American MilSim
Sign in to follow this  
OlRed

Fps limits

My gun shoots right at or a few fps over 400 with .20. But for the actual Milsim I'm going to be using .25 or .28's! Will they make any exceptions if my guns shoots faster than 400? Even if it's on by a few feet per second? This is my very first Milsim so I'm new to this! Thanks in advance for the answers!

Absolutely not, even if it is 401 fps you WILL be turned away this is the same for all events AMS hold and it is enforced strictly for safety of other players.

also all guns will chrono using elite force .20g bbs supplied by the chrono operator and will be loaded into the mag only at the chrono station under his/her supervision, even if you use .32g in a DMR build  you will chrono with a .20g to avoid less than genuine people from exploiting joule creep ,using joule creep to shoot a heavy bb at 400+fps is extremely dangerous as you can seriously hurt someone. 

my advice is take out your spring and clip 2 coils off it and that should straighten you out or just get a m100 spring to put you at around 380fps 

Timmy Horton, I suggest you read up on joule creep a little bit. If we wanted to help mitigate joule creep we would chrono EVERYTHING on a .32 or higher if chosen. I brought this issue up about GBBR's at BH4 as they were using .20's and some GBBR's can joule creep like no other. We just chrono'd a GBB sniper that shot 560 with .20's and 540 with .40's. Yeah swallow that lol

AMS chronos all AEGs and Spring guns with .2g bbs and rifles must chrono at 400fps or less.

They chrono all GBBs and HPA with .32g BBs and rifles must chrono at 320fps or less.

Also it is key to note that if you plan on chronoing multiple HPA rifles with the same regulator then the regulator must be set to 320fps for the hardest firing weapon and all the others will fire at less fps as a result.

Weve discussed many options, Im personally a bigger fan of measuring fps with the same bbs that the player will be using on the field, but its easier to standardize the bb and chrono from there.  There has been more talk as of late of making a change with the introduction of more guns that can encounter joule creep but we just havent made a decision yet.  Were always open to suggestions though.  How would you feel about using .32 bbs to chrono all guns?