AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook. ×
American MilSim
AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook.
Sign in to follow this  
Wingnut

Echo1 TRX13 or ICS Transform4

Trying to decide which will be my first airsoft rifle?

have anyone had any issues with ICS or Echo1 

and if you own either one how do you rate it?

Thanks a bunch

Guest Specs

Can't speak to ICS, but E1 is generally good. As a company they generally pick up rifles from other airsoft companies (many from cyma, but there are other brands) and then do a few slight upgrades and resell. Because of this they are typically more expensive than if you bought the original gun and upgraded it yourself. 

However, their customer service has been excellent in my case. So if you aren't much of a tech, or don't have one locally that you'd like to provide business to, then E1 is a great company to go with. They tend to have better quality control out the gate than some companies, so you might have less chances of a lemon. (Again though, can't compare to ICS in that regard.)

I've used an E1 AK700 for close to a year now, and haven't had any issues whatsoever. Great performance, and have had some very informative calls with E1 techs on maintenance and parts information.

I know you've already purchased your rifle, but I'll go ahead and post this for future reference.

I've always heard generally good things about Echo1. I've heard very few negative things about it and -- like Specs -- I own an AK700 which I've had for a little under a year at this point and absolutely love it. I've literally not touched the internals and its performs amazing, I always carry it around to MilSims because it's an extremely reliable rifle.

Now, ICS is about 50/50 with my team. I have a teammate who owns an ICS L85 which shoots amazing out of the box, there's very little wrong with that gun and its performance holds up to other rifles in my collection. On the flipside, my other teammate bought an ICS 416 which was absolute crap. One can chalk that up to him getting that one bad rifle in a thousand, but it is terrible. Awful wiring, shoots terrible, and there's nothing good to be said about it. As my team's guntech, I've seen the internals of that thing more than I have my own custom built guns.

If I were to make a firsthand recommendation, Echo1 all the way.

Thx guys Im actually excited and awaiting on delivery should be tomorrow fingers crossed

Chibipotatoes -  what size upgrade battery would you recommend vs the stock battery? and possibly any other upgrades you would recommend? 

Thx guys Im actually excited and awaiting on delivery should be tomorrow fingers crossed

Chibipotatoes -  what size upgrade battery would you recommend vs the stock battery? and possibly any other upgrades you would recommend? 

Hey, man, sorry for the late reply. Been pretty busy at work and I haven't been a on the forums as I would like, lol. Anyway, first recommendation is to get something other than the stock. I usually run Valken and Matrix NiMH or Li-po batteries. Interesting tidbit, though, is that the TRX13 runs on a 9.6 Custom type battery (if I'm not mistakn), and finding batteries of that type can be harder than others. 

Hey, man, sorry for the late reply. Been pretty busy at work and I haven't been a on the forums as I would like, lol. Anyway, first recommendation is to get something other than the stock. I usually run Valken and Matrix NiMH or Li-po batteries. Interesting tidbit, though, is that the TRX13 runs on a 9.6 Custom type battery (if I'm not mistakn), and finding batteries of that type can be harder than others. 

I have some BEC's that will let you connect any battery you want, and set the voltage anywhere between 5 and 9 volts.

They work great for oddball rifles that need weird packs.

Sign in to follow this