American MilSim
Chapstick

OP: Broken Home AAR

hey, Gustav, i just want to say, if anyone shooting had know it was a real life emergency, they wouldn't have been shooting. honestly, though, the only things i wasn't shooting at in the air was dead rags and tan. if it looked like it was a bunch of guys huddled around cover, or a building, it looks like a juicy opportunity. if something's going on that you are taking yourself out of play, for whatever reason, you should pull your dead rag regardless. sorry that happened, though bro.

I would like to request an admin or some kind of safeguard in the chopper during gun runs. The people saving my ass in a real emergency were getting pelted by somebody in the air.

The crew chief (the guy that loaded you in and out - who sat in the co-pilot seat) was an AMS admin, he did have comms w/ AMS ground staff but that kinda of radio relay in real time is nearly impossible even in the "military".

hey, Gustav, i just want to say, if anyone shooting had know it was a real life emergency, they wouldn't have been shooting. honestly, though, the only things i wasn't shooting at in the air was dead rags and tan. if it looked like it was a bunch of guys huddled around cover, or a building, it looks like a juicy opportunity. if something's going on that you are taking yourself out of play, for whatever reason, you should pull your dead rag regardless. sorry that happened, though bro.

The dead rag thing is a very good point. My hand was busy applying pressure, and whoever was applying first aid at the time is obviously busy, but the gathering crowd should be putting red rags on. This is something that would never occur to me though as a player, perhaps add this to the safety briefing?

The crew chief (the guy that loaded you in and out - who sat in the co-pilot seat) was an AMS admin, he did have comms w/ AMS ground staff but that kinda of radio relay in real time is nearly impossible even in the "military".

Understandable, I'm trying to think of anything that could be changed to help the next guy in my situation, but obviously certain things can't be helped.

Well guys that was a fantastic time. I may post a more detailed summary, but in short.

Props:

admins did a great job of being where they were needed

Vehicles never felt unsafe and really enhanced gameplay

MED rules were followed well

Hit calling never became so much of an issue or so lopsided that it became unfun- that goes back to the ever helpful admins

I loved that we always had at least an idea about what our larger goals were.

Players were very courteous

Water was plentiful

A FREAKING HELICOPTER

Cons:

Dead people not doing what they were supposed to do, by this I mean that many people would get hit and STAND in lines of fire, or worse walk around or to their medic- 5 minute bleed out should mean just that, sit your ass down and bleed.

Self medic-ing- seriously? I saw multiple people wrap bandages around their own wrist

I realize that these things were covered, and that this is player abuse admins can't help, but for the intellectually lacking among us maybe a tutorial on exactly what to do from time hit to respawn on stage would be good.

People not calling hits- it is what it is, admins tried their best and so I'm not gonna complain.

Now- what happened at coleville near endex on day 1? All I know is that two deuces of green, under the impression game was off, left right as tan made their push and that felt wrong.

Also, people were respawning at places that weren't mashes- that was lame

Finally, I realize shit happens, but we really need hard start/end times at games like this, early Endexes are a bummer when combined with late starts.

Final suggestion- lets have a big hullabaloo at the end where you give us a quick rundown of the action and WHO WON... Cause that seems to still be kind of a source of confusion and would be a lot of fun.

To finish, I just want to say thank you for a fantastic time, if you were an admin I made an effort to try and shake your hand, because as I sincerely told JP- this was the best damn OP I have ever been to. It never got boring, stale, or became a giant backyard game. I have never had so much fun at an airsoft game in my life, and I can't wait for future ops.

CTAC AAR:

As I've been told I talk WAY too much, I'm going to try to keep this as short as possible.

Saturday. Team was prepped and ready to go at 0730. Ate breakfast, and headed over to brief. We loaded up quickly, to try and get ready to rush our way through the airport. Apparently, in our haste, we managed to blast in front of all the Green team as well, and were forced to wait for ~45 minutes at the turn off in front of the Red Jeep entrance. While we are waiting for game on, we have a 5 player unit acting as a personal protection unit for Top, we all know how he likes to lead with his chin from the front.

At that point, Frosty then pulled us back to Caen to join the UFS Army on their push into Caen. We talked to Jazzman, got our advance from Top to push through Coleville to Pegasus bridge, and then it was game on. We pushed into Caen hard, with our EoD grabbing what he found out to be REAL concertina wire ("that stuff is sharp yo") and cleared the road. We looped around the right flank, and pushed straight through Caen, taking out the technical we saw with an immediate rocket.

We then tried pushing into Pegasus bridge, got our foothold set on it, and then discovered a whole pot full of green. We fought as hard as we could, but with the distance to our Mash, we were unable to sustain the push. At that point, we pulled back to regroup, and lo and behold, the tan mechanized dragon (with a mini-gun) came strolling down the road. CTAC took a defensive position, firing on the gunner, but our Techinicals were stuck a road over with no means to take a rocket shot.

Chicken, one of our SAW gunners, laid low, and was missed by the hummer, waited for the hummer to completely pass him by, and then jumped up and sprinted to the back, finger rolling a Thunder-B into the gunner compartment. Pop, and we all started cheering. The gunner went down, and another then came up and acted like he was going to just continue to move and shoot, Chicken grabbed another Thunder-B, pulled the pin, tapped the window to show the driver, who just kinda shrugged at him, and dropped the 2nd grenade into the vehicle, completely ensuring vehicle death, and I think a slight hearing condition for those in the vehicle for a few hours.

We were then pulled from the Caen theatre by Frosty, to go back to St ME to support the Marines push. We arrive, and poof, our Bronco technical dies, taking it and it's fun firepower out of the fight. The Burb supports the marines, inserting a team of 6 up to the church, while the rest of the team tries valiantly to assist the push through the embedded green troops (damn good positions guys). We make several pushes, taking 1 of the rocket launchers on foot to enable some mortar fire on the green units. At this point, the team is close to having pushed beyond their limits, we pull out, and hit lunch, reload, and hydration at camp, as well as a brief "wtf are we doing, lets get this together" session among the team. As we're withdrawing we see the Marine platoon hitting shade, hydrating, and regrouping themselves, was damn hot and a damned good fight in that valley.

All I'm going to say about lunch is, having a member's wife cater for you is AWESOME!!!!!

Post Lunch!

Frosty asked us to serve as OPFOR for the M7 and Mako wounded rescue operation. I don't want to give away too much on that, the videos coming should be fairly epic.

We had a 5 person team get bad intel as to the CTAC position, leading them to believe that we had pushed into the Church at Coleville. They walked into a bad spot, got lit up, and fortunately, found a chink in the Green defense. We rallied everyone together and came up with a plan of attack to gain Tan a foothold into what we knew to be the Green main base, the Church. Contacted Jazz, told him to pass to Top that we were going off mission for awhile, and when we came back online, we'd have a papal surprise for him. We loaded the 2 techinicals up with 10 guys, loaded for bear, and then went back to St ME, to take the back road into the church. The rest of our 20 guys went on foot to ridge, to coordinate a 2 pronged attack on the church. First attempt, comms went down, and so did we. We ran into JP, and setup a "retirement" plan for some $ if we would A, continue the attack on the church, and B, take the church, with an option for if Tan was able to take the entire town of Coleville, fat dough to follow. After failing the first time, we looped all the way back through town to the Tan FOB, to discover our fellow CO brethren Civilians with the hummer, were now supporting Tan due to some misunderstanding over a cow and goat I think.

We send the hummer up the hill first, drawing fire going west, then blaze in with our two vehicles, shooting rockets like a 4th of July festival (total artillery expended on this attack, 60 rounds). We encounter a green technical, and lose 2 guys within the first minute of fighting. But we keep shelling the crap out of the church, as the rest of our team, and some additional tan units come charging up the hill into Coleville like the neanderthal vikings we love to be. 30 rounds later, the church is Tans, Green's Mash is contested, and the great Saturday cleaning of Coleville commences. I walk through the middle of the firefight over the remaining buildings in Coleville (swear green didn't want to leave) to collect our "reward" from JP. And shortly after EndEx is called.

The plan to use the back jeep trails to infiltrate Coleville, from our perspective, split green's forces, allowing tan to pivot into the west side, and push through town. We all get back to camp, and after all the problems with the learning curves we had on how to use our vehicles effectively in the morning, we find a perfect balance of how to use them, and what to use them for.

The most effective thing discovered on the assault, was using our artillery from both moving vehicles to shell the town, shoot and scoot style

<Sunday to follow>

HOD, its nice to hear the tan side of the Battle for East Ridge... from our point of view it was just wave after wave of tan slamming our meager couple of squads (Oklahoma Regulators and D9). You guys hit us hard, and made us earn every inch of ground there. I have to ask what happened to your flanking elements (primarily the Marines I believe), it was almost as if they burned themselves out climbing the hill and were very hesitant to engage in the rolling battle we set up for them along both ridges.

Still working on full AAR, but I really just wanted to go ahead and say I think the medic rules overall need to be simpler. When you have 600+ people, you gotta keep things simple. I say keep it where there's only one medic per squad, but not limit the amount they can heal. If we limit how many they can heal, they're more likely to use those heals one their squad alone. Also, squad respawning just fell apart from my point of view. Not everyone in every squad was playing at the same time, everybody took breaks at different times. I say keep it simple with some old school rope rules. Everyone has some 550 cord on their gear with three knots in it. When they're hit, the medic unties and reties all three knots and then they're back in. I've played several games like that and it's always worked great. Less misunderstand and cheating when rules are very simple.

1st The AO best I have been to in my airsoft career. It had a mix of woodland and urban fighting. I WILL be back to d-day park.

2nd AMS Great job. This was my 1st time at an event held by AMS and I was not disappointed.

Pros:

1. I loved the AO. It made all the players use all thier skills.

2. The Squad based respawn was great. it kept my squads rested and togeather.

3. The Staff at D-Day park made the trip worth the 9hr drive.

4. Sportsmanship was the key to my enjoyment of the games. yes we all had our issues but not enough to take away from my enjoyment.

5. Copter. Thats it

6. APC Thats it

7. Hum-V Thats it

8. Safety brief every hr on fri.

Cons:

1. Water. It was there but not all day where it was needed. Admins running around geting the bottles and gallons to players took them out of the game when needed.

2. Admins needed around the MASH units and in important spots where flipping flags were key.

3. I would have like to have seen more Civis and/or interaction with them. Roleplayers make the MILSIM games what they are. IMO

4. Late starts. Hurry up and wait was the main theme of the weekend.

5. The use of QRF. I seen squads of mine used for missions that the QRF should have been doing. I thought as ARMY we Attacked and the QRF Flanked and did side missions.

6. Would it be a posability to get a SAND Table of the AO? That would help in all aspects of the games played there and would had to the command briefings.

7. Set times for command to talk to the ldrs. A talk with our Command on a tailgate with a little map was nice but int eh safety building would have worked better.

that is the short of it. I really had a GREAT time and will be back fo the next d-day park event or even the next AMS event.

Final suggestion- lets have a big hullabaloo at the end where you give us a quick rundown of the action and WHO WON... Cause that seems to still be kind of a source of confusion and would be a lot of fun.

WE did, homie!! THEY were invading OUR land. We kept them from taking it, so they did not succeed, meaning THEY LOST. So if they lost, then WE won!

Now to head on into other states to help THEM secede as well! B)

I don’t know how many of you have lived through a real civil war…

I have.

Nobody wins in a civil war, there are just degrees to which one loses.

I would say that overall, the greenies were more successful this year but I would hesitate to say that they or really any one side “Wonâ€

I say this partially for the fact that a civil war is always a bad thing and partially because this is an airsoft event and to a large degree, declaring a winner or a loser sort of degrades the experience of the players. Each of you, as individuals should be looking at yourselves and your units specific performance and deciding if you were able to complete the missions assigned to you and if so, YOU won. If not, then figure out how you could have succeeded and make sure that you are ready and prepared to succeed next time and you have STILL WON. Make excuses, take no corrective actions, place blame upon others and YOU LOSE.

I agree with you 100% Swayze. Glad everyone had a good time and I know the AMS crew has looked at all of the pros and cons and will be tweaking things for the next OP.

I would like to make a suggestion, in light of real emergency issues as Gust had. The Arkansas Outlaws carry two rags. One is red (DEAD RAG) the other is blue (ADMIN RAG). If there is an issue on the field that needs ADMIN presence (ie real emergency, hit calling, etc.), we pull a blue flag. If you're flying in a helicopter, you can clearly see the blue rag on someone's hat, helmet, etc. and can relay that to an Admin on the ground and vice verse. I hope that helps. Heck you can buy two bandanas at Walmart for $1.00.

This was my second large Op, first at DDAY and I loved every minute of it. I'll have a lengthy AAR later, but I just wanted to make the above suggestion.

CHAPPY

CoST XO

Arkansas Airsoft Outlaws, 1st LT

Regulators AAR

P1030166.jpg

The Oklahoma Badland Regulators arrived on Thursday to set up camp and get into the milsim mindset. We worked all day Friday providing deuce tours and a secondary chrono site for those wishing to evade the long lines in town. Friday was supposed to end with a dinner at the D-Day café and some shopping in the store next to it but both were closed when we arrived at 1903hrs so neither took place.

Saturday began at 0530hrs with coffee, a light breakfast and final gear checks. Rally speeches were pleasantly short and we received our orders from Platoon HQ (Rocketman) immediately afterwards. We (Squad 1-1) were to hold Omaha Beach against the UFS Marine Corps as the first unit in a platoon wide defensive perimeter designed to deny them from pushing on Coleville from the north or east. Last year, our squad ambushed the marine platoon west of Colleville and was overrun so this was our chance to provide the same experience to them. Prior to game start there was some confusion as there was a good section of UFS affiliated troops already in the woods in view from our position but they were pushed back by an admin.

Game on was called and we only had to wait a minute or two until we could see a single fire team working their way down the hill into the intersection below our position.

P1030193.jpg

We allowed them to pass by and low and behold here trotted the rest of the Marine platoon into our kill zone. The battle began and the entire marine platoon ground to a halt. I immediately lost count of the number of marines I had killed as myself and the other members of our squad put our interlocking fires to use. My assistant gunner Bug provided a valuable second set of eyes during this process and prevented any UFS marines from gaining any sort of flanking position on our bunker. We lost one member of our squad during this engagement. She is our photographer!

P1030205.jpg

What happened next was a bit disturbing. We were contacted by several MOD operators and told that we were not allowed to engage from the positions that we had taken and had to move back to the top of the ridge bordering Coleville. We took new positions and I attempted to engage the marines still at the bottom of the hill with three bursts. I turned to the sound of voices and saw one of the MOD operators pointing his pistol and yelling at me to stop firing. This was absolutely out of line and uncalled for. He then told our squad that we were only allowed to shoot at the marines if they came up the hill towards Coleville. We were not allowed to shoot at them if they turned up the road towards Utah Beach. I can’t remember any tan units holding their fire for us to pass by them at any time during the entire event so this is a bit confusing and angering.

Our new position was poor, did not allow us to engage with the enemy and was already covered by other green units in Colleville so we moved north up the ridge in hopes of denying the UFS marines any approach up the ridge. We attached to the right flank of one of the D9 (1-2 and 1-3) squads and extended their defensive line up to the top of the ridge and waited.

P1030220.jpg

While we waited we were informed of a heat casualty in the valley and contacted the admins who sent in a medical team. After another wait, the marines made their push up the hill and despite the lack of any trenches or pre-built firing positions we held them back and requested permission to counterattack. Upon receiving permission, we formed up with squads 1-2 and 1-3 and pushed the marines all the way back to their spawn point.

P1030259.jpg

During this battle, someone in our platoon removed Top from the fight but were unable to obtain his kill bracelet.

For some reason, our complete rout of their position warranted a cease fire so that they could pull out en masse. I would have been content to watch them walk off the AO and contemplate their failure as my squad had done numerous times last year. After a quick break, squad 1-1 was ordered back to the top of the ridge to hold down the road that runs from Omaha Beach directly into Colleville. I took a position directly on the side of the road and was sadly forced to dispatch an entire marine squad that decided to advance up the road in a lovely column file. We came under attack from the east and easily beat it back. We then watched the remaining UFS marines pull out of the AO to form up with the UFS army on the south end of the AO.

P1030202.jpg

There would be no two front battle, the marines had failed. It is actually surprising to me as the marines could have attacked at any point in our platoon’s long defensive line which stretched from Omaha to Utah beach. Instead, they took the easy avenues of approach and paid for it dearly.

At this time, a black suburban moved up the road full of UFS allied forces. We did not have any organic heavy weapons and so we moved to envelop them once they stopped on the north outskirt of Coleville. Most of our unit was dispatched at this time but the units occupying Colleville moved up and took out the remaining two occupants of the vehicle.

Our squad then broke for lunch on the north of Colleville and met up with OKCAG (squad 1-5) who had held Utah Beach against an onslaught of sun and nothingness. After a brief relaxation and hydration we received orders stating that it was no longer necessary to defend the Omaha to Utah Beach valley as that avenue of approach had been cut off. Our platoon was moved to defend Coleville against a UFS push from the south and our squad was tasked with guarding the eastern flank.

P1030304.jpg

Upon arrival, it was already heavily guarded so we obtained permission to perform a flanking maneuver of our own. We moved across the valley moving east and moved southeast towards the edge of the AO. We stopped suddenly due to the discovery of UFS forces opposite the ravine from our position. We went to ground and waited despite most of our unit being on a completely barren stretch of hillside. After about 10 minutes, the UFS troops had not spotted us and we decided to take them out and pull back. In the shooting gallery that followed we removed about 10 UFS soldiers from the fight and took no losses. We pulled back north east and dispatched a few UFS stragglers that were attempting to fire on the Coleville defenses from across the valley to the east. We then formed up with the defenders on the Coleville side of the ridge and defended against more UFS moving up the valley from the south. I was hit by a very stealthy operator that used the helicopter to cover the sound of his weapon firing and got off to my left without me even knowing he was there. Props to whoever that was.

As I bled out I watched a mixed group of UFS army and marines move up the hill en masse and take out the rest of our squad that was on the lower half of the hill. I watched good hit calling by all on both sides save for one specific group. There was a tan unit wearing plain tan shirts that were completely bulletproof. It was very clear to me that they were not calling their hits as I was among their ranks at the time. They also were apparently color blind as I observed them shoot long repeated bursts at green players that were clearly displaying dead rags and had been doing so for quite some time. This was quite irritating.

P1030339.jpg

Upon my respawn in Colleville, we had roughly 20 minutes until the game endex and the situation was quite grim. UFS forces had entered the berms on the south end of Colleville, they were moving into positions on the ridge on the east and more troops had attacked from the north, where we were ordered out of after lunch. This was either a miscommunication or a cheap admin twist to enable the UFS troops to encircle us. We were informed by our platoon leader that an admin told him that the UFS would be given an advantage in this battle because they had complained about being beat back during the rest of the day.

P1030357.jpg

I moved into the north end of the mini mall with fellow Regulator BTX and went to work. I dispatched the troops hiding behind a clearly marked admin jeep which was moving in slowly and giving them cover. I suppressed the operators behind vehicles on the north and took out a soldier attempting to fire a rocket into the church 4 times (not sure if he passed the weapon off or what….). I also removed 2-3 squads that attempted to rush from the east ridgeline to my position. Apparenly they forgot they would need cover on their trek and they had simply started running en masse directly at me. I ran down to my last few hundred rounds and was finally shot. I looked at my watch and saw that we had 7 minutes to game endex. I bled out and walked back to the red car to respawn.

P1030348.jpg

Upon my re-entry I moved to the north (new) mini mall and noticed that the entire south mini mall was filled with tan. I learned later that a contractor dressed as a MOD had entered it and safety killed everyone. Why they were allowed to have the same uniform is beyond me. I fired a few bursts and my gun ran away so I fixed it and decided to sit the rest of the game out as my watch showed us as 2-3 minutes after game endex. I sat…and sat some more. At 20 after game endex the tan finally got up to the MASH tent and the game was called. Again, either this was a miscommunication or a cheap trick by the admins. I watched numerous green units walk off the field because there was only a few minutes left according to the clock and we had kept them out of the buildings.

Over the course of the afternoon we suffered two heat casualties and had three other players pull themselves out of the game for the same reason. One of our casualties was transported to the hospital and has now recovered.

P1030138.jpg

I did not fight in the night game. This portion of the AAR is brought to us by Grendel:

Myself, Ghost, Nemesis, Blueknight and Predator participated in the night game. We patroled the west woods near the airport as this would be the safest approach to the Terminal Building which housed some sort of important objective. We ran into one UFS unit that was quickly dispatched by me save for one lone gent who layed low. Eventually he shot me, but with the loss of his comrades he was combat ineffective. I could hear the fighting in Colleville which sounded like a huge cluster of over shooting and such; which is usually the case in the many night operations I have played in. It was fun running with the RRT for that portion.

Sunday morning began the same way as Saturday. Coffee, light breakfast, quick rally, and on into the game. COST started just outside the new building at the airport and UFS started at the berms of Colleville. I do not really understand why everyone started where they did in regards to the storyline but no matter. Squads 1-1 and 1-4 decided to cross the pedestrian bridge on the east side of the airport and enter Colleville from the north. We established the bridgehead and other units followed. Squad 1-1 worked its way around to the northeast side of Colleville where we had fought the day before and encountered a fierce firefight.

P1030286.jpg

I was low crawling to a bunker when 4-6 UFS soldiers crested the slope to my left in a tight formation with no cover. I swung and fired, watching the bbs disappear into them. I was hit, called myself out and held my gun up above my head in case they could not hear me. Alas, they continued to fire. I threw some choice phrases their way and dug my dead rag out. I got up to my knees and immedietly another group of UFS soldiers fired at me. More choice words and I turned my back, held my dead rag to prevent it from falling and kept my gun above my head. I watched my squad leader, Jager get hit by a long stream of rounds, put his dead rag on, and proceeded to be the recipient of repeated long bursts. At this time, there were no live green personnel in the area and the UFS continued to fire at the dead for a solid 2-5 minutes. I turned back around to face them and saw that it was the same unit that we had trouble with the day before (the unit wearing all tan t-shirts). We called for an admin and explained the situation to them, but of course they became perfect hit callers once he arrived.

Back at the respawn there was a steady stream of green arriving from the position we had vacated and each one complained that they tan were not calling their hits. We moved back to the pedestrian bridge and encountered some tan there. We then received orders to pull into Coleville and assist the main effort to take the town. We moved into the north mini mall (new completed structure) and proceeded to suppress and remove the remaining tan in the church and south mini mall. I then moved up to the vehicles in the middle of the town and provided cover for those moving into the south mini mall from there. Once we had enough in the mall, I moved to the south end of the mall and removed all operators from a black truck along with the help of other green soldiers. I then moved up to the large burm south of the mini mall and assisted in troop movement and medevac management from that position. At this time I had the pleasure of fighting alongside of one of the Bad Company (QRF-2) operators (sorry man I forgot your callsign. If you’re reading this pm me and I’ll put you in there). He and his team was on the front line, taking care of business and getting people to move up.

P1030347.jpg

Squad 1-1 was then pulled back to the north mini mall to move out and flank the north and east side of Coleville. We pushed down Omaha Beach and cleared it with no losses and then moved south a position that M7 (SOG) had taken south of the trenches on the east side of Colleville. We were eventually pushed back and respawned in Coleville.

At this time, we moved up to the APC and formulated a battle plan. The wind was against us so the tan outranged us and we were all running low on energy and ammo. A call came for help on the east flank and we moved around the back of the north mini mall and the church to get there. Bug, my assistant gunner and I came across some green that had stopped some police from brining tan soldiers into the church and we assisted them.

Bug and I joined part of our squad, part of the Robinson ReconTeam (Squad 1-4) and part of the Eternal Soldiers (Squad 2-1,2,3) on the north end of the south mini mall and provided a solid wall of plastic for the tan attempting to take the east side of the U. N. compound. I also had the pleasure of removing 3 soldiers from the black suburban from that location. In this battle Bug removed the tan commander from the battle but there seemed to be a misunderstanding of the 5 minute bleed rule that spanned the tan team from the Top down, and again we were unable to obtain his kill bracelet. Just before game endex, Snake Eyes and I took a position on the berm directly east of the mini mall and I was able to remove a full squad from play that apparently forgot that they had flanks.

P1030171.jpg

I don’t know at this time who will be named the victor of this game but I do know this:

1. Platoon one denied the UFS marine corps any chance of making Broken Home a two front battle by taking all of their spawn points and pushing them out of the AO.

2. The admins had to give the UFS an advantage for them to take Coleville on each day.

3. Despite the advantages given to the UFS, CoST troops held the majority of Coleville including the MASH tent at the end of the game.

Praise and recommendations:

1. Holding separate safety briefings was perfect. Please do that again!

2. We understand that everyone wants to have fun. That said, we believe that the admins need to be very careful when they make changes that effect the game flow. If one side is not being successful in their attempts, they need to rethink their approach and adapt/improvise it rather than asking the admins to change the game for them. It is the admin's responsibility to create a fair game; however it is absolutely not their responsibility to ensure any team's success. Doing so is akin to punishing the winning team for doing well.

3. Thank you for the great maps. I hate crappy maps and having it look like a real topo made it even more realistic.

4. Make absolutely sure that units can be clearly identified. There were different units wearing black and tan. This has to end. If we must have a unit that flip flops, make them clearly distinguishable from all other players and admins.

1. Thanks again for all the time you all put into the op. I cant express it properly with words but we are all very appreciative of all the staff and volunteers.

2. Thanks to Dewayne. Without him this would not have happened.

3. Thanks to the tan. To those of you that fought hard and clean I salute you.

4. A Special Thanks to Rocketman for his skillful leadership that allowed all squads in CoST Platoon 1 to excel. We all look forward to your leadership in future operations.

5. Also, Thurgeon, Dude, for anyone to step-up at the last minute and take command of the CoST Army like you did deserves a Huge Thanks! We appreciate your leadership skills and leading us to victory.

6. Without the skill sets each squad in CoST PLT1 have, none of this win would have been as decisive as it was. The inter squad coordination was superlative. All you guys were great to run with. We need to do this again.

Lessons learned:

1. Some of the members in our squad determined to make our kits as light as possible. This was the best possible decision we could have made.

2. Hydration is not just about water. We lost the members that we did because we only hydrated with water. In an extended engagement one must remember to replenish electrolytes. Had we done so, we would all have lasted the entire game. We will be including electrolytes in future hydration plans.

This post has been promoted to an article

Just a note:

Tan contractors at no time changed uniforms. We were in ATACs all day Saturday, only shifting to Tan top ATACs bottoms on Sunday due to the heat (us Colorado folk are used to a high of 15% humiditiy :) )

The Saturday Coleville attack on the St ME front was not admin directed, or notified until our units were already in position on that side. We had a scout unit go through that area and tell us it was clear from Green defense, so we decided on our own to use it to open up a 2nd front for the Coleville fight.

1. Platoon one denied the UFS marine corps any chance of making Broken Home a two front battle by taking all of their spawn points and pushing them out of the AO.

2. The admins had to give the UFS an advantage for them to take Coleville on each day.

3. Despite the advantages given to the UFS, CoST troops held the majority of Coleville including the MASH tent at the end of the game.

First your AAR was bad ass. But the above quote is wrong. We took the MASH. I know I was inside it. As a matter of fact I was shielding a GREEN player while he had a goggle problem. After I bleed out I gave a guy a ride back to camp that hurt his leg.

UFS didn't have an advantage, because colleville had over 200 players inside and respawned inside. I believe it was not possible to take the town. So if that's your basis for winning you won before the game started.

Both sides took and untook alot. Both fought hard. Both had people fall out. Both can come up with points and counter points. I saw people being poopy heads on both side, and I saw people being selfless on both sides.

I truly believe it was so close you couldn't tell. Everyone thinks they won. Where I do not care, that's for the ADMINS to figure out. The game was worth it no matter what. In fact I hope they do not chose a winner.

my input. My AAR to follow.

Just a note:

Tan contractors at no time changed uniforms. We were in ATACs all day Saturday, only shifting to Tan top ATACs bottoms on Sunday due to the heat (us Colorado folk are used to a high of 15% humiditiy :) )

The Saturday Coleville attack on the St ME front was not admin directed, or notified until our units were already in position on that side. We had a scout unit go through that area and tell us it was clear from Green defense, so we decided on our own to use it to open up a 2nd front for the Coleville fight.

I believe DP was talking about MoD vs. the OPFOR gang all being in Black and Tan.

Awesome AAR DP!

Just a note:

I was wondering about that big of confusion. Civ's were sided with the green and on airport def when you pulled up. We all went dry emptying on your advance.

DP is refering to the opening battle we pretty much shut the Marines down and denied them any real foot hold in the valley of death for quite some time before MOD asked us to pull back and not fire down the ridge unless the marines headed up the hilll towards Colleville. Even then the rest of 1st PLT took it to them. The UFS Marines and ATAC's uniformed contractors fought well and fought hard don't take that wrong, we were just dug in well and had good interlocking feilds of fire. The second front would have been the UFS Marines attacking colleville from the north and the reg UFS Army from the south. Either way I had a blast and except for a couple of hit calling issues I saw very honorable play among both sides.

Folks welcome to the conclusion of well-fought battle. This is how it always goes, with each side claiming victory based on certain criteria they felt needed to be met. Per the storyline, however, Coleville was successfully defended and free to join the Coalition... just to stir the pot a little lol. In all seriousness, Tan did an excellent job overrunning Caen and Pegasus Bridge, a solid job keeping pressure on Coleville both days in what was a very see-saw battle, and a not so good job maintining their flanks: we had several small Green elements making deadly sweeps behind your lines on a regular basis, so something to consider for next year... I am sure the Green team will be using this to their advantage given the opportunity again. I do not know who they were, but a five man team of Tan wearing Multicam did a great job moving onto the airfield and securing the main building there on Sunday, and if they had a little support could have done quite a bit of damage to our only spawn point. Props to you guys, wish I knew who you were that was excellent.

The Sunday battle for the Airfield Terminal building was epic. The best battle of the game for me! Bagel, I believe it was elements of the Bluegrass Airsoft Detatchment who heilo inserted then infiltrated into the Airfield. I had contact with JTP709 and he confirmed. They did a great job and put up a great fight as we assaulted them.

I'm somewhat worried about this "Green was pulled back by admin." If it's true, I'm sorry guys. Those "might've beens" will eat at us just as much as you.

Further information is required to settle this, I wait with baited breath for the admin AAR.

Edited by Gustavanator