DerOnion

DerOnion

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque

Hello!

I'll be honest here- I don't have a true nickname- Been called pencil or onion, but nothing has truly stuck. Ah well. 

Anyways- I hail from New Mexico, Starting up out here with a few buddies of mine. I am a larger player (needing to lose weight, so I figured, why not). Looking to start training my cardio system for the oncoming games...

Anyways, Current loadout is a A&K M249 Para, all stock (so far... going to be updating this) I also have a Element Sordin headset, BF F8 (not the HP) and some Thunder B's.

I don't have much in the ways of gear, but I'll slowly spend the next 400 or so on some gear. One of which will be a GBB pistol and a nice chest rig, looking at the Pantac RRV or Matrix RRV (ideas welcome- my waist is about 50", so let me know if there's some that fit that- and gun ideas work too). on this as well- ideas for dead lights/ flashlights? maybe something that looks like IFFs? also, Kinda leaning towards UFS for my preference :)

Looking to play at Playas this year, as work is not the best for long-travel. But out side of that, if you want to hang out, talk or have some gear that might help me/ work for me, don't be afraid to message me or let me know

PS brownie points if you know the game(s) my title comes from. 

Wait a minute.... *inserts witty quote here* Ahhhh... that's better. 

Dave

Dave

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 978 posts
  • LocationOKC

For the SAW I would recommend a hydration pack (nothing too fancy, just somewhere you can store spare parts or whatever when your SAW goes down) and a belt kit.  I used a milsurp FLC with two SAW mag pouches on it and a couple other odds and ends and that worked out great.  Pretty cheap, too.

I ran a A&K SAW for a little while and had a number of issues with it, but I think I got a lemon.  Lot of $ in upgrades.

DerOnion

DerOnion

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque

Not a bad idea. I may see about that. I am looking at a RRV for $50 ish from china, but might look at that FLC Definitely a good idea for the Hydro and parts... And can I ask, any recommended upgrades? I appreciate the reply, Dave!

Dave

Dave

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 978 posts
  • LocationOKC

I don't actually remember what I put into mine.  I think it had a systema gearbox?  I moved the wiring to the back and used a full buttstock to make life easier.  I put rails on it so I could mount a PEQ for night ops but all the fields I played at banned full auto at night, so it was a waste of 120$.  Looks cool as a wall hanger, though.  I definitely recommend taping the magazine motor wiring to the pistol grip so you can operate everything with one hand.  That made life a little easier.  

Honestly, I was completely underwhelmed with the A&K from the start.  When I opened the box half the parts went flying across my living room and I was missing a few important items (like the retainer clip for the top cover).  Airsoft GI hit me with a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ when i called to to see how it was supposed to look.  It spent a lot of time at a tech's house before I bothered using it.  It was fun as hell when it worked.

DerOnion

DerOnion

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque

Makes sense. I may look into that; Looking for basic upgrades. and It is a little underwhelming, but I mean, hey, it's something to start. 

I finally decided on a Condor Chest Set; should be getting it soon and starting to load it. My M249 is slow in RPS but I am also using a low power battery (due to issues with the higher power one I got- charger saying it is bad.) I know for sure I need to change AOE and then i will dial in Hop-up and Sight Picture.. Might get a Red dot or ACOG. 

Forgive my Noob-ish-ness but I fear I don't understand what you mean by magazine motor wiring? are you talking about making it manually switch on and off instead of the auto and sound?

Dave

Dave

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 978 posts
  • LocationOKC

Oh right, I forgot mine was a piece of shit courtesy of Airsoft GI.  My sound setting did not work, so I had to get it externally wired to a little push button, which I ran back to my pistol grip.  I don't remember if it came like that or not (I don't think they do)?  If yours works off sound then you are good to go!  My sights did not line up either but with the SAW I found it just as easy to walk the BBs in.  Red dots/magnifiers, etc are excess weight on an already hefty AEG.  I recommend a sling too - you may not want it all the time but when you're hiking half a mile back to respawn it can be a blessing.

TheJP

TheJP

AMS MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 3,381 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, OK

Hello!

I'll be honest here- I don't have a true nickname- Been called pencil or onion, but nothing has truly stuck. Ah well. 

Anyways- I hail from New Mexico, Starting up out here with a few buddies of mine. I am a larger player (needing to lose weight, so I figured, why not). Looking to start training my cardio system for the oncoming games...

Anyways, Current loadout is a A&K M249 Para, all stock (so far... going to be updating this) I also have a Element Sordin headset, BF F8 (not the HP) and some Thunder B's.

I don't have much in the ways of gear, but I'll slowly spend the next 400 or so on some gear. One of which will be a GBB pistol and a nice chest rig, looking at the Pantac RRV or Matrix RRV (ideas welcome- my waist is about 50", so let me know if there's some that fit that- and gun ideas work too). on this as well- ideas for dead lights/ flashlights? maybe something that looks like IFFs? also, Kinda leaning towards UFS for my preference :)

Looking to play at Playas this year, as work is not the best for long-travel. But out side of that, if you want to hang out, talk or have some gear that might help me/ work for me, don't be afraid to message me or let me know

PS brownie points if you know the game(s) my title comes from. 

Welcome to the AMS community!

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
THEJP
Facebook.com/THEJPAMS

DerOnion

DerOnion

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque

Oh right, I forgot mine was a piece of shit courtesy of Airsoft GI.  My sound setting did not work, so I had to get it externally wired to a little push button, which I ran back to my pistol grip.  I don't remember if it came like that or not (I don't think they do)?  If yours works off sound then you are good to go!  My sights did not line up either but with the SAW I found it just as easy to walk the BBs in.  Red dots/magnifiers, etc are excess weight on an already hefty AEG.  I recommend a sling too - you may not want it all the time but when you're hiking half a mile back to respawn it can be a blessing.

I plan on a sling.. it's hefty. Stock they don't have the switch. I mostly am going to use auto winding- seems better than the sound as I know it fails(common failure) if anything I may do like you did and wire one.

Welcome to the AMS community!

Thanks TheJP!

Call Sign Justice

Call Sign Justice

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Didin't know where to do it so i figured here would work

Salutations and greetings  operators

im new to AMS and airsoft in general but since joining a great team . The " Tampa Infidels Milsim" team i have found an addiction and love of the sport greater then any i have known.

Not much to say about my load out at the moment or my guns and gear pretty basic factory stuff but i will eventually start a update threat so anyone who wants can follow my progress. 

My name is Frank go by the call sign Justice (till my team changes it ) live in the Tampa bay area of Florida . and as stated belong to the Tampa Infidels Milsim. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users