AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook. ×
American MilSim
AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook.
LillytheRose

Patch/motto ideas?

So... I made a rough sketch of a patch I'm trying to make for my squad when I can get it up and going. I'm stuck on a good motto, but I have two thoughts, but I'm not sure on them...

One is "Kill enough, they will stop fighting"

and the other is, "Better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"

The motto's gonna be fit on the ribbon draped over the heart.

By the by, the emblem is modled after Forsaken64s logo and I don't take credit for the majority of the design. Some changes are the placement of the ribbon and a little details to the barb wire. I'm very open to ideas for both improvement on the motto and the patch in general.

I'd greatly appreciate any feedback/constrictive criticism and even tips/pointers and places I can get the patch made when it's finished.

So colors so far is the lettering is gonna be white over a grey backdrop. The heart is gonna be red, ribbon is gonna be yellow and the blood is gonna be a darker tinge to help it stand out.

post-4834-0-69480500-1480926703_thumb.jpg

Great idea, but if this is going to be  a "standard" patch size, you might want to rethink the length of your motto.  Due to it's length,  If done in vinyl, it might not be an issue.  But, if it's sewn patch, it might not be legible at that size as you can only go so fine for text when sewn (or embroidered if that's the correct term).

Great idea, but if this is going to be  a "standard" patch size, you might want to rethink the length of your motto.  Due to it's length,  If done in vinyl, it might not be an issue.  But, if it's sewn patch, it might not be legible at that size as you can only go so fine for text when sewn (or embroidered if that's the correct term).

For sure. Thanks for the pointers, and yeah, I'm definitely up to changing the motto length. or motto in general. If you've got any suggestions on what you think might be cool and might match, I'm open to them.

As for the material, I'm probably gonna do sewn. personally I don't like the look or feel of vinyl patches... Sewn just feels more traditional, I guess the word would be.