Recent Topics
Recent Facebook Activity
Upcoming Calendar Events
There are no forthcoming calendar events
Recent Status Updates
  • Photo
      15 Oct
    Mia Doll

If you really want to wear traditional dresses, just start to wear kilts. It’s the heritage of Scotland and resemblance of Scottish culture

View All Updates
December 2018
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

Next Previous
Photo

What to expect????

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

blazeraptorz2017

blazeraptorz2017

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

My team and I are new to the AM games and wish to prepare for an event close to the end of the 2017 season. I am in charge of the team and want to know a few details. At these events can we camp? Are there means for that? I would most likely bring a camper as my team is eight deep. As most of you who would respond to this already know, two is one but do we really need two of everything?? Would these events have vendors there available to make repairs and sell parts or are we needing to have all those with us? We are in Tennessee and I have seen the uniform requirements per say but these are open ended and I was wanting a definitive answer to what's required and accepted. Is there anyone in our region that has pics of what our uniform looks like? Seems like there's room for friendly fire to happen due to the uniformity! Are these events held near facilities to eat or will I need to prepare my men for carrying that in our payload? As far as radios, are there an overwhelming type or kind used? Lastly, if there is anyone over our region that could com with us to help us hone our training by letting us know what way we can best serve our teams that would be awesome. We want to train this year to be an asset and look forward to being FSU!!

Omega

SQL of Vindicators

JosephPerazzini

JosephPerazzini

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Where in Tn are you from, and do you play around the TN area? 

blazeraptorz2017

blazeraptorz2017

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Middle TN and we play at cartcon, bad karma, nashville airsoft

Omega

SQL of Vindicators

Guest_Specs_*

Guest_Specs_*
  • Guests

Gear color doesn't matter. Top, bottoms, and headwear must match faction pattern/color requirements. Those are quite clear in the ruleset.

Baofengs tend to be the most common radio used, but you do see some others. 

Whether you want to bring 2 of everything is your call. It's you and your group's responsiblity to be as prepared as you want to be. But if something goes down or you run out of something, you'll want backups.

Camping, venders, food, etc. all vary from event site to site. Look through the past archives of each one to get a better idea of facilities available in years past. 

-------------------------------------------

Let me reiterate. You are responsible for everything. I would always have food, water, and spares of all gameplay essential items. Sometimes venders are there to bail you out of a tough situation, but you shouldn't expect that.

You owe it to your faction to be wearing all proper color/patterns for your side. There is no excuse for friendly fire. ID your targets, and be easily ID'ed by your own.

blazeraptorz2017

blazeraptorz2017

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Thanks SPECS, I appreciate that. I agree with the friendly fire remarks. That was the reason for stating such. I hope to gain as much feed back as possible.

Omega

SQL of Vindicators

blazeraptorz2017

blazeraptorz2017

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

SPECS, I am not a facebooker and because of such I cant see your page. Is there any other way we can see your products?

Omega

SQL of Vindicators

Teacher

Teacher

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNE Florida

As far as uniformity goes the ruleset allows for a lot of variety for both factions. I find that Multicam if new can almost look green. Nothing against it. Faded anything can look tan also. Marpat Desert or the old chocolate chip always looks tan. Marpat woodland and woodland always look green. Wearing gear that is very green or tan can definitely reduce friendly fire. Headgear color must match your faction color (green based or tan based). I have seen some people go off of the ruleset with their uniform and I think it counts as a warcrime for their team. I also saw a guy with very faded green camouflage I did not recognize run right up beside a group of tan and they were not happy when they got lit up while realizing he was green. Matching color gear helps also but is not required. How you create your loadout is your decision. I recommend that you be very green or very tan. At least you will be less likely to be friendly fired. I just replaced my faded woodland top to be greener!

"Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of worlds."

J. Robert Oppenheimer after creating the first Atomic Bomb

Quoting Krishna, an avatar of Vishnu, from the Bhagavad-Gita.  

Guest_Specs_*

Guest_Specs_*
  • Guests

As far as uniformity goes the ruleset allows for a lot of variety for both factions. I find that Multicam if new can almost look green. Nothing against it. Faded anything can look tan also. Marpat Desert or the old chocolate chip always looks tan. Marpat woodland and woodland always look green. Wearing gear that is very green or tan can definitely reduce friendly fire. Headgear color must match your faction color (green based or tan based). I have seen some people go off of the ruleset with their uniform and I think it counts as a warcrime for their team. I also saw a guy with very faded green camouflage I did not recognize run right up beside a group of tan and they were not happy when they got lit up while realizing he was green. Matching color gear helps also but is not required. How you create your loadout is your decision. I recommend that you be very green or very tan. At least you will be less likely to be friendly fired. I just replaced my faded woodland top to be greener!

Solid advice here overall. And I don't believe there's anything in the ruleset barring you from running straight green or tan either, which is IMHO, the most team friendly you could be. The smaller side factions have their own camo regulations of course, but you can become familiar with those on an event by event basis since those pop up fairly regularly each year.

Guest_Specs_*

Guest_Specs_*
  • Guests

SPECS, I am not a facebooker and because of such I cant see your page. Is there any other way we can see your products?

Hey Blaze! I don't at the moment, but if you shoot me an email at [email protected], I could shoot you some shots of previous work. 

I would like to note that I don't produce said items, merely the design work for you to take to the merch producer of your choice. 

blazeraptorz2017

blazeraptorz2017

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

SOLID ADVICE!! I appreciate the feedback! Already moving on uniform prep. And Roger that SPECS on design. I would still like to put an idea in your hands, I also am a business owner and have need for that work in that arena. Be in touch, Over

Omega

SQL of Vindicators

Guest_Specs_*

Guest_Specs_*
  • Guests

SOLID ADVICE!! I appreciate the feedback! Already moving on uniform prep. And Roger that SPECS on design. I would still like to put an idea in your hands, I also am a business owner and have need for that work in that arena. Be in touch, Over

Sure thing. If you are needing non-airsoft related work done to, I'm a designer by trade. You can see some of my work here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users