AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook. ×
American MilSim
AMS Forums set to ARCHIVE MODE (POSTING DISABLED). These forums will be used for historical reference, otherwise you can find the AMS event pages located on Facebook.
jdelbs18

Fort Hood Entry

Guys, one of my concerns this year is that Missouri licenses are not valid anymore on military bases or other restricted areas because MO refuses to follow federal guidelines on validating or following the procedure they want. Because of this, I would need a passport to get entry. This doesn't matter for Camp Shelby because we came in a back road but for Rebel Yell, at Gruber, we had to badge in every morning with the guard. My question is, will they be checking our IDs and checking in every morning here or are we allowed on base like we did in Shelby? I'm applying for my passport as we speak just to be sure but I would like to know if I need to rush this or not.

Thanks,

Delbs

Delbs, generally speaking, all players would enter from the Gatesville, TX gate (the north gate), which is an un-monitored entry.  I have never seen, nor heard of any issues arising from licences, other than the usual traffic stop.  

The AO is located on Range Rd, and is open to normal traffic up until the gate which significantly closer to the main base.  

Sounds like a plan. I just don't want to get everything planned, show up and then get shut down at the gate :(

Totally understand man, been there done that a few times there ;)

My dad just informed me that a missouri drivers license is god enough to get in. it is considered legit.

I we are working on that currently. My understanding is that a little has to be coordinated with 1st CAV because of training reservations, which may include TA50 for that weekend. We currently have a contingency that will not require busing in, but are working through POV pass registration with the Provost Marshals office.  We will release info as it is finalized.  We were down to the cutoff when we got approved, so there are a couple of details still to be finalized.

will 18 ft bumper pull travel trailers be allowed at this event?

Unknown at this time.  Check back a little later. 

Do you know if the passport issue will effect other states like NM or where I could find out, because as far as I know my state has'nt adopted some of the federal rules either. I'd like to attend but don't have time to get a passport.

Thanks..