering.  I'm confident I have just about anything I'd need besides a solid radio set up which I'll work on the next few wks.

Fyre Koiss

Fyre Koiss

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I enjoyed it, but we won't be making the trip again. It's.... a very rough AO and a 18 hour drive for us. Not worth it in my opinion. If I had a kit built specifically for that kind of AO I might consider flying out, but as it stands it was just a bit too much for me. Basically its a bunch of buildings roughly 60 to 80 ft apart with absolutely no cover. Dead sprinting through enemy fire to move from building to building turns into a pretty much constant house crawl. Not my style really. Was still a blast though, probably because I just love the sport so much. I had to leave early due to a back injury though (my own dumb fault) so I didn't get to play into the second day. 

Honestly if it was closer to me, I would go again. The drive was the main factor in me not wanting to return.

TheJP

TheJP

AMS MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 3,399 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, OK

Hey everybody.

My name's Kendrick coming by way of Houston, TX.

Any locals in or around my area let me know perhaps we can car pool to some future milsims. 

Looking at possibly attending Ironclad if I can find somebody to car pool with, but I'm 100% going to the next reindeer games in Fort Hood for sure once that's announced. 

Welcome to the AMS community!

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
THEJP
Facebook.com/THEJPAMS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users