American MilSim
Chapstick

OP: Broken Home AAR

I spent most of my time trying to play Admin and help out where ever I could to motivate and instigate. I can say though that I have never had as much fun as I did these last few days and I saw some awesome acts of courage and I saw people really take charge from both sides. I even saw some folks get so passionate about the event, they lost themselves in the moment. At the end of the day, it is a game and everyone played it extremely well.

I got to LARP and play a downed MoD in need of rescue and I got my fill of hasty exfils for a whole year. :P I know my sunburn reflects that I had a great time running around being a small cog in the larger machine.

Everyone rest up. Gets your pictures up - get your videos up - and tell us some war stories.

I'll probably add more to this tomorrow, after my brain has had time to recover. I spent half of my delightfully warm shower trying to figure out where to start, so I figure I'll start with what was, hands down, my favorite moment of the weekend. In short, an amazing op.

I ran as a combat controller, so our mission was very open ended. For our first task, a group of us were put up on a ridge to delay the Marines deployment. As luck would have it, my squad was all guys from our team, minus our team lead. Who was the MOD placed with the marines? Our team lead. Naturally, a bet was placed, and the first guy to shoot him was the guy who earned himself a beer after the weekend. As luck would have it, I was the guy who shot him first. Our mission complete, we hiked up the ridge, and entered into Coleville, and met up with green. There wasn't much going on there, so we hung out for a bit, until we got our next orders.

As fortune would have it, we were then ordered to hike back down that hill that we had just climbed up, to meet up with the Marines, and wait for further instruction. Our mission flipped, as we were now to help them push up the hill, and into Coleville. We set up a plan, and rolled up the hill, flanking the green, who had a frickin top notch set up. We managed to drive them out, and awaited the Marines at the top of the hill. At this point, I think CTAC, or somebody else with a vehicle that looked similar to theirs, rolled into Coleville, and popped a few shots our way, which is understandable. We were in black tops and in the woods...I would have done the same. After we established who we were, they started shooting at the green, but were eventually pushed back down the ridge to repair. Green took the momentum, and stormed us MODs that were at the edge line of the woods, and after a solid 15 minute firefight took us out like true bosses.

We took that moment to break for lunch, and finally get some food in us, as most of the guys in my squad hadn't eaten all day.

After lunch we rolled into Coleville, as our mission was now to assist Top and the rest of tan in their push into the city. I don't know how many of us MODs were out there at this point assisting the push, but it seemed like quite a few. Green and tan both put on a hell of a fight! As soon as we would gain some ground, green would push us right on back. Eventually tan started a march forward, and eventually took over nearly all of Colleville! At this point though, I was pretty hot, and hungry, so I threw off my gear and hung out with Tusk and Biglar to watch the rest of the fight. Green definitely wouldn't be put down easily, as they fought hard until the game was called for dinner.

The night game I can't say too much, since I didn't participate in it, other than watching the pyrotechnics, and eventually helping set off flares.

Finally, with a heavy heart, I rolled into Sunday. I knew it was my last day out in this excellent suck, so I was anxious to get out there. I was a tad dehydrated though, so I sat out the first hour, just slugging down water and gatorade. After I took care of that business, I marched myself out to Colleville, to watch/admin/assist with the final fight. All I can say, was that it was a hell of a show. The only shooting I did sunday was the final thirty minutes, where I managed to run into two guys out of my area(North Texas) and asked them if they wanted to do some fun stuff until the game ended. Naturally, they agreed, and we set off into the woods, to try and flank green, and maybe drive them back. The three of us wrecked havoc until that final moment when the game was finished. Proud at the work we did, we set off back towards camp.

All in all, the game was phenomenal. This is the most fun I have had in airsoft/milsim, period. And the fact that I got to run as a MoDCC made it just that much better. I can't wait to see what you guys have cooked up next year.

Also, Tusk is a pretty cool guy, I don't care what anybody else says. :P

I'll post a better AAR once I've had time to put it together but I do want to say thanks to Frosty, JP and all the others that were involved in the planning and running of the event. In my opinion this was the best Memorial Day weekend game yet and I know it will only continue to improve and get smoother.

Thanks guys.

I knew this year would be interesting - it's my new/old team's first major event since the name switch from TFR to Demon Hounds. Our last outing at DDAP was as a marine unit, our mission was to basically be a sledgehammer, and I knew this year would be different since we would work as admins and players.

After the rest of MoD-2 got their assignments, I headed out with the UFS Marines into the St. Mer Eglise area's staging zone. On the way there, two others from my team -Toast and Coonass/Thibideaux rolled past us on the road. That already made my spidey-sense start to tingle. As I waited and talked with the Marines, I saw more and more vehicles move past, full of CoST troops. I was doing a count of the number of UFS Marines and the number of CoST troops. As a marine last year, I'd seen two or three of the squads as part of the UFS guys this year, so I thought they'd be in pretty decent shape, and their PL, Gun, was sharp as a razor last year, too.

But I also knew that the area we would head into would be a deathtrap if we rolled on the road and ONLY on the road. The game kicked off and we rolled into that valley. At first, the resistance wasn't too heavy and the first spawn point was easily taken. After that, it got really nasty. The Marines got clearance to proceed uphill to make use of both sides of the valley, but that whole area was swarming with CoST on both sides and in the gut of the valley. It was messy, but the shocking part is that it took the CoST guys a good chunk of time to push the Marines out. I figured that the situation boiled down to being outnumbered and out-positioned, but with the CoST troops being of either equal or slightly larger strength. I did know for sure that we'd basically been tasked with fighting our way through a valley and up slopes that were a natural fortress.

After losing the SME spawn point, we moved back on that road and I met up with most of the other MoD-2 guys and got tasked with knocking out a set of bunkers just down-hill of Colleville. I talked with the UFS guys in command and hoped that our small, quiet, quick attack on the bunkers would give the UFS the momentum and opening it needed to sweep the slopes near SME.

Toast gave my small group a good route that would mask our movement and put us on the blind flank of the bunkers. We moved in and hit the bunkers and the nearby area, knocking out CoST players in that zone. After that, we were then engaged by a good portion of CoST that were in Colleville itself and thanks to superior numbers, we got pushed out.

I'll cover more in my next post - but the day was already shaping out to be pretty interesting and based on the chatter from players on both sides, the OP itself was looking really good.

Going into this OP I was really curious how things were going to turn out seeing Frost, JP, and Biglar at the helm instead of some of the previous years' OP producers, but I knew I would NOT be disapointed.

Some of Delta 9 showed up at the AO on Thursday to set up camp and such. By Friday when I arrived, my team mates had already been out helping setting up stationary CCP tents on the AO. I arrived soon enough to only lend a hand with one. While we were doing that, Jager, Grendel, and some of the other Regulators were helping with the 'Duce Tours'. So...CoST PLT1, HOOOAAAHH!!!

Delta 9 got up around 6am to start gearing up even though some of us were up past midnight prepping most of our gear. I had a nice MRE breakfast and was goodtogo. Despite having several members on our roster having to skip the OP due to health reasons, we were still in good standings (in my opinion) with about 9 per squad in CoST PLT1 squads 1-2 and 1-3. Pre-game rally happened pretty much right on time unlike most OPs that have it sometimes 30 minutes to occasionally an hour late. Breifing was short, sweet, and to the point due to the genius of doing small safety briefings the previous day every hour. Delta 9 was given orders from Rocketman to head into the 'valley' area by St. Mariaglese (spl?) and dig in to prep for an invasion/ambush. Come to find out USF was invading from several different points and if we failed our mission of holding the USF oppessive war machine back, our bretheren in Colleville would be fighting a battle on two fronts. Not long after game on squad 1-2 heard the faint rumble of the duce's diesel engines tromping down the road towards us. Not long after that we heard shots being fired. Within minutes the USF was upon us with furry. Squad 1-2, who was down in the main valley, bounded back for a tactical retreat and the USF ignorantly and blindly took the bait. While I had to return to camp to retrive a more relible primary weapon, squad 1-2 drew the USF into a meat grinder trap lead by squads 1-1 and 1-3 from either side of the valley. Upon my return squad 1-1 and 1-2 were on the west hillside giving the USF forces a literal kick in the giblets. Also, the USF wasn't paying any attention at all to their rear, where I was. I quickly moved in slaying all USF without red rags out with my trusty AK74U. Eventually it got so close that I drew my 1911 and took out 7-10 more at close range. I was only a few feet away from getting my first axe kill when one of the USF dead shouted 'dude, look out!' and another USF soldier heard it and snapped around with his gun pointing at me, so I just took the safetly kill. That move earned me an 'Outstanding Operator' award. Unfortunately all those cool engraved mags had ran out, so I settled for a comemorative mag and TONS of the special white/silver AMS star patches. Squad 1-2 quickly reacted to my move and swooped in, pushed the USF out, Delt medic-ed me, and we re-captured our forward CCP. USF was then choaked down to their mobile FOB at the mouth of the valley. After seeing what we had just done to them, they tried to do the same to us, but we expected exactly that. Again, squad 1-2 held their ground in the middle while squads 1-1 and 1-3 beat their flanking elements to a pulp. Squad 1-2 started to push up to make an even tighter choke point for the USF while unknowingly some of our OP Bright Rain VI buddies from ARA moved in from the right and obliterated them to where they just plain had to leave the valley and join their other USF bretheren getting pounded around Pegasus Bridge outside of Colleville. Again, PLT1....HOOOAAAAHH!!! We were then ordered to swing into Colleville from the North through the Air Field. Upon arriving in the Air Field, we met up with team Mystery Squad who informed Nasty, Joe, Grim, and myself that we would soon have a special mission with them involving infil/exfil with the helo. Until that time we moved into Coleville. Upon arriving there we were notified that USF was trying to flank from the we slope outside Coleville, so squads 1-2 and 1-3 moved in to put an end to that immediately. Helios, Nasty and myself bounded our 3-man fire team down the slope and to the south meeting up with our buddy Snake (the owner of Impact Tactical airsoft and Snake's LZ). Snake was quick to help point out confirmed enemy positions and movements to us to help us mount a better counter flank. In the end our whole 3 man fire team was eliminated by USF, but we helped thin them out enough to where our fellow CoST team members were able to make quick work of them, so our actions weren't in vain. As Nasty and I returned to Coleville to stand at the CCP after bleeding out, we were instructed to head back to the Air Field for our infil/exfil with Mystery Squad. Unfortunately through a miscommunication, all of Mystery squad was helo-ed out and we were left behind for a fairly long wait. Thankfully CrankySmurf drove by and set our infil/exfil in motion. Nasty and I were the first to be lifted out, but due to Cranky needing a little extra time to set our mission up (again) we got a little extra time in the whirley bird while we were awaiting out drop off. Durring that time I experienced the ride of my life that surpassed ANY roller coaster I've ever been on. That was my first helo ride, and I got to shoot people from out of the doors, what more could you ask for? Upon landing, Nasty and I exited and set up as best a defensive perimeter as we could with only two people with our backs facing one another. As soon as the helo lifted off we waited a little more, then I put my PC back on and we started to head back over to Cranky to get our mission outline. In doing so, I heard fire coming from my 6 and then heard Nasty shout 'HIT HIT HIT!' to which I just ran into the woods not even stopping to look back at what had just taken Nasty out. Knowing that Grim and Joe would be landing soon, I laid in wait in the tree line for any movement from enemy forces. As soon as Joe and Grim were dropped off, they were taken out too. I then tried to make a mad dash for the V2 rocket, but was taken out by yet another USF element. By this time, Cranky informed us all that there was only 15 minutes remaining in the OP until break was called initiating the night game, so we all just hitched a ride with Cranky back to camp. For some reason, however, a lot of our CoST bretheren were getting shipped out of Coleville when USF made a final big push into Coleville. This was either miscommunication or a really cheap ploy by the admins to get the USF any kind of a foot hold into Coleville as they were unable to do it prior.

We all got up early again Sunday and geared up. We again had some members drop out. Grim had taken a nasty spill in Coleville the day before and was complaining of a severely sore and stiffened knee. Jody3 was simply AWOL as he had said he was going to return in the morning but no one had seen or heard from him. Hound took some ibuprofen and got back into the fight despite fighting as long as he could the previous day on his torn ACL. Again we rallied and then headed out. This day was looking to be a massive BB storm in Coleville as the admins were going to let USF start just outside of Coleville and CoST start a little farther out. The basis was that whomever controlled Coleville at the end of the day was the winner, but actaully if it was still contested by CoST the invading USF forces would technically have NOT accomplished their invasion and lost, meaning Oklahoma had successfully suceeded from the USA by fending off the invasion. Upon game on, we piled on to Edge's ATV like a bunch of circus showmen. Edge drove while Helios sat on front working his MK34, I was sitting 'bitch' while using my holding Nasty and Bash on the side rails. I'm suprised our fat asses didn't kill Edge's ATV. That was pretty funny and interesing, thank you, Edge for allowing us to use you ATV out there! By the time we got to Coleville, despite the ATV, USF had already taked all of the town up to the North side structure. I heard a lot of discouraged fellow CoST members saying things like 'well they're in there now, now we'll never get it back' or 'There's no hope now. We've already lost'. I'm not a quiter, I just don't do it. Sometimes my determination resembles one of the deffiniteions of insanity, "trying the same thing over and over expecting different results". The rest of PLT1 was of the same mindset, so we pushed hard following the APC that crushed the little Honda car (EPIC!). We then were told that USF was AGAIN trying to flank from the west, and AGAIN Helios, Nasty and myself ran our 3-man fire team down the slope to reinforce some of our already dug in CoST fighters. By the time we arrived, the USF flanking force had already been mosty haulted, but some stragglers were left giving us some troubles. Our D9 fire team lead a ballsy counter flank whiping ALL USF forces from the West slope of Coleville. In doing this we lost only Helios. I made it all the way to the port-a-johns and a supposed SF or M.O.D. tent before getting hit and bleeding out. Nasty didn't return back to Coleville for some time, so I have so assume he and the rest of the CoST counter flank gave the USF one hell of a bad day. Upon bleeding out and returning to the CCP, I returned to Coleville as radio communication was severely disrupted and there was sheer chaos in Coleville. I actually met up with one of our 'add-ons' who if I remember right was Jockey and we went back into Coleville assisting some stranded elements of squad 1-3 and some of my old CG18 buddies on QRF making a heroic flank to the East of Coleville. TAK was being ran ragged with all the healing he was doing. As some of the QRF swung far left, I moved in towards the church as I saw a young member of the Outlaws jumping through the window in the the church. I was hit in the neck almost immediately from outside the church and then again by fellow CoST members. As I was bleeding out from outside the church, Jockey ran up and did this crazy Chuck Norris sweep on the side of the church by litterally hip firing and taking out around 7 USF. He even had time to stop and say sorry to the first guy he shot danger close and then continue to shoot more USF. I again bled out and returned to the CCP. When I came back into Coleville I simply went where I thought I was needed the most as comms were still terrible and I couldn't locate any fellow squad members. I was part of a major CoST push to the South West from the North East side of Coleville that cam dangerously close to totally pushing the USF out. During this we had to call a 'cease fire' due to a cold smoke starting a grass fire, and with the wind we were having that day, it had to be addressed and put out IMMEDIATELY. It was great to see that despite all the combat and animosity, CoST and USF labels fell away was we all in close proximity to the blaze dropped our guns and ran to put the fire out. We then reset and contunued the storm of BB's that were flying around in Coleville. I then pretty much held out at the Strip Mall with some fellow 1-2 members and QRF members. I helped in catupturing a downed and bleeding out USF soldier, who I later heard was executed in the church I went through more ammo in this hour than I've gone through in several previous entire OPs combined. Several times I was encountering so many USF's rushing our postition that I was running my AK through an entire mid cap on full auto without stop. Within the last 20 minutes of the OP, Delt and Hound were backing me up and I had to bumb two AK mags from Delt. I burned thorugh those almost instantly. I then switched to my 1911 still taking down at least one USF every 2 shots. I then ran out of ammo for my 1911. I couldn't reload however because I gave my ramaning stash of BB's to a fellow CoST SAW gunner on the condition that he used them ALL in shooting USF. Hound then threw me his M9 which I again continued to lay out USF at only about 20yds away and ran through a whole mag in no time. I was then given Hounds second pistol mag and ran through all but 5rds left until a USF made a great shot on me and I was no longer able to be healed. It was no big deal as I was shot out literally within the last couple minutes of game play. CoST succeeded in helping Oklahoma suceed from the USA by fending off the USF war machine!

Overall this was easily the best OP I've been to in all my MilSim years. My sincere thanks go out to Frosty, JP, and 'BO' and all the other AMS crew that made this OP what it was. Delta 9 had several first time MilSim-ers and even seasoned MilSim-ers saying the same. Nasty and I agree that from no on, we will NEVER miss out on the helo ride and will be getting SAW's to do a gun run next year. Rocketman did an excellent job in commanding the CoST forces against the USF commanded by TOP! I'd gladly serve with Rocketman again any day. To TOP I have to say thank you as well. Without your command of the USF forces, we wouldn't have had such a difficult time pushing the USF back wouldn't have made this OP as fun and interesting. UBER KUDOS again to the AMS crew!!! Delta 9 cannot wait to see what you guys have in store for the MilSim community next!

I'll write up a way more indepth AAR eventually, when i have all my camera footage good to go. but I'll leave it at this:

What I said during the raffle was 100% true. Best Milsim Op I have ever played. I was happy to be a part of it, even as just a small cog in the UFS machine. I left last year feeling a little "meh" i had some cool stuff, but most of it was first time "ohmahgawdthisgameisbig" stuff. This year, I can't count on both hands and feet the number of cool awesome stories I have, new friends I made, or awesome things I learned about myself as a player, leader, and shooter.

Well Done AMS. Well Freaking Done. This game was amazing, and I can't wait for the next one.

Most of my memories, missions, and events involving OP:BH will need to remain classified. I refuse to admit to any stories regarding the following:

• The taking of Mako Team "Kilroy" hostage at knife point.
  • Falsifying intel delivered to Green team regarding an enemy spy occupying their ranks.
  • Bringing the rain ontop of Con.
  • Bringing the rain ontop of Pegasus bridge.
  • The defusing of various mines surrounding pegasus bridge.
  • The re-arming of various mines surrounding pegasus bridge.
  • Fast Attack Vehicle drive-bys at Collville Village against green team.
  • The assassination of Top Radke.
  • The bomb detonation against tan team inside the church, effectively killing 15+ Tan & MoD squad members.
  • Bringing the rain ontop of Collville Village against the green team.
  • Infil/Exfil LZ Apache/Airfield.
  • Holding Bo "BigLar" at gunpoint.
  • Primary Weapon malfunction onboard Helicopter Assisted gun run.

The following picture of kill trophy bracelets is obviously photoshoped:

trophies.jpg

I'll post a better AAR once I've had time to put it together but I do want to say thanks to Frosty, JP and all the others that were involved in the planning and running of the event. In my opinion this was the best Memorial Day weekend game yet and I know it will only continue to improve and get smoother.

Thanks guys.

"Best New Signature Ever" award goes to you... Awesome. :D

Most of my memories, missions, and events involving OP:BH will need to remain classified. I refuse to admit to any stories regarding the following

• Falsifying intel delivered to Green team regarding an enemy spy occupying their ranks.

I must say that you did tell me that we did have a spy, however I figure that you were full of Sh** and ignored you!! I knew that there was no spy in my group of troops!!!

This was my first true "milsim" game(vehicles, high numbers, etc) and I have to say, I'm hooked.

I can't thank the staff and event members(including my own team-mates, who were the unsung heroes for me) for taking time out of their event to get my slashed hand to the hospital) between my team-mates finding help and applying first aid, to the paramedic who probably saved my life, to Lobo and...(sorry I was tired all weekend, your medical officer) sticking with me through getting stitched up and pumped full of drugs, you all have my unending grattitude, and quite a bit of respect. The logistics of my whole ordeal were astounding, and you guys pulled it off.

My team was in the lead during the UFS QRF take of Cain, which was ridiculous to participate in. I died multiple times, but I prefer to think I was revealing the danger zones. The group managed to keep me from having to bleed out though, and we finished in very little time.

The next push was quite muddled, and turned into a defense of Cain instead. My parcticular highlights were running for my life from the humvee, and resting while under the threat of helicopter gunners had a very "battered outpost" feel to it. it was aggravating, in the best possible way.

When we were ordered to regroup for a unified second try, things got interesting. Our medic went out of comission, so I was switched to the role while he recovered from heat exhaustion. I found my niche here, running along the lines saving people from the dreaded bleed out walk. Unfortunately, my PT isn't on par, and going from 70's in CO to 95 and humid made "running" a hard thing for me to do. I was caught wandering the roads trying to figure out what I was doing, and was shoved on Top's Deuce and told to take a break.

The break didn't last long, The deuce was ambushed on the way back to the frontlines, and while I performed terribly (maybe shot one guy before getting owned), top and friend's gave quite a show, and the paranoia that built really immersed me in the game.

When I got back, Pegasus bridge was no longer in contest, and I rejoined my squad for the Coleville push. Wyoming and our guys took the flank, and began pushing. Once again Rescue was my favorite part, getting people out of fire is much more to my ability then kicking ass in it. Unfortunately, Here I tripped, and this trip became a lot more expensive.

For the rest of the weekend I sat in front of the map with a radio updating my team on allies whereabouts. It's a shame I missed the fun, but intelligience is an interesting thing I've never done before, and I think a lot of games could benefit from a command tent.

Cya all next year, this time with two gloves, a six pack, and your respawn tickets!

I’ll start by saying this was one hell of an OP. We got to see many old friends and made several new ones. Hats off to all the AMS guys for organizing a great event. To begin the op 1st platoon was dropped into the valley to defend against the Marines. 1-1 was the first to engage the Marines. Delta 9 (1-2 and 1-3) were the second and third. There was some concern about a serious fight after their performance last year. They put up quite a fight. We knew if we were going to be successful we would need to work together and plan this out. 1-1 put up a massive resistance at first as we could hear some serious fighting going on ahead of us. The Marines pushed ahead. Our plan was to cover the high ground with the majority of our forces and maintain a small force in the middle that would resist log enough to allow tan to push up the middle allowing our troops to get it place for an attack from the high ground. It worked just as we had planned. The tan pushed up the middle very quickly without being able to secure any high ground. I would like to give props to the Marine that made a great shot from the hill to my right with his DMR. However, a medic (Delt) was right by me and got me up almost right away. We fought it out for several more minutes when we were taken by surprise by another Marine and his pistol. He was shooting but nothing was coming out, however, good job! I’ll take a safety any day. So back to the Mash to wait for our squad we went. 1-1 by now had replenished there ranks and have fallen in on the airport side of the valley. 1-3 held the opposite side of the ravine while 1-2 took heavy casualties. We expected this and fell back to our MASH point to respawn and move up to rejoin 1-1 on the hill. A tan heat casualty was found. We stopped to lend a hand and with 1-3 com assistance we were able to get a pickup for the injured player. Never leave a fallen solider. Once he was gone we move back up the hill to meet with 1-1. We encountered some resistance on the hill as tan was trying to establish a foothold. 1-1 and 1-2 quickly pushed them back down the hill.

Now it begins! 1-3 was able to keep tan in the valley from moving along the opposite side with assistance from other 1st platoon squads. 1-1 and 1-2 began to sweep down the hill while maintaining heavy fire on the forces below. While distracted green was able to get a few men in the lower valley to hit them from the side this created chaos and tan had nothing to do but fall back to their landing zone. Once there the rest of 1st platoon pushed along the side of 1-3 and began theâ€Green Wave†that overtook the Marines. I was very glad to be a COST on this day! Tan put up a fight but was a victim of good planning, terrain and communication between 1st Platoon squads.

Now the fight for Coleville begins. This was an all-out battle. Neither side wanted to give up. Great sportsman ship and good hit calling was witnessed by myself. Tan was pushing hard as a frontal assault when 1-2 we showed up. 1-2 and 1-3 quickly saw tan pushing up through the right tree line. They were encountered by our 2 man scout units who expose their positions. A strong push was being made but with support from other 1st platoon squads we quickly pushed them back to their Mash Point outside Coleville. This was great move from 1st platoon again as we managed our wounded and dead very well. When one squad became combat ineffective we moved the next squad up quickly to take their place. We bound forward like a cohesive unit pushing the enemy back. As the day went on it was a great battle of wills as green would take ground and then tan would push hard back into Coleville. Towards the end of the day there was a little confusion on end game and several green started leaving. This was all the momentum that tan needed and they began to push into Coleville. Several QRF Teams with Civi squads were attacking green from both side causing ranks to spread thin. Tan had pushed into Coleville at the last seconds of the game to neutralize the Coleville Mash. Good work Tan.

Sunday was more of a Coleville battle again. We started back in the airport. When game started we were surprised to see tan already in the town and setting up in the buildings. This sucked! We were having serious issues getting back into the town. It appeared that tan got the jump on us as they were in the town before we were even able to make it to the out skirts of Coleville. It was tans to lose now. We fortunately were able to prevent tan from establishing a MASH point in the town. 1-2 along with several other stragglers started pushing up the tree line on the right side of Coleville closest to the blue bus. We encountered heavy resistance but was able to push tan back to the tent were they began the Sunday battle. There was a little confusion on the tan respawn as several tan forces were respawning behind the green tent unaware that this location was not a spawn and a position that could be captured. By the time this was corrected tan had made a strong push back towards our Mash point outside of Coleville neutralizing the MASH point for a small time. The tan elements were quickly delt with and 1-2 and a few Civi’s from Colorado moved into the trenches and held several tan waves back. At one point we had two medics in the same area that just keep healing guys like crazy. They did a great job. A Tan ATAC group began to try to push down the tree line and we were dug in like ticks It was a turkey shoot. These guy quickly learned that there was something special about that AK I was shooting J. They couldn’t figure out why that guy was getting so far out ther? Several D9 guys were educating a few people on this. I soon was hit by either a GREAT shot from some random Tan or a BB falling down on me. I didn’t know, so I called a hit and I bled out and back to respawn I went. By this time we had the Mash in Coleville. I then herd this guy going crazy with his 60 and to my surprise I saw Helio’s in the mall top story slaying bodies with a grin! The fighting kept on until green remained victorious breaking the tan streak. Better luck next year tan and good job to everyone.

I would like to say thanks to all those that were able to run with us this year and I look forward to it next year. Good job everyone!

Bash brings up a good point, you Tan bastards made us scout teams work our asses off trying to keep your locations posted, while not being taken out by the never-ending assaults. Great job guys!

Now that is more of what we need in milsims. Nice video.

Marine 1-3 had lots of shooting and great times! Best part was trying to hold coleville for a long period on sunday without any ammunition... we had run out and were simply "making noise" by jumping up and firing blanks at CoST forces advancing to our position. If we had fell back it would have left a gaping hole right in front of the 'comms tower'. We expected reinforcements, but none came. Our medic crawled around saving our asses and distributing what little loaded ammo he had. This action worked well enough till a squad of QRF was able to take up some of the berm we were holding. Once this was done, 1-3 was declared combat ineffective and pulled back to reload. Have to give it to the green guys there... we had no options and no reinforcements. A good push would have wiped 1-3 out.

Had a good time and am looking forward to next year!

Hey all! Spazzz here. . . I had the pleasure of serving this year with Lurch, Crusher, Mecca, and many other fine players as we defended the homeland. . . I have to say that Saturday and Sunday were BY FAR the best Airsoft events I have ever played in. . . The staff made every effort to keep the battles going and intense, and they did a fantastic job. I know some people got a little bent when the Mods switched sides, but I totally appreciated the way that it kept the game interesting, and kept the outcome truly unknown until the end!

I look forward to following and participating in the story-line that Tusk and the rest are coming up with.

Thanks again for a great event!

First time at this AO and OP. It was fantastic and was impressed at the scale and level of work put in by the staff. My hats off to them for being awesome.

I was part of Civilian Militia. We chose real tree / mossy oak as our camo. (Sorry for the confusion with green army.) In doing so we took it upon ourselves to be as partisan as possible. Making this short:

1. Saturday AM: "Get away from our town" Props to Tan. You guys rolled us in Caen. Law Enforcement booked it out. We had one team of PMC and one squad of COST vs a platoon of UFS + qrf. Held the first house on the south side as long as possible. I think we lasted 5 minutes after the game first started.
  2. Saturday afternoon: With our town lost we became dis-enfranchised civilians. Wandering the battlefield we took fire from both sides. Green finally wounded enough of us without providing proper care of our wounded civilians. Siding with UFS we plotted and executed an insurgency. Using a claymore device and threatening a police officer's family, we took out green commander with rigged suicide claymore attached to cop. Made it into coleville without being searched on the promise of intel for the commander. We then sided with UFS for the remained of the day due to prior incidents. Assaulted coleville on final push.
  3. Sunday: Amended with COST forces and attached ourselves for the defense of coleville. Utilized mixed squads to provide support on defensive operations. Found huey to be like home.

Give my props to the Law Enforcement Group, they did a great job at being corrupt cops. Hats off to green forces in Coleville on Saturday. You took blowing up your commander rather well as most of us received several hundred bbs to various body parts. Tan CO did great at motivating his forces to assault Coleville on Saturday. That was a great push into the city. Green did a fantastic job retaking Coleville on Sunday.

It was damn fun... and great time being a civilian. Hopefully they will let us work it next year. Integration of more IEDs would be great.

Alright. If I can sum the OP up in one word it'd "fanf***ingtastic". I will let our upcoming footage be our AAR. I want to commend the AMS Op Staff for being damn near everywhere at once and for the once Secret Squirrel missions we were given. It was awesome! Thanks to everyone involved and everyone that bought a t-shirt from the Kastway booth! I still have a large inventory from what I hear. So if you are interested in one, hit me!

Video coming soon!

There was some mechanical issues I believe. It was on the charger all day Friday and Saturday. It did make it out on Sunday