American MilSim
EODGUY02

HWS and vehicle take down

As I read the updated rules it said only foam nerf rockets can take out a vehicle, am I to assume Taginn rounds can longer be used to kill vehicles? I remember this being a question at Broken Home 6 during the vehicle brief so I am just seeking clarification for my sake since I’m bringing a vehicle again this year.

Your correlating it backwards.  The intent is that a round must make a pop/flash/bang to kill troops.  This is to mitigate the insane amount of "I just killed all those guys with my silent nerf round that landed where none of them saw it" that we deal with at each event.  Thus, the nerf rocket's only purpose is to take out vehicles.  The TagInn rounds can still take out vehicles if they hit a vehicle, just like they have before.  I'll work with JP on the lingo in the ruleset to see if we can clarify it a little better. 

Ok sounds good, I wasn’t sure if JP finally went with the change that no Taginns were going to be used against vehicles. I just remember some of vehicle crew complaining at BH6 about their gunner getting hit by a round. I think if it gets cleared up in the rules that will help.