AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook. ×
American MilSim
AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook.
Peaches

Grenadier Load out Question

A friend and myself plan to go to an event next year. We're taking this year to gather gear and test and refining them.

My primary will be an ares amoeba am-013 with an m203. Secondary will be ef 1911 tac. I'll also have available a gen 1 nvg rifle scope and peq (this is more because a local crew runs night games near me).

I plan to go as a grenadier, but having only done this is skirmishes, I was hoping I could get advice.

I am planning to run two simultaneous set ups. A chest rig with six built in mag pouches, eight 40mm pouches, radio pouch. And two grenade pouches and built in hydro carrier.

My second set up will be a battle belt with straps, four 40mm pouches, two back up m4 mag pouches, medic bag, and an additional radio pouch. Two grenade pouches.

My plan is, if I want to strip down for a quick rush, I can drop my primary load from my chest rig, but have enough ammo for a skirmish.

I am fairly adapt at carrying weight over a long period, I used to do multi day hiKes in mountains, deserts and forest enviroments (not that I'm a survivalist), so I understand minimalistic approaches work best, and creating an evenly loaded weight distribution.

Presume all pouches will carry ammo (rig will have four m4 mags, belt will have two). I'll also have my hpa system running. And a backpack for extra ammo, gas, food, so are set of clothes, etc.

Should I remove any items, or be adding anything? What do you grenadiers run? Pics are most appreciated.

Thank you,

Peaches

Hey Peaches,

My teammate is running a pretty similar system as yours. Since he is using the TAG rounds out of his launcher (and you aren't allowed to reload the TAG system on the field) he doesn't carry any extra 203 rounds so he's saving a good bit of weight.

I don't run a 203, but with my HPA system I have (8) M4 mag pouches (one holds an extra dead rag and extra map), hydration pack, battle belt, dump pouch, admin pouch, and four or five thermo grenades on me.

I think the total fully loaded weight of my kit is around the 20lb mark.