2 replies to this topic

Flanker

Flanker

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSussex, WI

New to AMS but not to milsim.  I tried to find these clarifications in the forums and rules but could not.  If there is a good thread on this kind of stuff or a forum I am missing please advise.  Questions at the beginning and safety kill commentary at the end.

Grenades:  thunder Bs are listed in the rules under frag grenades, but I read later in the rule set that they only count as frags if used in a suicide attack.  

1. are thunder Bs NOT lethal in normal combat?

2. are thunder Bs allowed to be loaded with BBs to make them lethal in normal combat?

3. does soft cover (brush, small trees) protect you from a grenade?

4. what constitutes a suicide attack?

Rockets:  In the POV explanation it notes that a rocket must hit the front of a vehicle so the driver can see it.  

1. can a POV hit be called (not in the front) by an admin?

Bleedout:  rules state I can yell or radio for a medic.

1. After I am hit, do I HAVE to stay for my 5 minute bleedout, or can I choose to return to respawn immediately?

2. When I RADIO for a medic, can I tell them my position? 

DAM:

1. can I sign up for a DAM as a single, or are these for teams only?

Safety kill:  rules state that accepting a safety kill is optional (what follows is a comment, not a question).  I strive to convince others it should not be optional. Here comes my 2 cents.  

-A safety kill offer usually means someone bested you.  Give kudos to the guy and accept.

-A safety kill is intended to minimize pain and possible physical damage (skin penetration / chipped teeth at short range).  Making it optional only discourages its use by concerned / honorable players.

-Refusing a safety kill is NOT milsim.  What is the real world equivalent?  It does not exist.  You get shot.  No warning.

-This is NOT the equivalent of attempting to force a surrender and taking a live captive.  If an airsoft opponent of mine wants to try to take me alive, I wish him luck, and I WILL shoot him.  If a guy gets the drop on me and wants to spare me BBs under my bare skin, "Thanks, brother.  I will do the same for you next time."  

-There is no way to know which guy is going to refuse your safety kill offer and spin around and shoot you at very close range, so the best thing to do is just shoot everybody, even at very close range.  It's the only way to be safe.  I have been on both ends of very close shooting.  We all know how it sucks to get shot at very close range.  It also sucks to injure another player.  I have made that mistake and I grew from it.

In trying to glorify our awesome sport, we push words like HONOR, INTEGRITY, SPORTSMANSHIP and DISCIPLINE.  How is refusing a safety kill reflective of anything but the opposite of all of those?  Let's encourage good sportsmanship, trigger discipline and minimizing medical issues that could end a guy's weekend.  Happy to hear other opinions.

Favorite airsoft movie quotes:

I'm a plastic farmer, mother f***er!

I love the smell of green gas in the morning.  It smells like.....victory.

Milsim is too important to be left to the politicians.  They have neither the time, the training nor the inclination for strategic thought.

Tylor aka ripper

Tylor aka ripper

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationWashington
For number 3 yes a hard bunker or tree protects u from a grenade and number 1 on saftey kill yes they can spin and shoot but then they run the risk of getting shot with potentialy a 400 fps gun so i would recomend u take the hit (sorry i could only awnser 2 questions i am still very new to all milsim)

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• AMS Founders
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx

New to AMS but not to milsim.  I tried to find these clarifications in the forums and rules but could not.  If there is a good thread on this kind of stuff or a forum I am missing please advise.  Questions at the beginning and safety kill commentary at the end.

Grenades:  thunder Bs are listed in the rules under frag grenades, but I read later in the rule set that they only count as frags if used in a suicide attack.  

Thunder B's are lethal within 15ft regardless.  The reference to a suicide device is actually left over from when the rules were a little different.  Hard cover is defined as anything that you can not easily knock a hole through with your hand/fist.  Hard cover protects you from a grenade.  A suicide attack would be someone running into a group of people with a grenade in their hand.  The reference exists in the ruleset because we used to require a bb strike to eliminate players when they were outdoors, this is no longer the case so  will remove that line from the ruleset to avoid confusion.

1. are thunder Bs NOT lethal in normal combat?

2. are thunder Bs allowed to be loaded with BBs to make them lethal in normal combat?

3. does soft cover (brush, small trees) protect you from a grenade?

4. what constitutes a suicide attack?

Rockets:  In the POV explanation it notes that a rocket must hit the front of a vehicle so the driver can see it.  

1. can a POV hit be called (not in the front) by an admin?

This may happen, but we do not typically have admins looking at every single vehicle.  This rule exists to make it more simple for players to engage vehicles without requiring an admin to be present every time someone shoots a vehicle and the vehicle doesn't know that they were hit.  This rule exists based on the experience that staff have from past events.  There are however many times that I have seen vehicles call hits on their own when they were hit other places besides the front of the vehicle. 

Bleedout:  rules state I can yell or radio for a medic.

1. After I am hit, do I HAVE to stay for my 5 minute bleedout, or can I choose to return to respawn immediately?

You are required to wait at least 5 minutes for your bleed out regardless of how many bandages you have remaining.  This is a requirement every time you get hit.

2. When I RADIO for a medic, can I tell them my position? 

No, you may only say you need a medic.  You may also yell so that they can find you, but no additional communication is allowed.

DAM:

1. can I sign up for a DAM as a single, or are these for teams only?

All dam registration is by single players.

Safety Kills:  We have a zero foot Minimum Engagement Distance.  You may offer safety kills, but they are not required.  If you have the drop on someone, there is not reason based on the ruleset (which everyone should be aware of at time of registration) to not expect that you may be shot within very close range at our event.  I personally will always take the hit is someone has the drop on me and says "bang", but it is not required and should not be expected.

My job is to clarify and enforce policy, not to make policy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users