• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Teflon

Teflon

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
So I have to say that the new rule change to the fps limits for how BOLT action sniper was very confusing! When I signed up... Limit was 43x fps with .32.... Only to get to the event and find out if was changed to 370 fps.

Rifleman was 320
Dmr 355
Sniper bolt was 370!!!!

Why the change? And if you consider the engagement distance...it seems that a semi dmr was just a few .xx Joules less with closer engagement distance Than my bolt sniper rifle. Can someone please show the logic behind this....as it seemed very unfair for bolt sniper running wolverine bolt sniper.

Are you going by Joules....or fps? Chrono was strictly fps at bh6...I think it was very crushing for those of us who geared up for hpa sniper?

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• AMS Founders
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx
The DMR and Rifleman is measured with .20 and the HPA rifles are measured with .32 BBs. When you run the Joule conversion, it comes out to the same as 550 with the .20 This is how we have done HPA rifles for some time. This was a change made prior to Iron Clad because of the drop in HPA bolts that hit the market for sniper rifles, but because I spaced it out, I did not clarify it in the ruleset. This was my mistake, and I will get it taken care of.
My job is to clarify and enforce policy, not to make policy.

Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico

Dark Horse Approved™

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • LocationWichita KS
Alex,
Can you please explain why AMS has changed the rules on the hpa bolts?

Alpha Company

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• AMS Founders
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx

Its the same reason we chrono all hpa guns with the heavier bbs. Previously there just werent HPA bolt guns, but since there are now, we just began chronoingbthem in the same fashion as the other hpa guns.

KsWrench

KsWrench

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Except that 370/.32 is only 2.02J, whereas spring guns are allowed to use up 550/.20, which is 2.8J.

I agree that Joule Creep is something to be countered, but even power levels should be the target.

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• AMS Founders
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx

You seem to be correct, let me get back to you once I see what were doing. I dont have all my docs in front of me right now. The power level should be the target.

MIRBS

MIRBS

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

http://cdn2.bigcomme...t-fps-chart.gif

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• AMS Founders
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx

Thats the conversion chart I was looking at too. It looks like we goofed up. Ill get the new HPA bolt rules put up, but with the correct FPSs. Sorry guys, I didnt double check what had been put out to the chrono guys.

Teflon

Teflon

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I appreciate the correction...it totally changed my game...the bbs I brought and set up were way off the mark...i was lucky to get a decent shot off further than 200 feet due to bb dropping at lower fps. Had it been correct...i would have had my 300 ft range back. YEAH!!!!!!

Now I will return to AMS event ready for the correct fps and be able to play the role.

Note:I had argued this at the event but no one wanted to dig in to it or make the change. Thanks to all for contributing to this thread!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users