AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook. ×
American MilSim
AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook.
Sign in to follow this  
The Rick

*UPDATED* Camping/Parking/RV

This year we will be doing things MUCH different than before.  Mostly because where you parked and camp last year will be part of the active AO.

Camping.  The camping this year will be located on the WEST side of the main office building.  You may bring a grill but No Camp Fires.  We will have designated parking set up.  Meaning no camping next to your car, vehicles stay on pavement.  You may drive your car in to drop off your camping gear but we will have admins helping you so we do not have lone vehicles unattended inside the fenced area.

RV.  Will park on the pavement.  Remember, no power or water hookups.  There is an RV site .05 miles south of the facility off the highway.

Keep in mind, parking, camping and registration is in the far SW corner this year and will be accessed by the front large parking lots.  We will not be entering the AO from the guard shack like last year.  It will remain locked

Camping, Parking and Registration Map

So you mean come in via the mock interstate and use the entrance just past the administrative office entrance?

​Parking with be in front of the main offices of Guardian Center.  There is a road to the left that circles around and enters the property through a gate.  I have one of the maps done and will have it posted this weekend.

Hey Rick, just to make sure I'm reading it right - those of us with RVs or large trailers can park on the asphalt and sleep in our rigs correct? We are pulling a 20 something foot trailer for our squad to sleep in.

Thanks in advance!

Hey Rick, just to make sure I'm reading it right - those of us with RVs or large trailers can park on the asphalt and sleep in our rigs correct? We are pulling a 20 something foot trailer for our squad to sleep in.

Thanks in advance!

Correct

Yes sir.  Please be respectful to the business still conducting business on Friday.  We do not want guys running around in boxers in the parking lot etc during business hours.  I agree this should not happen but better set the expectation now.  =)

Thank you for bringing such a large group.  The asphalt is for parking and RV's.  If you are camping you can drive through the gate to drop off your tent/gear then must depart to the parking.  Hope this help!

Yes sir.  Please be respectful to the business still conducting business on Friday.  We do not want guys running around in boxers in the parking lot etc during business hours.  I agree this should not happen but better set the expectation now.  =)

Thank you for bringing such a large group.  The asphalt is for parking and RV's.  If you are camping you can drive through the gate to drop off your tent/gear then must depart to the parking.  Hope this help!

No worries there, we will be rolling in fairly late Friday after we all get off work. Fortunately this OP is only a couple of hours away from us! See ya'll there.

Sign in to follow this