3 replies to this topic

Callsign-Hammer

Callsign-Hammer

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Ga
My Baofeng's had a weird problem for a few months now. The buttons on the side (ptt button, flashlight button, etc.) work fine, but none of the buttons on the front face of the radio seem to function as intended. I would just assume the buttons were broken or there was some sort of wiring error, but the funny thing is that I still get a beep anytime I press any of these buttons, IE it acknowledges the buttons were pressed, they just don't actually do anything. This, of course, is problematic seeing as I cannot change frequency or access the settings menu. Anyone able to help me out? Is there a fix? Or should I invest in a new Baofeng?

Mica O'Neal
Callsign- "Corsac"
Weapon of Choice- KWA CQR Mod-1

"The most important thing in the Olympics is not to win, but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well" -Pierre de Coubertin, founder of the Olympic Games

TheJP

TheJP

AMS MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 3,399 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, OK

My Baofeng's had a weird problem for a few months now. The buttons on the side (ptt button, flashlight button, etc.) work fine, but none of the buttons on the front face of the radio seem to function as intended. I would just assume the buttons were broken or there was some sort of wiring error, but the funny thing is that I still get a beep anytime I press any of these buttons, IE it acknowledges the buttons were pressed, they just don't actually do anything. This, of course, is problematic seeing as I cannot change frequency or access the settings menu. Anyone able to help me out? Is there a fix? Or should I invest in a new Baofeng?

Did you lock the keypad by accident?

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
THEJP
Facebook.com/THEJPAMS

Callsign-Hammer

Callsign-Hammer

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Ga

Did you lock the keypad by accident?

Sounds about right. I'm super non-fluent in radios. How do I undo that?

Mica O'Neal
Callsign- "Corsac"
Weapon of Choice- KWA CQR Mod-1

"The most important thing in the Olympics is not to win, but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well" -Pierre de Coubertin, founder of the Olympic Games

KsWrench

KsWrench

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Hold down the unlock button.
Should be the bottom right.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users