Recent Topics
Recent Facebook Activity
Upcoming Calendar Events
There are no forthcoming calendar events
Recent Status Updates
  • Photo
      15 Oct
    Mia Doll

If you really want to wear traditional dresses, just start to wear kilts. It’s the heritage of Scotland and resemblance of Scottish culture

View All Updates
November 2018
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30

Next Previous
Photo

New TAGinn Velum (40mm launcher smoke grenade)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Airsoft_Geek

Airsoft_Geek

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Will Velum (the new TAGinn grenade-launcher-fired smoke round) be allowed? If so, will it count towards the 12-round limit for HWS players, or will it be like hand-thrown grenades where only lethals are limited and smoke isn't?

I'm by no means an expert, but I would personally think the Velum is HIGHLY UNSAFE - even "cold burning" smoke grenades often start fires if they land in a pile of dry leaves or something. The fires are usually seen by the players and stomped out quickly. But with the Velum, which is supposedly able to travel well over 100 feet, you will not be able to see how dry things are where it lands, and by the time someone sees a fire it's probably too big to put out

TheJP

TheJP

AMS MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 3,430 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, OK

Will Velum (the new TAGinn grenade-launcher-fired smoke round) be allowed? If so, will it count towards the 12-round limit for HWS players, or will it be like hand-thrown grenades where only lethals are limited and smoke isn't?

I'm by no means an expert, but I would personally think the Velum is HIGHLY UNSAFE - even "cold burning" smoke grenades often start fires if they land in a pile of dry leaves or something. The fires are usually seen by the players and stomped out quickly. But with the Velum, which is supposedly able to travel well over 100 feet, you will not be able to see how dry things are where it lands, and by the time someone sees a fire it's probably too big to put out

No, we do not allow weapons fired smoke because of safety and fire concerns. 

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
THEJP
Facebook.com/THEJPAMS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users