AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook. ×
American MilSim
AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook.
VoodooFDF

CoST "10 hrs away from parking lot" logistical questions

Sorry guys, newb questions here. We're 10 hours away from our cars...

1) Porta pottys, or bring a shovel?

2) Shelter, setup a tent at FOB?

3) Charging? I was planning on back up charging in car. (Iphone and things that dont have spare batteries?)

4) Smoke breaks? If we field strip, is smoking acceptable at FOB?

5) If FOB's are attackable, what happens to our stuff if the area is held by enemy? How do we get to our PopTarts?

Im sorry if these have been covered, please forgive the newbness!

#1-not sure 

#2-I would not bring you own. Chances are it'll be unusable later. the entire AO (that is in bounds) is in play at AT ALL TIMES with brings me to.....

#3-I honestly wouldn't bring anything you don't want to break. I bring my battery charger for my phone and ONLY take it out to check IF THE ARE NO NO NO ENEMY. big hot point here, you never know when your being watched. 

#4-people smoke, not sure about formalities,  but again the entire AO in play, this includes the FOBs. which leads into...(note:don't take your goggles off at the fob. it will not be safe.)

#5- during broken home, our fob got overrun. There were ammo boxes that could be stolen and the enemy team could only hold it for a certain amount of time. if after that time our forces could not take it back, then they were forced out. your pop tarts and my sandwiches will be safe as long as they don't get shot or trampled. 

Our squad is packing everything needed out onto the field, and we will return to the truck Saturday night to recharge everything.

(My apologies if you know this already, but once game ends everyone returns back to camping area until the next day kicks off)

Sorry guys, newb questions here. We're 10 hours away from our cars...

3) Charging? I was planning on back up charging in car. (Iphone and things that dont have spare batteries?)

5) If FOB's are attackable, what happens to our stuff if the area is held by enemy? How do we get to our PopTarts?

Porta Potties onsite.

Each Faction will ahve a FOB tent for players gear.

Can be done in your car there is no public power.

Yes.

You can't access your stuff at your FOB while being held by an enemy (unless you are dead).
Im sorry if these have been covered, please forgive the newbness!

Thank you very much! That helped alot! One last clarification about #3). We will have access to the parking lot during game? Or you mean during the off hours? Im interpreting it as 10 hours no access to parking lot till exercise is over...

And one new question. Is a wheeled storage bin transportable to FOB, or is that overkill? Should I stick with backpacks?

Thank you again for your patience folks!

You can take as much as you're willing to haul. We took a huge box to IC:2 and had to carry it all the way across Camp Shelby. When we went to IH:1 we had all of our stuff in backpacks and ditched the box.

Thank you all so much! I was planning based on last years schedule I thought, which had a break. The clarification of '10 hour straight, on the other end of AO' was a great surprise. I had to rethink this entire event and my approach. In paintball it was skirmish then tailgate, repeat. I now see this is a full 10 hour immersion!!! Im nervous and cant wait!!!! My poor wife though is just nervous....