American MilSim
Sign in to follow this  
Catalyst

If a gun goes down...

So I had a question, it has probably been asked before, and if it's covered anywhere in the rules I missed it.

If I'm at an AMS event and my gun goes down and the only backup I have is for another class,(example being a rifleman but only backup is a sniper) what happens? Will I be allowed to change class or am I just s.o.l.?

Your SOL lol,
If your primary goes down then you need to be able to have a back up, I would suggest staying in the same class as a rifleman but sometimes we have many different guns. Bring what you have, chrono what you have, and if you need to change weapon platforms then just do it. There shouldn't be an issue.

Always bring a backup of the role you sign up for. If you only have a sniper and an aeg than sign up as sniper and move to aeg if that goes down. If the sniper shoots under 400fps then they might let you use it if your aeg goes down but dont count on it.

Bring a backup and a backup to your backup and separate batteries for each.  AEGs are notorious for shooting great in the shop, great on the range and then dying on the field.  I had a gun stop shooting moments before the start of BH3. 

I don't leave my backup AEG at the FOB.  At BH 1 or 2 (I can't remember which) my SSW went down (see, it happens). I walked back to our FOB to retrieve my backup AEG, only to find the FOB and all our gear had been moved and no one could find it.  I walked around the field for over an hour, asking teammates and at least one Admin.  No one knew the FOB's current location.  I managed to find our communications coordinator.  After hard work on his part, he located it but said it was coming back in awhile.  He was right, it did.  By that time, it was easier to just wait.

After that, I carry spare ammo, loaders, food and water with me.  I'll only reload when the rules permit but I'm not going to be left hanging again.  I leave all my backup stuff at my car.  I could have walked back to my car, changed loadouts and been back in play in the amount of time it took me to track down the FOB. 

Just my .20g. 

We occasionally select the guy with the lightest load to pack an AKSu, MP5, or a G36C folded up in his ruck with a few extra mags in case somebody has a malfunction in the middle of a firefight.  It's faster to whip that out and wait for a lull than to lose a man for the next 20-60 minutes.