Recent Topics
Recent Facebook Activity
Upcoming Calendar Events
There are no forthcoming calendar events
Recent Status Updates
  • Photo
      15 Oct
    Mia Doll

If you really want to wear traditional dresses, just start to wear kilts. It’s the heritage of Scotland and resemblance of Scottish culture

View All Updates
March 2019
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Next Previous
Photo

Snowwolf m82 hpa sniper or dmr?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

DozerFTA

DozerFTA

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Title basically explains it all. My wife has a barret 50 cal with a fusion engine and wants to run it at an op. I saw that the rules say bolt snipers but i was curious if there were exceptions in cases for real world sniper rifles that have semi auto capabilities? So 50.cal sniper dmr or sniper?

DozerFTA

DozerFTA

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Another question would be with the mag rule. The gun uses a aluminum mag that houses a vn style m4 mag. Would I be able to carry a few m4 mags on the field and swap them out of the shell or would I need to find a way to haul multiple 50 cal magazines on the field?

Zeusgod157

Zeusgod157

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationGlenpool, Oklahoma
I would say its a sniper because in the military it is registered as a sniper rifle.
E. Operators of a BA/SA rifle are required to carry either a standard AEG or sidearm to engage targets within the minimum engagement distances.
I copied this because it says bolt action or semi auto rifle and because the snowwolf m82 is a semi auto sniper it is a sniper. Hopes this helps and if anybody else wants to help with this or explain anything else that would be great if I missed anything.

DozerFTA

DozerFTA

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Confusing part is it says Bolt action and single action. I was assuming single action was something other than semi auto.

Zeusgod157

Zeusgod157

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationGlenpool, Oklahoma
Oops guess I accidentally mistook it for semi auto since I was thinking about how the m82 is semi auto but still it should be registered as a sniper but if JP or somebody else has any idea if it should be registered as dmr they will say something.

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx

Im going to say its a DMR, and Ill go ahead and explain why. Originally most sniper rifles were bolt action, which keeps your rate of fire very low, in addition to that sniper rifles typically make longer range shots, so most rulesets including ours allows for them to be higher powered.  When it comes to a ruleset we have to be able to define the type of rifle for it to fall into the rules somewhere.  We have defined semi auto rifles with slightly more power as DMRs. The reality of this game is that a fusion engine inside of an M82 is no different then a fusion engine inside of an M16 or any other rifle body. If I give an exception to you, then I go against my own ruleset as its currently written, and I would have to give an exception to anyone else in a similar situation, weather it be an SR25 or an M110. That doesn't mean we cant make a change down the road because of the discussion here, but for the time being, I will say that it is technically a DMR with the way that the rules currently state. I don't like to give exceptions, We don't mold our rules around individual players, individual players need to mold themselves around our rules.

I think its fine to carry multiple VN style mags and switch them from the M82 mag, as long as you follow the other rules regarding reloading.

My job is to clarify and enforce policy, not to make policy.

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx

I also dont want to discourage anyone from asking questions here, the worst I can do is say NO.

My job is to clarify and enforce policy, not to make policy.

DozerFTA

DozerFTA

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks for the clarification. I'll make sure she practices at the dmr regulations before we attend as in New York out rifles are 400fps with .25g and snipers are 500fps with .25g (100ft minimum distance)

BattleMachineAZ

BattleMachineAZ

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

i was just going to ask this but then saw the post :) i just picked up a barret and plan doing hpa. and wanted to use it at events like copperhead.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users