AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook. ×
American MilSim
AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook.
Mista

Lone player issues

So i have a issue with wanting to go to a event but i dont have a squad, and i play by myself. do we get thrown into a squad if were alone or do we have to reach out and find someone. i would love to go to Iron Horse, but it seems im SOL. The only field we have is skirmishes and only one guy would agree to go with me if i went. so what do i do?

Solo players will get lumped into a squad. Don't fret, honestly, I went to the first Ironhorse entirely by myself, but I made a whole bunch of friends from around the country. Since then I've squaded with many of them on and off at different events, so don't be afraid to go on your own!

Solo players will get lumped into a squad. Don't fret, honestly, I went to the first Ironhorse entirely by myself, but I made a whole bunch of friends from around the country. Since then I've squaded with many of them on and off at different events, so don't be afraid to go on your own!

This ---^

Guest Specs

Usually after you've been set up with a squad, your PL will (should) reach out to you and the rest of your squadmates for pre-event communication. So you should have some time to get to know everyone before game day.

I'll expound on what I wrote yesterday -- it was quite the rush at work so I didn't manage to type up all that I wanted to.

I got into MilSim almost entirely based on watching YouTube videos. I remember seeing all kinds of footage from Faded Giant 4 and thought "Man, I love airsoft and I really want to go to one of these MilSim events." The catch for me, though, was the fact that the airsoft community where I'm from -- near Memphis -- is really spread out and rather small. I literally didn't know anyone that would be interested in jumping into MilSim with me. I registered for Ironhorse and the DAM almost entirely on a whim and had no idea what to expect.

I drove to Perry solo and I remember how unbelievably nervous I was waiting in my car at 10:30 Friday evening before my DAM; I was a new guy that literally knew nothing or what to expect and I was almost intimidated by my DAM-mates in all their gear and equipment.

But it was here that I met two gentlemen from Wisconsin who have become very close friends of mine in airsofting (we've been to three or four events together, at this point, and we'll be rolling together again at IH2). Not just them, though, everyone on the DAM was super nice and super friendly; excited to see someone new. They taught me a lot and the DAM was an amazing experience.

The next day was the same story. I got to meet my squadmates who were super accommodating and welcoming; it was incredible to me how welcoming the airsoft community was (perhaps I was lucky in this sense) and has been as I've dragged several of my friends into the hobby. It's lit a fire in my that's fueled my passion for airsoft ever since.

After all, airsoft is about making friends and having fun! Ironhorse was an amazing event and an amazing AO, I have no doubts that you'll enjoy it -- solo or not!

I didn't realize the question was more than a logistical one (reading too fast I guess).

I'm pretty sure most people started out solo or maybe with a friend or too, but that doesn't last long. You will find people and the solo player will not last long. Put yourself out there and you'll intergrate well.

One last thing if anybody is still reading this, i want to play as a medic so does that mean that when they lump me into a squad that i get what i can take or do i have a fighting chance at it?

offer your services and it will be appreciated.

you should have a good chance of getting it. If there is already a dedicated medic watch and learn how they play so when you get the chance of being one you will do even better.