American MilSim
Sign in to follow this  
nemath12

Gear Questions

...the rules go over all of this perfectly. Please refer to the rules before asking.

You are responsible for your own ammo. It must be BIO-BBs, even though the venue's rules do not enforce BIO. (see AMMO RESTRICTIONS and GENERAL REGULATIONS- A)

Headgear that is similar to the base color for the team is fine (tan will work for UFS) (see UNIFORMS- D)

Go to a shop and get your gun measured. You can not be over 400fps with .20g bbs if you signed up as a rifleman (you would be considered a DMR). (see ASSAULT WEAPONS/RIFLEMAN- C)

Please make sure that you read the rules multiple times before you show up for the event. It would be a shame to show up, not know the rules, and get in trouble or not be able to play because of them.

Thanks, and sorry, you’re right I should’ve read the rules. My only problem is that I don’t have a shop I can go to. Airsoft isn’t to popular here where I live. Any other ways I could figure it out? Thanks!

Howdy y'all,

There are a few things to consider:

1- As your rile is an M4, you can't use it as a DMR at American Milsim events. That would be reserved for rifles that in the real steel world are chambered in .308. See the rules.

2- You could order your own chronograph:

I have this one and it works great:  https://www.evike.com/products/30446/

This one is similar but less expensive:  https://www.evike.com/products/60352/

3- Nearly every gun I have ordered from Evike is well below the stated speed. I had to put in a new spring and piston and motor and barrel to get up to the speed they claimed I should have started with on a G&G. Now it sits at 399 FPS. Right where I want it. It started at 340 when they said it should be at 400 with .20 BBs.  Taking a chance on this one though.

4- The chrono they use can be off a bit, so being right at the edge may be taking a chance.

Black Ops is my home field, so we are eagerly awaiting this event!!

The Old Guy

Thanks, and sorry, you’re right I should’ve read the rules. My only problem is that I don’t have a shop I can go to. Airsoft isn’t to popular here where I live. Any other ways I could figure it out? Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply. I'm not in the habit of checking these forms. Run a few rounds through your gun. This will get the spring down and weaker, closer to what it is advertised for. Then, unfortunately, if you don't have a shop around you, you'll have to wait for chrono at the event to see if you are shooting under. If you are shooting over, you'll have to track down a tech and a new spring. If you find me, I will be willing to lend/sell you a weaker spring. I'll be on UFS and we can work out the details of getting that to you. I'm not experienced with CYMA gearboxes so I'd then recommend finding a tech that would be willing to crack open your gun and put the spring in for free/a few bucks. 

Show up early to chrono so you have the time to see if anyone can put in the spring for you and so you don't miss any playtime. 

Thank you all for the help! I ended up getting a chrono and it checks out as of right now . I was wondering if anyone would know, if I were to side with COST or UFS in a future OP, would AK-47’s be allowed? If anyone happens to know, I’d appreciate it! Thank you all again for being such a good community of people!

Thank you all for the help! I ended up getting a chrono and it checks out as of right now . I was wondering if anyone would know, if I were to side with COST or UFS in a future OP, would AK-47’s be allowed? If anyone happens to know, I’d appreciate it! Thank you all again for being such a good community of people!

Gun choice does not matter for factions! However, that would be kind of cool to implement  <_>