• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Slayer213345

Slayer213345

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I would say that it looks exactly the same.

Thanks! I was thinking the same thing, just wanted to make sure before I bought anything new.

Callsign-Hammer

Callsign-Hammer

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Ga

No more Kryptek? Damn. Got myself a nice set of Mandrakes. </3

Mica O'Neal
Callsign- "Corsac"
Weapon of Choice- KWA CQR Mod-1

"The most important thing in the Olympics is not to win, but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well" -Pierre de Coubertin, founder of the Olympic Games

Callsign-Hammer

Callsign-Hammer

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

You ask me? CoST got the short end of the stick here. Only camo up there worth buying (In my opinion) is Multicam Tropic. Honestly tempted to swap over to UFS over this. Note: I am not, in any way, mad at the staff, nor mad at anyone. I'm merely expressing my irritation at the situation and it's inconvenience to myself. 

Edit: Switched to UFS. #UFSWARMACHINE!

Mica O'Neal
Callsign- "Corsac"

"The most important thing in the Olympics is not to win, but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well" -Pierre de Coubertin, founder of the Olympic Games

VoodooFDF

VoodooFDF

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationFlorida
Hey, new to AMS! Ive read all the rules, watched the videos, sold my kids, bought gear and now I just have these questions for staff.

1) Im new, so I dont know how serious you guys take your greens. I have several green sets of BDUs from the last 25 years. They were always called OD green, but each set I have could pass for every shade of green on a cerakote or duracoat chart. Judging by the desrt camo response, If it looks green it should pass?

2) Ive seen requests, and approvals to wear Gorkas. It being a BDU style uniform and green (or tan for UFS)...will they continue to be allowed? (Im sure the Russians would be giving away crates of Gorkas and AKs to both sides ).

Thanks for organizing the airsoft community for such incredible events!! This is what I dreamed of 25 years ago when all we had was marker pistols....AMS is a positive direction for airsoft, as well as MilSim, and I hope to support AMS for years to come! Great job on successfully accomplishing what seems like an incredible logistical nightmare!!

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• AMS Founders
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx

They cut of the uniform doesn't matter.  Just the color/pattern.  There will be some discussion about some of these things in the near future.

My job is to clarify and enforce policy, not to make policy.

VoodooFDF

VoodooFDF

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationFlorida
Thank you so much. And again, thanks for these great events! Am I safe to assume my Gorka (green, no camo) wont cost my team points?

RangerFox

RangerFox

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationJacksonville Florida

So whats the Headwear for Sierra Dynamics? 

and whats the backstory on the Faction?

Stay Locked Cocked and Ready to Rock! RF OUT!

Milsim Experiences,

MGP:

Wasteland IV

Amerika II

TACOPS VI

AMS:

OP IRONHORSE

Future:

IronClad III (Likely)

Faded Giant VI (May change)

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• AMS Founders
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx

There will be a little information released over time regarding Sierra Dynamics.  They can wear Black, Grey, or White camo headgear.

My job is to clarify and enforce policy, not to make policy.

RangerFox

RangerFox

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationJacksonville Florida

Thanks Alex, That helps alot!

Stay Locked Cocked and Ready to Rock! RF OUT!

Milsim Experiences,

MGP:

Wasteland IV

Amerika II

TACOPS VI

AMS:

OP IRONHORSE

Future:

IronClad III (Likely)

Faded Giant VI (May change)

Bluefalcon

Bluefalcon

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I have a question, if I am wearing OD pants and a woodland BDU shirt, would that be allowed, or do I need to aquire some woodland BDU pants?

Callsign-Hammer

Callsign-Hammer

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

+BlueFalcon I don't think you can mix-and-match BDU camos. The only time you can mix camos from my knowledge is your gear, which can be any military color or camo pattern (Except for the helmet, which must match your faction color). The reason I say this is because in the rules it states that squads are assigned partially based off of what camo you wear. For example, one squad may have nothing but Multicam BDUs, one squad may have nothing but MARPAT-D BDUs, etc. Mixing camos would kind-of mess up this system. I could be completely wrong, so be sure to check with an admin before making the purchase. If you're someone else, and you don't have any BDUs, I'd get a matching set just to be safe. 

Mica O'Neal
Callsign- "Corsac"

Toad

Toad

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
The "uniform tops and bottoms must match" rule was removed early last year. You are allowed to mix and match camo patterns as long as you only use the patterns from your faction. EG, MC Tropic bottoms and a RG top is fine. But MC Tropic Bottoms and a Black top is not fine.

Toad

Toad

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Edit: Accidental double post from mobile

Bucket

Bucket

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Do tops and bottoms have to match?

EDIT: Disregard this post.

Aattuu66

Aattuu66

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Let's say I have a digital desert tan top but In my kit I run tan cargo pants would this work or will I have to buy digital ACU pants for ufs

Aattuu66

Aattuu66

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Accidental double post

Maxxe22

Maxxe22

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationCabot, AR

I got this coming in from airsoft GI

http://www.airsoftgi...-Foliage-14424/

Is foliage count as a COST color in a green like area or do I need to cover that?

Callsign-Hammer

Callsign-Hammer

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

I got this coming in from airsoft GI

http://www.airsoftgi...-Foliage-14424/

Is foliage count as a COST color in a green like area or do I need to cover that?

I think most shades of green commonly associated with "camo green", if you will, are allowed. Foliage should be fine. Even if it's not on the list, I can't imagine anyone giving you a hard time about it. As always, better safe than sorry, but if it's already in the mail, don't worry about it.

Mica O'Neal
Callsign- "Corsac"

Callsign-Hammer

Callsign-Hammer

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Also, happy to see E-10 on here! Can't wait to see the faction in play!

Mica O'Neal
Callsign- "Corsac"

Aattuu66

Aattuu66

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Would any color of tan be approved for UFS or just a certain shade

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)