American MilSim
Sign in to follow this  
Catalyst

Sticky trigger in semi issue

So I have this m4 that the trigger sticks in semi but only with power hooked up. What's up with that?

Safety and full auto work fine. The gun works fine except for sticky semi-fire.

Anyone dealt with this, any suggestions?

Thanks

I'm thinking it's an issue with the trigger contact trolley getting hung up as it moves back and forth when firing. It operates differently in semi auto, with the trigger contact trolley disengaging on each shot unlike in full auto where the trolley stays in contact with the trigger contacts while firing.

Solution: change out the trigger contact assembly, or open it up and seee where the trolley is might be snagging in its grooves.

So far I've pulled the gun apart 4+ times. Tried three different triggers assembly's, springs, triggers, ect... To no avail. Tried looking for where it's catching obsessively. When the gear box is open it doesn't catch anywhere. If no battery is hooked up it don't stick...only when it has power. It's an aps gearbox and aps trigger.

I also tried a g&g, jg, and some unknown trigger assembly's.

The gun didn't do this until I pulled it apart the first time, which was unavoidable due to a bearing shattering.

I've been working on my own guns since I got into the sport 5 years ago and I'm totally stumped. Ive never had this problem.

Dang, that's frustrating; it sounds like you've thoroughly tested out the problem area with no luck. I hate being the guy to suggest scrapping the gearbox, but you might look into a complete gearbox replacement.

I've worked on the APS V2 gearbox before, and had nothing but problems with it (trigger issues as well).

If you're in the market for a new gearbox, I highly recommend a G&P complete one. They're very affordable at $75 and have run like a champ in the 5 M4s I've built.