8 replies to this topic

shake

shake

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Location@ nearest Krispy Kreme

New to AMS. Looking for a lil more out of my Milsim experiences. Im not one to just pick a color and run. I get that some people do, but I am a storyline kind of guy and really wanna LARP it.

Seems like this is more storyline based events. I've read the HNN news posts and posted backstory but would love to read the rest from 2014 to the now as well as the backstory of Sierra Dynamics is and how they now play into the dynamic of the game beside now just a new color scheme.

thanks

Shake

I do stuff, Pew! Pew!

Peaches

Peaches

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Following, I'd love to read what happened along the story line.

shake

shake

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Location@ nearest Krispy Kreme

guess no one is interested in a storyline. just show up and shoot.

Shake

I do stuff, Pew! Pew!

Bluefalcon

Bluefalcon

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Seems like it :(

Callsign-Hammer

Callsign-Hammer

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Ga

From my knowledge, the entire war started when UFS failed to effectively address a particularly cold winter, and a lot of people died. There were other reasons the coalition formed, but that's a big one. Another one is that the United Federal States was effectively militarizing the entire country, and enacting laws that the people despised openly, but, again, nothing was really done about it, partially because of mass Stagflation. The Pacific states were neutral until a UFS raid on a "Coalition Training installation" resulted in the death of a large amount of PSA civilians. That's when the Pacific states got involved militarily, and they've been on the offensive ever since, taking the fight to UFS through highly aggressive tactics and strategies. Through CoST and PSA's eyes, the UFS government is corrupt and should be overthrown. Through the eyes of UFS, there is a lot on their plate, and they were ill-equipped to effectively handle the situations in question, but they also believe that CoST is effectively a well-equipped terrorist cell causing unnecessary instability and violence. Sierra Dynamics is a very new faction, so it doesn't have much of a storyline yet, but from what I've gathered they are a private military that provide weapons, vehicles, and equipment to the federal armed forces.

Mica O'Neal
Callsign- "Corsac"
Weapon of Choice- KWA CQR Mod-1

"The most important thing in the Olympics is not to win, but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well" -Pierre de Coubertin, founder of the Olympic Games

Callsign-Hammer

Callsign-Hammer

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Ga

I'm sure there are people out there that know a lot more about the storyline than myself, but that's all I know. There's a timeline on the AMS website (non-forum) that I highly recommend you check out. It has a lot of information that I'm too lazy to look at, but I skimmed through it. It hasn't been updated in a few years, but it documents the couple years leading up to the war, as well as the first few years of the war itself.

http://americanmilsim.com/timeline/

Mica O'Neal
Callsign- "Corsac"
Weapon of Choice- KWA CQR Mod-1

"The most important thing in the Olympics is not to win, but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well" -Pierre de Coubertin, founder of the Olympic Games

kevgru

kevgru

UFS Command Staff

• Administrators
  • 1 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

There is a new updated storyline that incorporates all the new faction (I don't know about E10 being included on this) and what has been going on over the past year, being written up by JP. It should be uploaded soon so long as he doesn't keep slacking  ;)

Cheap Asian labor.

Bluefalcon

Bluefalcon

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Awesomeness!

TheJP

TheJP

AMS MFCEO

• Administrators
  • 3,289 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, OK

Awesomeness!

We are overhauling the site to make updating the storyline much easier for staff to update as well as people to read.

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
THEJP
Facebook.com/THEJPAMS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users