AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook. ×
American MilSim
AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook.
Callsign-Hammer

KWA NOT SEMI-AUTO-ING!

Hey, I don't know the first thing about Airsoft Teching. My KWA CQR Mod-1 has recently been having trouble with semi auto, sometimes just going full-auto without warning. It stops whenever I let go of the trigger, so it's controllable at least, but it's hella inconvenient, and could potentially get me in trouble at MilSim events and other semi-auto-only games. It doesn't happen very often, in fact it's only happened a couple times, but it's still a bit concerning. What should I do? Is this normal? Should I be worried? I need help!

Not a huge problem at all ,it sounds like your cut off lever is worn out all you need is to buy another  one and take it to a Tech  over at SS in atlanta if you don't feel comfortable taking it down yourself. 

Thanks for the help! I'll look into a new lever very soon. Should I do this very quickly, or do you think it could wait a bit? In other words, is it an immediate problem that should be fixed immediately before it gets worse?

Order a cutoff lever for a version 2 gearbox. Cost is maby $2.00. The shipping will probably be more than the part.

I agree with the guys above - most likely the cutoff lever is being raised on the first semi shot, but it stays up (probably

sticking) and this will cause the gun to shoot full auto until you release the trigger. You will need this fixed before you

attend any AMS events cause for some stupid reason AMS believes we can't control our bursts and requires us

troopies to shoot semi for all AEGs.

I buy all my tech parts through luis at brill armory lots of parts for great prices

retro arms is what i would recommend a little more pricey but it will last you and you won't have fitment issues 

http://www.brillarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=46&products_id=437

or lonex 

http://www.brillarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=46&products_id=210