Recent Topics
Recent Facebook Activity
Upcoming Calendar Events
There are no forthcoming calendar events
Recent Status Updates
  • Photo
      15 Oct
    Mia Doll

If you really want to wear traditional dresses, just start to wear kilts. It’s the heritage of Scotland and resemblance of Scottish culture

View All Updates
October 2018
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Next Previous
Photo

CoST radio question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Callsign-Hammer

Callsign-Hammer

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Ga

I have searched every nook and cranny of the AMS forums to find an answer to this question, to no avail. I know UFS has that weird Chirp program on their radios, does CoST have anything like that? By 'like that', I mean anything that needs to be programmed into the radio PRIOR to the game. I assumed since there wasn't any post concerning this issue that the answer is no, but I wanted to be sure. The last thing I want is to show up to an OP only to find I don't have the right radio program on my Baofeng. 

Mica O'Neal
Callsign- "Corsac"
Weapon of Choice- KWA CQR Mod-1

"The most important thing in the Olympics is not to win, but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well" -Pierre de Coubertin, founder of the Olympic Games

cj DOBBY dimidio

cj DOBBY dimidio

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

the program "chirp" is a computer-based program, meaning it will not be loaded onto the radio. The program is used to ease the process of loading freqs into a large number of radios, or a small batch, as well as having a quick backup to load radios that have dropped their previously loaded freqs. most people on the CoST side of the house get together within squads before start-ex and manually program their radios to the respective freqs, so not having this program on your computer is not an issue.

"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil......For the shadow is mine......and so is the valley"

Airsoft_Geek

Airsoft_Geek

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

CoST is the rebel faction, which means they didn't have their own military prior to the start of the conflict, and are all-around going to be less well-organized than the UFS.  So maybe not having a radio matrix laid out ahead of time is part of the realism???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users