S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30

Next Previous
Photo

Let's talk about the FLAGRANT misuse of helo kits...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

point3airsoft-dj

point3airsoft-dj

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

At OP: Blacksite, I saw several individuals who had torn the rubber gasket off of their helo kits.

This is a clear and deliberate eye-pro violation. After approaching a few in-game as well as dedicated admins, I got the feeling like everyone just wanted to sweep this under the rug.

I don't want to be the guy who shoots an eye out because some idiot can't deal with fogging like the rest of us, and I definitely don't want these guys to get helo kits banned for everyone else.

Looking through an album of pictures on Facebook, I found several examples of people intentionally breaking these rules.

AMS STAFF AND ADMINS: PLEASE take this more seriously. I shouldn't have to explain how disheartening and frustrating this is to see this exploited by players and ignored by staff.

If this is allowed? Say it's allowed.

If this is not allowed? Find the players (it's EASY to tell) and make them change eyepro or expel them from the game.

Side note: If this is NOT allowed but certain command players "got special permission" to intentionally break this rule, then let the players know that that those individuals alone get special privileges. Otherwise, kids see command/admins doing it, they think it's okay so they do it too, and then they loose an eye. PLEASE take this seriously.

I've posted just a few of many examples below.

TFaOfFAh.jpg

TPn1NWSh.jpg

1EkRLNKh.jpg

fD3bXQOh.jpg

To show how easy it is to tell, here are a few players who have fully intact helo kits:

nC3tsnch.jpg

GtBpnoEh.jpg

Th6z5Bah.jpg

Thank you to the players who follow the rules and continue to make this a sport I'm proud to be a part of. Thank you to the AMS staff for putting on some of the best events in the industry, and thank you in advance for addressing this and taking it more seriously in the future.

-DJ

TheJP

TheJP

AMS MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 3,308 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, OK

DJ,

Thanks for pointing this out -- from some of the photos I can't tell 100% for sure if the rubbers has been ripped out. Understand this is NOT allowed, HELO KITS need to be "unmodified".

I appreciate you bringing this to the forefront. 

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
THEJP
Facebook.com/THEJPAMS

Gary Phan

Gary Phan

New to American MilSim

• Black Label Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I admit I have modified my helo-kit however in my case, the Helo kit in it's unmodified state actually made my seal WORSE. I have a flatter profiled face (Asian) so the helo kit causes my m-frames to push further away from my face, leaving a noticeable gap which could definitely lead to some complications. This is because the helo kit is curved in a way which does not mesh up with my flat face. Even bending the helo kit to make it flatter does not help. I had to trim the rubber gasket accordingly to make a better seal with my face. Mframes with a helo kit don't fit everyone's faces perfectly so I hope staff can take regards into this factor. 

point3airsoft-dj

point3airsoft-dj

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
That’s understandable Gary - there is definitely a difference.

When the rubber has been entirely removed the plastic frame that is left is much thinner than when the gasket is intact.

It’s a tedious prospect to check every single players eye pro, but it should be the easiest thing in the world to tell someone who’s made honest modifications vs someone skirting the rules.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users