American MilSim
Astronic

How Many Batteries are Enough?

I run with 3 batteries and have never had to swap to the last one. But that's for one day's play, I do charge everything at night. If you won't have access to a place to charge (Xtream Airsoft will have a free charging station set up in their vendors tent) then I would bring 4. A lot depends on the type of battery you use and how heavy or light you are on the trigger. If this is your first event then you will most likely pack way to much stuff since you won't know exactly what you need so bring a few extra if you have them.

Guest Specs

Really depends on how trigger active you are. I myself carry 3 just in case, but rarely use beyond that first battery let alone my second. The 3rd is more of a contingency for if one of the other batteries didn't charge properly or has an issue.

3 batteries will last me 2 days?

Absolutely, unless you are going crazy on your trigger.  Remember, this is MilSim and if you're a rifleman, you are semi-auto and having to be disciplined on the trigger.  You're not going to go out there and roll full-auto all day.  

These games are a war of attrition and trigger discipline and controlled fire not only your best friend but also a more realistic experience!

For $40 you can get a power converter at Walmart (I have one) that plugs into the 12v or attaches to your car battery and you can hook up to your charger and charge those batteries quick at the field.  Or, you can take advantage of some of the vendors available that may have free charging stations up, or if you are staying at a hotel simply plug your batteries in overnight!

Guest Specs

I would also recommend those large portable batteries that you can charge from a wall outlet and can jump a car with. Some of them come with outlets built into them. My group used to bring one to BH each year and they would last the 3 days, even with all of us charging from it. (Also doubles as an "Oh crap my car is dad" contingency for travel.)