3 replies to this topic

Callsign-Hammer

Callsign-Hammer

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Ga

Alrighty, so I have a question about DMR rules regarding the M14 battle rifle. It's a pretty through-and-through DMR, meets all the check-list items, i.e. is used as a DMR by the U.S. Military, chambered in 7.62/.308, has a long barrel, has the overall silhouette of a DMR, etc. The only thing is, it has a full-auto function. Most if not all Airsoft versions I have seen also have this full-auto capability. In the ruleset, it states that all DMRs must be incapable of fully automatic fire. Are there exceptions made for M14s, or are is it considered an Assault Rifle?

Mica O'Neal
Callsign- "Corsac"
Weapon of Choice- KWA CQR Mod-1

"The most important thing in the Olympics is not to win, but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well" -Pierre de Coubertin, founder of the Olympic Games

Dojo

Dojo

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationTN

I'm pretty certain that you'll have to mechanically disable Auto. 

smokingpancake

smokingpancake

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM
Electrically disabling full auto works also. The easiest way to do this is to plug in a Burst Wizard mosfet; you can tune it to fire single-shot on both selector settings.

Yankee-DTA

Yankee-DTA

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationAMS Support Staff
Exceptions = Negative Ghost Rider.
You can never become comfortable, until you become comfortable, with being uncomfortable.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users