View All Updates
March 2018
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Next Previous

Vote "YES" Agenda 2018 "Keep Snipers" (Read First Post)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationDallas/Fort Worth Area

Just wanted to post this topic to gather inputs directly from those who want to keep sniping in the AMS game play. Post your thoughts and lets keep Snipers as an active participant in AMS Events for the future!!!!

(AMS has no intention of removing Snipers from future game play) -MODERATOR

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

New to airsoft and only played one milsim so far (Black Site) but wanted to share my experience with the DMR and sniper role. This is coming from a player filling a standard rifleman role.

It's always possible to improve the ruleset of the game to be more enjoyable for everyone , but I do feel that the DMR/snipers that I worked in close proximity with were utilized to their fullest. They were crucial to penetrating enemy lines and pushing forward. In many cases we were able to combat enemies that had high ground and/or outranged our standard riflemen by calling for support from our DMR/Sniper units. Without their support, a lot of engagements could have been turned into stalemates or losses altogether. Set winning the fight aside, a stalemate in airsoft where neither group can quite get the range to make good hits kind of ruins the flow of the game and feels more like a paintball match. When I'm paying so much to attend an event like this, I really want the whole milsim package. I think these events would lose some of their luster without the specialty roles.

I think it would be a huge mistake to remove these roles from gameplay. If the talk of removing these roles is safety related, I'm sure there are restrictions that can be put into place without handicapping the performance of the rifles. I'm interested to see why this is a possibility. 

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • LocationAMS Support Staff
First off. The DMR role is under talks within AMS ownership.
Sniper is a different role and has not been discussed about removal.
Please don't stir up fake news. Lol
You can never become comfortable, until you become comfortable, with being uncomfortable.

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,086 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx

There is currently no plan to remove snipers from AMS games.  I'm locking this post, and changing the title to avoid confusion in the future.  This is how rumors start.

My job is to clarify and enforce policy, not to make policy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users