1 reply to this topic

Jake

Jake

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationDurango, CO

What's up fellow airsoft players! I'm Jake, 22 years old, and I play with concrete for a living (backbreaking work, but it pays well and I love it). I live in Durango, CO and I'll be attending Copperhead 3 in a couple of weeks. It'll be my first AMS event, and I'm STOKED (been watching every gameplay video I can find on Youtube from past events). Now, I'll be going alone. I was gonna have some friends come with me, but that didn't end up working out.

So, I've attended milsim events before, but only local ones. I went to one a few years ago that lasted for 3 days, had 60-odd players, and completely changed my perspective of what the sport could be, so I'm familiar with milsim. That said, I've never attended an AMS event before, or anything even remotely approaching that scale. I intend for this game to be my jumping off point into hardcore milsim, and after this, I'm gonna try to attend every national event I can, from Lion Claws, AMS, Milsim West, etc. So, any tips for an AMS noob? I know the basics, and I've read the rules a number of times (all seems pretty standard), but is there anything particular to AMS or large scale milsim in general I should know to be able to make the most of my attendance?

TheJP

TheJP

AMS MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 3,308 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, OK

Welcome to the AMS community! 

LC, AMS and MSW are very different animals.

Go search YT and just rummage through the OP archives to try and get a good idea of what to expect.

See you at CH3, say "Hi" ;)

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
THEJP
Facebook.com/THEJPAMS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users