• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Airsoft_Geek

Airsoft_Geek

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Are MRP's going to be used in BH7?  Looking through the forum archives from previous BH's it seems they have used them in the past but not every year.

Are there any similar rules regarding changing AEG batteries in the field?  If so, do these also apply to accessory batteries such as red dot sight batteries?

Also is it possible for players to leave a box of gear (BB's, batteries, extra grenades, extra water, etc) at FOB to avoid leaving the AO during the day? (I have a locking box and can secure it to a tree if needed, not concerned about theft).

Regarding comms, will there be intra-squad comms for UFS?  I looked at the huge radio matrix they have on the forum, but I can't tell anything from the channel names.

If there is intra-squad comms, would a 5watt baofeng with a good Nagoya antenna (NA-24J or NA-771) be sufficient or would you recommend upgrading to a UV-82HP (7 watt)?

Is orange smoke allowed or is it too close to red?  A military surplus store near where I live has great deals on "expired" distress smoke from coast guard surplus, and it's what everyone uses at the airsoft fields around here - much more output than a WP-40, 3-minute burn time, wire pull igniter).  But they only come in orange, not sure if that's okay?  It is a fairly light orange, fairly easy to tell apart from red IMO.

Finally, has anyone made a list or glossary of acronyms for AMS events?

I know I am asking a lot of questions here on the forums and I appreciate the time everyone has been taking to answer them.  I will admit I do tend to overthink and over-prepare, especially for something as exciting as my first milsim event ever.

EODGUY02

EODGUY02

American MilSim Member

• Black Label Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
. We’ll find out if and when MRP’s will be used during the OPORD
. You can have as many batteries as you need or can carry
. It is possible and encouraged but your gear will not be watched so lock it up, the other issue is getting it to you FOB, it may be a hike from the staging area I would encourage you to focus on bringing water, this AO will crush you if you’re not prepared Hydrate or Die literally.
. There’s a Comms matrix in the BH thread there will be for details in the OPORD from your faction delegating what channel is for what Platoon/squad. Depending on if you get thrown into a squad they may have a specific channel they use.
. Everyone there will most likely be running a 5watt radio, unless your running a base station with long range antenna the AO is going to determine you comms usability
. I’ve seen people use that smoke and it should be fine, they just don’t want people using red, as long as it’s cold burning and not home made they’re fine.
. I don’t have a glossary of acronyms but I’m sure with a quick google search you’ll find it. Not sure what acronym you’re asking about. Hope this helps and remember drink water, bring a case of water and sign up for your faction on Facebook they can help get you answers quickly and even help get you lined up with a squad ahead of time if you ask.

Airsoft_Geek

Airsoft_Geek

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

I assume OPORD is Operation Orders??  Do we get those at the event site or are they sent out ahead of time?

. We’ll find out if and when MRP’s will be used during the OPORD
. You can have as many batteries as you need or can carry
. It is possible and encouraged but your gear will not be watched so lock it up, the other issue is getting it to you FOB, it may be a hike from the staging area I would encourage you to focus on bringing water, this AO will crush you if you’re not prepared Hydrate or Die literally.
. There’s a Comms matrix in the BH thread there will be for details in the OPORD from your faction delegating what channel is for what Platoon/squad. Depending on if you get thrown into a squad they may have a specific channel they use.
. Everyone there will most likely be running a 5watt radio, unless your running a base station with long range antenna the AO is going to determine you comms usability
. I’ve seen people use that smoke and it should be fine, they just don’t want people using red, as long as it’s cold burning and not home made they’re fine.
. I don’t have a glossary of acronyms but I’m sure with a quick google search you’ll find it. Not sure what acronym you’re asking about. Hope this helps and remember drink water, bring a case of water and sign up for your faction on Facebook they can help get you answers quickly and even help get you lined up with a squad ahead of time if you ask.

EODGUY02

EODGUY02

American MilSim Member

• Black Label Member
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Yes Operations Order and those will be sent out via email that you provided from your faction leadership.

Airsoft_Geek

Airsoft_Geek

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Thanks.  Is it a good idea to check in Friday, or would it be all right to show up Saturday morning for check-in?  And once my AEG is chrono'd is it good all weekend or does it have to be chrono'd daily?  It's an Ares Amoeba with externally accessible quick change spring, and I will not be camping on site, do they trust me not to change springs overnight?

Dep

Dep

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
1. Best to check in on Friday
2. Chrono once. They will put a tamper seal on the receiver to stop changing the spring.

kevgru

kevgru

UFS Command Staff

• Administrators
  • 4 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Thanks.  Is it a good idea to check in Friday, or would it be all right to show up Saturday morning for check-in?  And once my AEG is chrono'd is it good all weekend or does it have to be chrono'd daily?  It's an Ares Amoeba with externally accessible quick change spring, and I will not be camping on site, do they trust me not to change springs overnight?

Check-in usually opens around 1200 Friday, the sooner you check in the better. Due to the larger amount of players lines form really quick - so in order to save you time for other things to do throughout Friday, check in as soon as you can (it'll save a lot of headache in the long run, trust me).

As for your question on Chrono As DEB already said, AMS uses a non tamper seal to mark that you've been chrono'd. If you change springs it will "void" that chrono and you'll have to do it again. That chrono sticker is good FOR ALL WEEKEND. You DO NOT have to chrono daily unless you "void" the sticker (can only be done be either removing it or separating the two receivers to access the gearbox).

Cheap Asian labor.

Airsoft_Geek

Airsoft_Geek

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Thanks.  Lots of good information.  With the AM-005 you don't separate the two receivers and get to the gearbox to change springs, the main spring is behind a giant setscrew/bolt on the rear, accessible by folding the stock.  That's what I meant by externally accessible.  I assume they would be able to put a seal on that too, though.

Check-in usually opens around 1200 Friday, the sooner you check in the better. Due to the larger amount of players lines form really quick - so in order to save you time for other things to do throughout Friday, check in as soon as you can (it'll save a lot of headache in the long run, trust me).

As for your question on Chrono As DEB already said, AMS uses a non tamper seal to mark that you've been chrono'd. If you change springs it will "void" that chrono and you'll have to do it again. That chrono sticker is good FOR ALL WEEKEND. You DO NOT have to chrono daily unless you "void" the sticker (can only be done be either removing it or separating the two receivers to access the gearbox).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users