5 replies to this topic

dustinbovee

dustinbovee

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello everyone!

If this is in the wrong topic section I apologize....but I have a few questions.

Let me introduce myself.  My name is Dustin and I have been playing airsoft for about 2 years now and I will be going to Copperhead 3.  It will be my first MilSim of any kind.  I will be playing for the PSA.

If anybody could answer my ?'s I would greatly appreciate it.

I would like to bring a cooler full of ice to keep my liquids cold.  It's rugged and has huge outdoor wheels so i wont have to actually carry it.  Of course I will share with my squaddies.  I spent two years in Iraq(SAW gunner 11B)and to this day warm water/liquids makes me gag.

1.)  Will I be able to wheel the cooler to the FOB or will it have to stay in my car?  If it stays in the car, will I have regular access to it?

2.)  Or, Will I have to put everything I need/want in a Rucksack and carry that to the FOB and live out of my rucksack and assault bag?

3.) Where do we sleep?  Im asking so that I know what kind of sleeping gear and shelter to bring.

4.) Dumb question but I'll ask anyway/ Do we even have a FOB where we can store the majority of our gear and operate with our assault pack or do we have to carry everything with us?

I think that's about it.  Thank you ahead of time for answering my questions.  

Dustin

Specs

Specs

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Arkansas

Thank you ahead of time for answering my questions.  

Dustin

First things first, Welcome to the community and thanks for your service! 

1. You can have your cooler at your faction's FOB or in your car. You will likely be responsible for getting it out to the FOB (possibly by foot if admins aren't permitting player traffic on the play-site. You can always go back to your car, but that may or may not be a long walk for you to and from depending on the event and site.

2. You can also carry everything with you if that's the level of realism that you want. Badass points abounds there.

3. Sleeping arrangements vary on an event-by-event basis. Most* sites will have camping areas and on-base sites will occasionally have open bunkers for a small fee. There are always hotels and BnB's of course. RV hookups are rare, so if that's your thing, plan on brining a generator.

4. Yes, FOB's are an AMS staple at events. Typically your faction will have 1 or more green walled green canvas tents that you can leave your stuff in/around depending on your leadership's preferences. If you ask nicely, they may truck your cooler to the FOB for you in their utility vehicles.

As far as cold water goes, many also put ice in or freeze their bladders, which stay cool most of the day. Other's have also been trying the new Qore Ice Plate.

As I always recommend, label your FOB belongings clearly with name / number / address and never leave anything of major value. Always keep your car locked as well with anything in side covered or out of view. Our community consists of some pretty honorable people, but we do occasionally get some scum players that waltz in and pocket stuff. 

Founder and SQL of Ozark Mountain Milsim.

Need a patch design? Team need some branding? T-shirts are fine too. Check me out at Specs Airsoft Design.

My business page here.

My professional site here.

TheJP

TheJP

AMS MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 3,282 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, OK

On point Specs, thanks!

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
THEJP
Facebook.com/THEJPAMS

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• AMS Founders
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx

This site is very remote. There will be camping available, but the nearest hotels are about 45 miles away. We will have transportation to the fobs for gear.

My job is to clarify and enforce policy, not to make policy.

dustinbovee

dustinbovee

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

First things first, Welcome to the community and thanks for your service! 

1. You can have your cooler at your faction's FOB or in your car. You will likely be responsible for getting it out to the FOB (possibly by foot if admins aren't permitting player traffic on the play-site. You can always go back to your car, but that may or may not be a long walk for you to and from depending on the event and site.

2. You can also carry everything with you if that's the level of realism that you want. Badass points abounds there.

3. Sleeping arrangements vary on an event-by-event basis. Most* sites will have camping areas and on-base sites will occasionally have open bunkers for a small fee. There are always hotels and BnB's of course. RV hookups are rare, so if that's your thing, plan on brining a generator.

4. Yes, FOB's are an AMS staple at events. Typically your faction will have 1 or more green walled green canvas tents that you can leave your stuff in/around depending on your leadership's preferences. If you ask nicely, they may truck your cooler to the FOB for you in their utility vehicles.

As far as cold water goes, many also put ice in or freeze their bladders, which stay cool most of the day. Other's have also been trying the new Qore Ice Plate.

As I always recommend, label your FOB belongings clearly with name / number / address and never leave anything of major value. Always keep your car locked as well with anything in side covered or out of view. Our community consists of some pretty honorable people, but we do occasionally get some scum players that waltz in and pocket stuff. 

Thank you so much for your time and for answering my questions!!

dustinbovee

dustinbovee

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

This site is very remote. There will be camping available, but the nearest hotels are about 45 miles away. We will have transportation to the fobs for gear.

Ok 

Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users