AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook. ×
American MilSim
AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook.
Sign in to follow this  
Yogi

Cleaning Mag Brand Mags

Firstly I want to say don't do this unless your 100% comfortable.

I have had two boxes of 8 Mags 5 years ago for 16 mags.

I have over the year ruined a mag or 2 but that's fine by me as it's my own fault in over loading.

I want to start using 7 mags for my games anyway.

Back to cleaning them, sadly I didn't take no pictures.

First I used a flat head screw driver and located the plug at the bottom of the Magazine.

With the mag bottom vertical I had the plug inward, using the flat head screw driver turn the plug horizontal.

Now this step is important keep presser on the plug as the spring will just wanna fly out and then you will have to go hunting for it.

Carefully back off and hold the plug and spring, gently and slowly pull the spring out without twisting. The spring will be long.

Next I used a 5 gallon bucket filled it with hot water and some dawn soap. Putting the mags into the bucket and putting the bucket lid on it. Shake it a few times then let it sit for 2 hours.

I then removed the lid and ran more hot water in the bucket until there was no soap subs left. Let the water cool then remove the mags wipe down and let dry, you will also have to use a air can to blow water out from the inside.

One completely bone dry re insert each spring after a few days so the spring can relax. With all the springs laid out on a towel or a tub spray them down with silicone spray until coated.

Time to re-insert the springs. When inserting the spring use alittle presser to get the spring to curve inside the mag but be sure it does not twist.

Now keep presser on the spring then place the plug back over the spring.With the mag bottom vertical I had the plug inward, using the flat head screw driver turn the plug back to vertical.

I would say you should do this with your mags when they become alittle weak or dirty. You can also just do this every year so just to keep the mags in working order.

Have fun and go slow, it's not my fault if you brake your mags.

If you run BBs through them without the spring/spring cover, it can help you get rid of the casting flash left on the BB track and help with feeding as well.

Use of too much silicone and it may saturate the bb's and affect accuracy. I would use very light spray of silicone instead of a coating, and remove excess if possible.

Sign in to follow this