American MilSim
Callsign-Hammer

Georgia optimal pattern?

Hey, I'm thinking about making a loadout with a pattern that would actually work for my local environment. I live in northern Georgia, anyone have any ideas? Right now I have M81 and MARPAT on my list of possibilities. The only woodland pattern I have officially ruled out is Multicam Tropic, the reasons being it's high price tag and it's ability to appear similar to standard Multicam transitional. 

I live in Marietta and around these parts in the summer multicam is actually really good. M81 makes you look like a black blob from a distance, whereas multicam makes you appear like a greenish blob - fitting in better in the foliage and underbrush. However in the spring when everything is super bright green multicam tropic is probably better, or even Pencott Greenzone (which isn't allowed at AMS events but I'm assuming you're just asking in general). In the fall and winter multicam blends in really well with the brown/tanish hues.

TLDR: year round I'd recommend multicam, but it sucks in the spring

Focus more on your tradecraft than your base pattern.  Learning how to move slowly, route choice, picking concealment, and staying in the shadows (and more if you sit and hash it out) will give you more of an advantage than which particular shade of forest green and brown you choose.  Slight advantages might be gained from one pattern to the next, but if you aren't covering your face/arms/hands then the advantage may be negligible.

My recommendation is go to a local skirmish, pick out guys wearing different patterns, and ask them to do a "stand by that bush" experiment.  If you look up Georgia hunting forums you can probably find a "what pattern to wear pl0x" thread with much better information.

uscamobiomap.jpg

Great resource brother!

I may stick with Multicam for now. I do most of my airsofting in the Winter and Fall anyway. The only deciding factor would be Power Ops' Post Apocalyptic-themed field, which is VERY lush and green from what I've seen, but I haven't had the chance to go yet.