4 replies to this topic

Callsign-Hammer

Callsign-Hammer

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Ga

So, I'm sure this has been answered somewhere, but if I'm 16 at the time of an event, and I have a parent/guardian present, but that parent/guardian does NOT wish to attend the event itself, what options do they have? I am aware they have to be on the AO, and that that does not necessarily mean in gameplay. Will they be pitching a tent in the parking lot? Chilling at the staging area? Just trying to understand how this would work. I saw nothing in the ruleset that answered this question.

Mica O'Neal
Callsign- "Corsac"
Weapon of Choice- KWA CQR Mod-1

"The most important thing in the Olympics is not to win, but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well" -Pierre de Coubertin, founder of the Olympic Games

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• AMS Founders
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx

We don't care what they do, as long as they are on site.  It's really up to you guys.  As long as we can get ahold of them with the bull horn in the event that you get hurt, that's all that we care about.  There have been many parents that just chill in their cars, read books at the camp site, watch movies, etc.  I would imagine that it's pretty boring, but it's part of the deal.

My job is to clarify and enforce policy, not to make policy.

Callsign-Hammer

Callsign-Hammer

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

We don't care what they do, as long as they are on site.  It's really up to you guys.  As long as we can get ahold of them with the bull horn in the event that you get hurt, that's all that we care about.  There have been many parents that just chill in their cars, read books at the camp site, watch movies, etc.  I would imagine that it's pretty boring, but it's part of the deal.

I appreciate the quick response, Alex. My uncle offered to take me to an event. He assured me he'd make a good time out of it, I just wanted to make sure I knew what he could and couldn't do. Hope to see you guys soon!

Mica O'Neal
Callsign- "Corsac"

"The most important thing in the Olympics is not to win, but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well" -Pierre de Coubertin, founder of the Olympic Games

Callsign-Hammer

Callsign-Hammer

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

To clarify, 'camp site' would imply that he can bring a tent?

Mica O'Neal
Callsign- "Corsac"

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• AMS Founders
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx

Thats fine. He can do anything that anyone else can do, except play.

My job is to clarify and enforce policy, not to make policy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users