American MilSim
Callsign-Hammer

Need help with my first SSW loadout

So, I've got my heart set on making an M249 loadout. I'm pretty confident I'm going to get the A&K M249 MK1, but I have never done an SSW loadout before, so I have absolutely no clue what I should invest in. Will I need extra mags? What pouches can I use? Are there any necessary improvements I need to make on the gun? How did I get this disease? What are my treatment options? Anything you may know will help me, as I know not what I do!

To start welcome to the club, as for a M249 platform I would recommend investing in a Classic Army from what I've experienced they're a little more durable. As for box mags I would recommend the Mag bring nutsack mags as they're the smallest high cap you'll find on the market. But for all intensive purposes I'd recommend a MK43 over an M249 because they're easier to load and the mags always wear out quicker than othe SSW's I have.

I saw look up actual ssw kits from actual cool guys. And base it around that. More than likely two saw pouches at the front and that's it. Also the usmc 200 round saw pouches are cheap on eBay

I run a M249 para, carry the one spare mag I am allowed in a backpack and then have a pistol on my regular belt, no battle belt. That being said gear wise i go super light. Store most gear at the FOB.  Mobility and positioning are key in my opinion to laying waste to the opfor. 

The A&K trigger WILL lock up on you causing continuous fire until you pull the batteries - replace it!

at OBH You are allowed 3000 rds total to carry for the saw, the standard box will carry 2000+. You are allowed to

carry another box for the remaining 1000 rds, so your choice for carry bag. Carry a pistol (w 2x mags at least) for

MED is 60 ft with the saw. Get a GOOD 2 point sling for the saw since it weighs 15+ lbs. You will find the

deployable legs aren't very useful, I put Velcro on the back of the legs and in the bottom of the grip to keep

them tucked in. Run a kit as light as you can but carries water and some power bars.