10 replies to this topic

Devon Linden

Devon Linden

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Location165 West Rogues Path

Hello! I would like to organize an American Milsim event in New York. You see, all the American Milsim events have been in the south (yes, i know the map AND lore) and these have always been to far. SO, I would like to organize  an American Milsim event in the New York area! I was thinking somewhere along the lines of a rebel uprising of a CoST sub-group, sent in to start unrest in New York, move to New York City, and destroy places like wall street, crippling the UFS's economy, and it is up to the UFS to stop them, maybe having 2 events going on at the same time. One, the Rebel uprising, will take place in upstate NY. While the second event could be a D-Day style invasion by Cost forces, trying to strike and capture Long Island. Please consider this event. If you like the idea, please spread the word and the link to this page on the American Milsim Facebook page, AM Instagram, and all over the airsoft world on the internet!

The Red on the map shows not FULL FIELDS, but rather areas where an event could be held.

Attached Files

Specs

Specs

MilSim Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Arkansas

I would reach out to Alex on AMS staff regarding possible event locations. (If I recall, there was even a thread location for suggestions like this that you might have it moved to.)

Founder and SQL of Ozark Mountain Milsim.

Need a patch design? Team need some branding? T-shirts are fine too. Check me out at Specs Airsoft Design.

My business page here.

My professional site here.

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• AMS Founders
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx

We get a lot of "you should host an event here" posts on here.  Here's the deal.  If you find a specific AO, not just a geographic region that you would like for us to find an AO in, then please send that info to Rick Kastner. 

My job is to clarify and enforce policy, not to make policy.

Bruiser

Bruiser

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

We get a lot of "you should host an event here" posts on here.  Here's the deal.  If you find a specific AO, not just a geographic region that you would like for us to find an AO in, then please send that info to Rick Kastner. 

So like a training facility?

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• AMS Founders
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx

That would work. 

Callsign-Hammer

Callsign-Hammer

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Ga

From my knowledge, the only reason they hosted IronHorse 1 in Georgia last year is because a lot of Georgians wanted one. Georgia isn't a great place for Airsoft primarily due to a severe lack of decent fields and a huge youth and speedsofter population. Milsim's on the rise in Georgia now, thanks to Op IronHorse! That being said, it is worth nothing that Airsoft is actually illegal in New York City. It's the only place in the country where it is strait-up outlawed (I think I heard something about entire state of Minnesota outlawing it recently, I'll have to fact check that), but if you find an AO outside of the city, I'm sure they'd host an op there at some point. Best of luck to you!

Mica O'Neal
Callsign- "Hammer"
Weapon of Choice- KWA CQR Mod-1
"The most important thing in the Olympics is not to win, but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well" -Pierre de Coubertin, founder of the Olympic Games

Callsign-Hammer

Callsign-Hammer

American MilSim Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Ga

And I agree, it seems all of the AMS OPs are hosted in the south. I'm pretty sure MilSim West does the same thing. You guys deserve some big-time OPs, too!

Mica O'Neal
Callsign- "Hammer"
Weapon of Choice- KWA CQR Mod-1
"The most important thing in the Olympics is not to win, but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well" -Pierre de Coubertin, founder of the Olympic Games

Devon Linden

Devon Linden

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Location165 West Rogues Path
How about this place http://www.cousinspaintball.com?I know they mostly do paintball, but they also do airsoft. And there is ample cover and area. Plus, it's close to Republic airport. So, if you need to get a plane or chopper in there, you caneed do it very easy!

Alex AMS

Alex AMS

AMS Chief of Staff

• AMS Founders
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Tx

Typically we don't like to have events at places that are commonly used as Airsoft or Paintball fields.  Also, that place is simply a few large speed ball courses, which is typically not what we are looking for. 

AlanD

AlanD

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

actually zulu24 has a large field and is right down the road from stewart airport

http://zulu24.net/

Jungle

Jungle

New to American MilSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

As someone who has attended an AMS OP and plays at both Cousins Airsoft and Zulu24, I don't think they would work for the scale of game AMS puts on. Nothing wrong with either field but to have upwards of 250 vs 250 on those fields simply wouldn't work. However, if AMS could secure the unicorn AO in Watertown, NY that would 100% sell out in weeks, host an event at Fort Drum. 

Edit: a word

I didn't choose the day NOD life, the day NOD life chose me. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users