4 replies to this topic

Callsign-Hammer

Callsign-Hammer

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Ga

I've begun a project with a friend of mine to create a drone, and we're considering gearing the project towards a remote reconnaissance quad-copter, with live video feed through a tablet, instantly accessible on the field. Would this be allowed in an American Milsim op provided we achieve a drone license? I don't want to invest all of this money just to be told it's against the rules. 

Mica O'Neal
Callsign- "Hammer"
Weapon of Choice- KWA CQR Mod-1
"The most important thing in the Olympics is not to win, but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well" -Pierre de Coubertin, founder of the Olympic Games

razorjs

razorjs

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMoore,OK

Following, would be interested in knowing as I am designing an autonomous fixed wing recon drone.

Callsign-Hammer

Callsign-Hammer

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

We just got finished with designing and planning. I'm a teenager, and the person I'm working with doesn't make a substantial amount of income. We're likely going to purchase the parts over an extended period of time, likely about 3-8 months, depending on a lot of variable factors. Again, this is assuming drone usage is permitted by AMS. Still waiting on a reply from staff. It would honestly be easier to make a fixed-wing plane-like drone, but they tend to require constant control and focus. What I'm planning to do with this quad-copter is have push-button controls, and having the camera be the only thing that I need to control manually. For example, pushing a button would trigger a system of commands that will cause the drone to ascend to a predetermined altitude and hover. Another button, and it will land at a predetermined DZ. We have plans to implement a command that will allow it to surround the AO in a circular pattern. It's going to be awesome, assuming all of these features are implemented. We have decided on the acronym F.O.A.R. (Field Observation and Aerial Reconnaissance). 

Mica O'Neal
Callsign- "Hammer"
"The most important thing in the Olympics is not to win, but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well" -Pierre de Coubertin, founder of the Olympic Games

Callsign-Hammer

Callsign-Hammer

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

School (in my case) and Work (In the case of the project lead), as well as financial strain (new car, possibly new house in the future), have severely delayed the project. No definite start time can be predicted. I will continue to post progress as we go.

Mica O'Neal
Callsign- "Hammer"

blazeraptorz2017

blazeraptorz2017

New to American MilSim

• Black Label Member
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

UAV/UAG's are used in Milsim events. Read ruleset and you will find the dos and donts.

OMEGA

Omega

SQL of Vindicators

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users