American MilSim
Flanker

DAMs gear prep

I will be signing up for a DAM, but was looking for info on gear prep levels.  The Alpha DAM at Copperhead 3 was noted as a level 3 for difficulty / gear prep.  I am not concerned about difficulty, but I do not want to come up short on the proper gear.  Does level 3 mean that NODs are a must?  What special gear is needed for a level 3 DAM?  Level 2?

Thanks

The Alpha teams are usually the Recon team so you would need a few more items for the DAM. I am signed up for Delta for CH3 and for Blacksite and we are the breacher team. NODS are not required but HIGHLY advised for the DAMs in general 

I will be signing up for a DAM, but was looking for info on gear prep levels.  The Alpha DAM at Copperhead 3 was noted as a level 3 for difficulty / gear prep.  I am not concerned about difficulty, but I do not want to come up short on the proper gear.  Does level 3 mean that NODs are a must?  What special gear is needed for a level 3 DAM?  Level 2?

Thanks

The diffuclty is basically determined by the role. Some roles will be much more "trigger" intensive than others and some will require much more discliplin and field craft.

A perfect example would be the difference between Alpha (Recon) and Charlie (Support) / Delta (Breacher).  Alpha will need to be able to ingress the area to observe enemy positions, patrol patterns, etc...  and report back intel undetected.

Using that intel from Alpha....

The teams will devise a plan of attack.

Charlie will set up security and support Delta who then will make the initial breach. Bravo assists in SSE or EOD depending on what the site requires.

I have attached the C3 Packing list to give you an idea.

attachicon.gifAMS Packing List - CH3.pdf

I imagine it's safe to assume that those of us going to the DAM at Blacksite might also expect a packing list? I'm sure most of the stuff will crossover, but I have a mate that's going to this DAM and he's never been to one before.