AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook. ×
American MilSim
AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook.
Spoof

Event Ticket Price Increases

Hey all, was hoping an official AMS staff could let me/us in as to the reason for the ticket price increasing for events over the few years (moreso specifically Broken Home). I will be attending BH:6, but I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering about this. I know it sounds stingy but hear me out...

What's the reason for the price increase? 2016 was $125.00, and I believe it was cheaper a year or so before that. We had the choppers last year (albeit it's sold as a seperate ticket), and all the airsoft SWAG too - so what exactly are we paying more for? What is being added to the experience?

I doubt AMS is pocketing $165 per player and smiling all the way to the bank. Things like this cost money. as with anything, prices increase on stuff. I dont know any financials with anything related to AMS but Im sure all the staff on hand are not spending a weekend of their time watching you shoot BBs for their health, Im sure people wanna get something for their time. Different AOs cost more to use, especially Govt facilities which events push $200. I'm sure most of that is for the facility fee. As for BH, Its a small increase. $150 last year, $165 this year. Last year was $135 pre-reg. 

Plus as time goes on, Supply & Demand factors in. We are capitalists after all. 

I doubt AMS is pocketing $165 per player and smiling all the way to the bank. Things like this cost money. as with anything, prices increase on stuff. I dont know any financials with anything related to AMS but Im sure all the staff on hand are not spending a weekend of their time watching you shoot BBs for their health, Im sure people wanna get something for their time. Different AOs cost more to use, especially Govt facilities which events push $200. I'm sure most of that is for the facility fee. As for BH, Its a small increase. $150 last year, $165 this year. Last year was $135 pre-reg. 

Plus as time goes on, Supply & Demand factors in. We are capitalists after all. 

Guess I was off a little with the previous price.

The thing is though is I can see this really affecting mainly the players who come solo, unless you really love the sport.

I'm not trying to say AMS is being greedy or anything like at all. I enjoy AMS events, and it really is a blast. We all have our financial limits, and yep, as you said supply and demand is always a factor.

I always see these types of posts after there is a price increase... Let me try and help bring some transparency.

When we typically raise event pricing because a good or service price has increased, i.e. cost to lease AO, event insurance (Which always increases every year) and hard-goods (costs of patches, etc...).

Keep in mind what you receive as a player at OBH and almost all AMS events vs others in the industry:

• The Event itself with a professional staff that is PAID not volunteer. 
  • Event PVC patch
  • Event VET PVC patch
  • Event T-Shirt (OBH only)
  • Faction Patch (embroidered) (OBH only)
  • Faction Stickers
  • Event Raffle ticket (to which I'd argue are the best raffles in the industry)

Understand we try and keep our events as cost effective as possible and never look to gouge our customers. Also, keep in mind we (AMS owners) are all players first -- but costs change from time to time and we have to keep pace with them. 

To help players afford AMS events we do have a few programs which to my knowledge are industry firsts and the only ones in existence on a permanent basis...

1. We offer the Support Staff role to help minimize the cost for players that maybe can't afford an event. For work 4-7 hours after the event helping the AMS staff you get a 75% refund + a Support Staff PVC Patch!  

2. We also offer a Black Card membership that reduces all ticketing by 20% and 20% off the AMS store and Free HPA Air Fills not to mention the Friday night dinner. DO a little math and you can see if pays for itself after 4 events or even 3 of the more expensive AMS events (GTI, CH and IH).

Hope this helps shed some light on the price change and how to mitigate it if needed.

Regards,

JP

Wow really? You are so blinded by your side that you had to represent Cost 5 times in your post JP. Get over yourself fool. LOL

The PRIDE runs deep ;)

P.S.

#COSTPRIDE

P.P.S.

Please don't kill me at OBH ;)

I always see these types of posts after there is a price increase... Let me try and help bring some transparency.

When we typically raise event pricing because a good or service price has increased, i.e. cost to lease AO, event insurance (Which always increases every year) and hard-goods (costs of patches, etc...).

Keep in mind what you receive as a player at OBH and almost all AMS events vs others in the industry:

• The Event itself with a professional staff that is PAID not volunteer. 
  • Event PVC patch
  • Event VET PVC patch
  • Event T-Shirt (OBH only)
  • Faction Patch (embroidered) (OBH only)
  • Faction Stickers
  • Event Raffle ticket (to which I'd argue are the best raffles in the industry)

Understand we try and keep our events as cost effective as possible and never look to gouge our customers. Also, keep in mind we (AMS owners) are all players first -- but costs change from time to time and we have to keep pace with them. 

To help players afford AMS events we do have a few programs which to my knowledge are industry firsts and the only ones in existence on a permanent basis...

1. We offer the Support Staff role to help minimize the cost for players that maybe can't afford an event. For work 4-7 hours after the event helping the AMS staff you get a 75% refund + a Support Staff PVC Patch!  

2. We also offer a Black Card membership that reduces all ticketing by 20% and 20% off the AMS store and Free HPA Air Fills not to mention the Friday night dinner. DO a little math and you can see if pays for itself after 4 events or even 3 of the more expensive AMS events (GTI, CH and IH).

Hope this helps shed some light on the price change and how to mitigate it if needed.

Regards,

JP

Awesome. Thanks for the explanation, I really appreciate the transparency. Really sucks about the insurance costs, but I suppose that is only natural considering the nature of the sport. I know you guys aren't trying to gouge anyone, in the end, we all just wanna have fun playing the game.

See you at BH:6 lads.