• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Lets_boogie

Lets_boogie

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Looking to do a milsims this year 2017. I have a aeg krytac crb mk2 fully upgraded. I shoot around 435 fps depending the size of bb. I want to run or try to run a assault/rifleman class. With fps over 400 would this rifle be considered a DMR.

Zone

Zone

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationOlathe, KS

Its an M4 variant, so no it will not be considered a DMR.  If you're shooting over 400 fps with 0.20g bbs, then it will not pass chrono.

Op: Broken Home II             CoST Army Sniper

Op: End State Route-19 II    CDF Group 5 Sniper

Op: Broken Home III            CoST 1st PLT Sniper

Op: Broken Home IV            CoST Alpha Co. 2-2  Sniper

Op: Rebel Yell III                  CDF 1st PLT Sniper

Op: Broken Home V             CoST 1-1 Sniper

Op: Broken Home VI            CoST   TBD

www.adastraairsoft.com    www.facebook.com/adastraairsoft

Lets_boogie

Lets_boogie

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

so i can only shoot up to 400 with m4 / assault class.  If i use a heaver bb and its below 400 would that still count?

Fallon

Fallon

American MilSim Member

• Black Label Member
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
http://americanmilsi...set/#entry26440

Read the rules! It clearly states 400fps with .20s for rifleman.

You'll have to change your spring or make it shoot semi auto ONLY for DMR.

Specs

Specs

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Arkansas

As mentioned above, only rifles who's real counterpart are considered DMR's are permitted under the DMR class at AMS events. 

As far as your FPS issue, yes you'll need to swap your spring for a lower power one. Changing your BB weight doesn't effect the amount of force your gun puts behind it. A heavier BB will travel slower, but retain the amount of force on impact. 

The 400 FPS limit is particularly important for rifleman, as they have a 0 minimum engagement distance, and 400 is already considered high for that by some. Passing that limit greatly increases the chance of hurting someone in a point blank fire situation such as coming around a corner or if someone passes in front of you when firing out of a window.

Founder and SQL of Ozark Mountain Milsim.

Need a patch design? Team need some branding? T-shirts are fine too. Check me out at Specs Airsoft Design.

My business page here.

My professional site here.

Callsign-Hammer

Callsign-Hammer

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Ga

As mentioned above, only rifles who's real counterpart are considered DMR's are permitted under the DMR class at AMS events. 

As far as your FPS issue, yes you'll need to swap your spring for a lower power one. Changing your BB weight doesn't effect the amount of force your gun puts behind it. A heavier BB will travel slower, but retain the amount of force on impact. 

The 400 FPS limit is particularly important for rifleman, as they have a 0 minimum engagement distance, and 400 is already considered high for that by some. Passing that limit greatly increases the chance of hurting someone in a point blank fire situation such as coming around a corner or if someone passes in front of you when firing out of a window.

Its an M4 variant, so no it will not be considered a DMR.  If you're shooting over 400 fps with 0.20g bbs, then it will not pass chrono.

The rules state that an M16 would count as a DMR. Since it's basically an elongated M4 (same ammunition and everything), wouldn't a simple barrel mod and Fire Selection mod effectively label it as a DMR?  With those mods, it would no longer be catigorized as a carbine, by definition. "Some examples of a DMR are - M16, SR-25, PSG-1, M14/M21, G36, AUG, G3-SG3, Dragunov (SVD) etc..." <-- Quoted from the ruleset.

Mica O'Neal
Callsign- "Hammer"
Weapon of Choice- KWA CQR Mod-1
"The most important thing in the Olympics is not to win, but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well" -Pierre de Coubertin, founder of the Olympic Games

Callsign-Hammer

Callsign-Hammer

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

I'm saying either let him use it as his Krytac as a DMR  provided he applies the previously stated mods, or remove M16 from the list of DMR examples and, therefore, from the list of acceptable DMRs. Otherwise it's misleading, and, that being said, Lets_Boogie was fully justified in asking this question. It's a relevant question that deserves a relevant answer and explanation that addresses the topic, rather that yelling at him to "read the rules". I just did, and I found a quote that conflicted the topic in less that 5 seconds. Read the rules yourself, why don't you? If a 15-year-old can do it, so can you.

Mica O'Neal
Callsign- "Hammer"
"The most important thing in the Olympics is not to win, but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well" -Pierre de Coubertin, founder of the Olympic Games

Specs

Specs

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Arkansas

I'm saying either let him use it as his Krytac as a DMR  provided he applies the previously stated mods, or remove M16 from the list of DMR examples and, therefore, from the list of acceptable DMRs. Otherwise it's misleading, and, that being said, Lets_Boogie was fully justified in asking this question. It's a relevant question that deserves a relevant answer and explanation that addresses the topic, rather that yelling at him to "read the rules". I just did, and I found a quote that conflicted the topic in less that 5 seconds. Read the rules yourself, why don't you? If a 15-year-old can do it, you can too.

Before you take to the forums to tear us all a new one, perhaps you should consider his question to start with. He didn't mention modification or converting the rifle in question. He asked if his gun would currently qualify as a DMR class weapon, and with full auto capability, no. He can't. 

Now as you mentioned, if he did in fact mod for semi-only and increased his barrel length, that would technically qualify the weapon as a DM class weapon and be eligible for those FPS limits if AMS gave the okay. No-one here was slapping hands. We were answering questions. Fallon's comment on the rules was in regards to FPS limits, not the DMR classification question. Take a deep breath and offer dialogue and conversation, rather than point fingers.

In regards to your M16 classification question, that is valid since there are a few rifles that fire 5.56 NATO that fall under the DMR category, MK12's as well. So IMHO, they still belong under the permitted rifles for DM's. That being said, they should be set up visually to stand out from other rifles in the squad structure. For that reason I still personally advocate for DM's to opt for a larger cartridge rifle of choice to make that an easier distinction such as an SR-25, M14 (EBR variant or not), or FN SCAR.

Founder and SQL of Ozark Mountain Milsim.

Need a patch design? Team need some branding? T-shirts are fine too. Check me out at Specs Airsoft Design.

My business page here.

My professional site here.

Callsign-Hammer

Callsign-Hammer

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Wasn't meaning to sound passive-aggressive. Sorry about that. Just proposing a counter-rebuttal. And yeah, you're right, if he wants to play a rifleman he needs to mod the spring, or else mod it to be a DMR. Just wanted to present an alternative option rather than calling him incompetent like some of the others guys on here. Sorry again for sounding like a douche!

Mica O'Neal
Callsign- "Hammer"

Dave

Dave

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 956 posts
  • LocationOKC

Read the rules yourself, why don't you? If a 15-year-old can do it, so can you.

Young master hammer,

Post less, read more IMHO.

Callsign-Hammer

Callsign-Hammer

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Young master hammer,

Post less, read more IMHO.

Noted.

Mica O'Neal
Callsign- "Hammer"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users