American MilSim
Chapstick

OP: Broken Home AAR

Seriously...

Why on gods green earth does it matter.

Did you win? Did your unit do well? Were YOU and YOUR guys successful? If you were, what does it matter if some goals were not met by others?

Did you lose? Were you one of the idiots that walked onto the field with no water? Did you not call hits? Did you fail as a leader? Were your guys a bunch of dill holes who couldn't defend the fortress of Eban Emael from a troop of girl scouts? If so, what does it matter if the rest of your team succeeded in spite of your inadequacies.

Civil War = bad... Trust me, I know this. There is a ruined farm on the Zambiezi escarpment ringed with unmarked graves that reminds me of this more often than I care to think.

Winning has never mattered to me. I get an objective and we complete it or we don't. It's all about the experience. Getting in, getting the intel and then we RTB without making contact. That's what it's about.

Competition breeds cheating, hit shruggers and KDR counters. MILSIM is about the experience.

That's my .2 grams.

Winning is when you have so much fun you have got to come back for more.

I will be posting a AAR but for now I'm just looking at what most people are saying. As one of the MOD's that was not in bedded with any team. We worked hard to keep the action going. But for now I'm just reading. In my mind we all won.

Air assault behind enemy lines with joint QRF and Marine squad - Check

Penetrate COST lines and slip by a squad of infantry watching the flank - Check

Assault the airfield and eliminate COST leadership elements - Check

Held the objective for as long as possible before being overrun - Check

Had a helluva fun time doing it - Double Check

Yup, we're "winning" ;)

Charlie-Sheen-Winning-Duh1.jpg

And Chappy, if you want your Kill Bracelet back, you'll have to come get it from us next year!

th_2012-06-03_01-23-30_821.jpg

We met up with a four man UFS Marine element

That would be the Knights Applications Group. It was a pleasure running with you guys. This is the full video from infil until we got overrun.

[media=]

[/media]

[/color]

We found out they were the TFX pea grenades, and not someone being a jackass. Probably will not allow these next year because of the fire hazard.

Scroll to 7:35. One of those pea grenades lands in my lap. Thankfully I got rid of it in time, but it did burn a hole through my glove when I grabbed it.

[media=]

[/media]

Re: TSFX Pea Grenades

We ran through a little over 300 of those over the course of East Wind and didn’t have any fire issues. I think that these things are not nearly as bad as the smokes when it comes to catching stuff alight.

Additionally, they are all manner of effective for exactly what grenades are supposed to do, provide shock and suppressive effects on an assault.

You can:

3… 2… 1… Run in the door! And get shot by the kid hiding in the corner…..

Or you can:

Frag in, kabook, run in and shoot whomsoever is sitting there with a perplexed look on their face.

Guess which one works better.

These little devils add a lot to the overall atmosphere and do a great deal of level the playing field with regards to the defender always having the advantage.

Also, Dewayne is working on getting distribution rights to them here in the states so they may become MUCH more plentiful in years to come.

Embrace the pea grenades, they are GREAT.

Re: TSFX Pea Grenades

We ran through a little over 300 of those over the course of East Wind and didn’t have any fire issues. I think that these things are not nearly as bad as the smokes when it comes to catching stuff alight.

Additionally, they are all manner of effective for exactly what grenades are supposed to do, provide shock and suppressive effects on an assault.

You can:

3… 2… 1… Run in the door! And get shot by the kid hiding in the corner…..

Or you can:

Frag in, kabook, run in and shoot whomsoever is sitting there with a perplexed look on their face.

Guess which one works better.

These little devils add a lot to the overall atmosphere and do a great deal of level the playing field with regards to the defender always having the advantage.

Also, Dewayne is working on getting distribution rights to them here in the states so they may become MUCH more plentiful in years to come.

Embrace the pea grenades, they are GREAT.

Yeap, the Pea Grenades are awesome. I allow them at the LZ and we usually have them in stock at Impact Tactical Airsoft. Yes they do get a little hot on the end, but have never caught fire at my field. However, I can say the so called "cold burning smoke" has. TSFX has a fairly new grenade out that actually looks like a US grenade but ATF is being pricks on allowing them in the US.

I'm with you Swayze, can't beet them. You don't have to run around to find your core to the thunder b or run around to find your tornado, just pull the pin, throw and forget about picking it up.

Thunder B and Tornados are not even close, once you’ve used pea grenades you’ll see what I mean, completely different critter.

I have had pea grenades go off very close to me plenty of times, not that big of a deal. In fact I had one land and detonate not more than a foot from my face during an ambush once, I’d take one to the lap before I volunteered for that one again but even then it wasn’t nearly as bad as being shot in the face with an AEG. As far as burning gloves goes, I recommend batting the things away rather than grabbing it anyhow, goes the same for a Thunder B or anything else that goes boom.

As an aside, I have seen people injured by Thunder B grenades, I have not seen anyone much more than bothered by the Pea Grenades. Keep in mind here that I have also seen about 40 pea grenades go off for every Thunder B.

Eastwind this past March. Night firefight, very violent and very quick. I get hosed by one of my own guys so I "die" in place as per the rules of that game. Pea grenade was thrown and landed between my legs, maybe 6 inches from my crotch. Before I can react It went off. It wasn't too bad as far as pain goes, however the light and noise adds a lot, especially to night games. I have personally seen maybe 4 dozen of the things used at DDAP without a single fire started.

I'm certain that they can be safely worked into this game too, despite the size.

That's a shame, I reported the kill to Frosty, Twitch, and Top...

There was also an admin right there talking to the XO as we took him out.

There is video evidence on the KAG video above, skip ahead to 40:31 and you'll see is charge ahead and you'll get a quick glimpse of the COST XO speaking with the admin and one of his squad leaders with a death rag on his head after our assault.

That's a shame, I reported the kill to Frosty, Twitch, and Top...

There was also an admin right there talking to the XO as we took him out.

There is video evidence on the KAG video above, skip ahead to 40:31 and you'll see is charge ahead and you'll get a quick glimpse of the COST XO speaking with the admin and one of his squad leaders with a death rag on his head after our assault.

AAR amended.

Scroll to 7:35. One of those pea grenades lands in my lap. Thankfully I got rid of it in time, but it did burn a hole through my glove when I grabbed it.

TFX pea grenade: $10

Replacement gloves: $30-50

Trip to Broken Home: $150

Look on UFS player's face when grenade hits him in the crotch: Priceless

Seriously though, i agree with aswayze. The pea grenades add a lot of atmosphere. And I've never seen one of those start a fire, but I've seen several fires started by cold-burning smoke. Plus, I'd rather take a hit from one of those then a Tornado. Can you imagine if someone would've lobbed a Tornado instead of a pea grenade? Umm... Ouch. Even underhand, that would HURT.

TFX pea grenade: $10

Replacement gloves: $30-50

Trip to Broken Home: $150

Look on UFS player's face when grenade hits him in the crotch: Priceless

Seriously though, i agree with aswayze. The pea grenades add a lot of atmosphere. And I've never seen one of those start a fire, but I've seen several fires started by cold-burning smoke. Plus, I'd rather take a hit from one of those then a Tornado. Can you imagine if someone would've lobbed a Tornado instead of a pea grenade? Umm... Ouch. Even underhand, that would HURT.

You would have seen my OH SH*T face!

Guys!

Again... I am so overwhelmed with all the stories, thoughts and advice here! We cannot begin to tell you how much we appreciate your time and effort to help us improve in every aspect because we know we always can.

We know that at the end of the day this event and the ones to come are for you guys! Of course we know it is hard to do it alllll right but all of your input surely helps us get closer.

Man... the stories..the events etc. I love it!

Thanks again and keep em coming!

That's a pretty good point as well, you can really fling the crap out of a pea grenade and not have to worry about beaning someone and causing an injury. They weigh about the same as a racket ball and really are not very "hard" so even a full force hit from a semi-pro baseball pitcher is not going to do much. A full blown overhanded pitch from a tornado would be another matter entirely.

Well I'm a little late in my AAR. But, I'll keep it short.

First off, I wanna say thanks to all the American MilSim Staff for giving us a badass OP, and the field guys over at D-Day Adventure Park for a kick ass field to play at.

As we all know, the OP had its up and downs. I'm not gonna repeat anything that has already been said. The guys who posted previously has mentioned some good stuff, so I don't feel the need to beat the dead horse. We all know that no matter how much planning and help that goes into an OP, it will never be perfect. But, I like it. Real world combat isn't perfect, so I like the aspect of things not going according to plan. Being the UFS XO, I did know a little bit more behind the scenes action than most. But I was very happy how things were prepared.

But one thing I will say, and I hope it wasn't mentioned, least I don't think. Admins.. GET OUT OF THE WAY!!! I know that there were some taking pictures, KDog was doing good. Hell, Frosty was speedin' all around taking videos with his phone. But the other Admins that were casually walking through our lines of fire, move a bit faster. I missed a lot of kill opportunities cause the Admins were in the way. That's really the only problem I had. Other than that, I had an outstanding time. I met some awesome people. I didn't meet much green people, but I'm sure you guys are good people too.

One other thing, The Sunday Raffle. I know there were a lot of people. Next time, lets try to do it in the shade.

But, I had a great time. My Dragons had an outstanding job and preformed magnificently. I was very proud to be apart of this OP, and I'm already looking forward to next year!

Great job American MilSim! *Que kick ass guitar solo*

Speaking of that, when are those videos coming out Frosty?

My wife has a great picture of you'r "Dragon". She was recalling the conversation she had with you and said something along the lines of "I like your dinosaur" and you reply "It's not a dinosaur, it's a Dragon." That story cracks me up... pure awesomeness... see you at Helium 2 RaptorKat!

Two requests;

First - would it be possible to get written orders for the start of the next op to avoid the confusion we had in the SME valley?

Second - Being that the killing of the CoST XO is in the official AAR, would it be possible to get the dispatching of Top twice over added as well? I do not know what photos there are if any but I can point someone to details of both kills if desired.

Thanks again to all who helped and played!